TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@madinana sounds like you are doing well? Out to dinner....seriously? Wow. I don't think I had even crept down the stairs at that point. (: I hope it felt good to be out. I remember my first outing to a coffee shop. It was wonderful.
hopefaith
 
@madinana Well, bed is calling my name and I need to go rub the vitamin E oil into hubby's scar. It's easier in bed so the cats don't try to lick it off. The cats aren't allowed in our bedroom because I am allergic and need one safe place in the house I can go to if my asthma flairs. Take care and have a good night.
 
@madinana, I've been following you and your wonderfully informative pre-op post and now you seem to be heading towards an easier recovery than you thought. I am happy for you. I"m getting the message to just listen, listen, listen to what my knee tells me. Looking forward to hearing more of your journey.
 
OUT TO DINNER???? Wow, apparently you missed all of the post op reading list!!! Seriously though--now is the time to rest and elevate Elevating your leg to control swelling and pain
Using ice. Your knee needs to heal and if you do too much now, it will slow down the healing process. You need rest and more rest right now.

Here is the post op reading list---lots of short articles!! I hope you are continuing to do well.

First are the mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!

Next is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread.

And then the articles in order of importance .
Group A
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Progression of activity for TKRs

Group B
How Long Does Healing Take ......
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevating your leg to control swelling and pain
Using ice

Group C
Knee Replacement - Where Am I in Recovery?
So What Is It Going to Take? The Five “P’s” of Knee Recovery
Work “Smarter” and not “Harder”
About recovering a knee - from one who knows!
Some suggestions for home physio (PT) and activity progress
Myth busting: The "window of opportunity"

Group D
MUA (manipulation under anaesthetic) and adhesions
It's never too late to get more ROM!
It's Worth the Wait for ROM
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?
 
Oh boy spoke too soon my knee and leg letting me know that it's there guess it is time for :elevate::elevate: :ice:Anded trusty old :chillpill: Be back later
 
@madinana Good Morning! PT is at noon today, I will go keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't press 95 lbs again. You will probably be a bit swollen today after your outing. Elevate and ice. Will check in later.
 
@tiredwife lots to tell but got to ice and got behind on a pain pill so will write late late tonight Hope you are feeling better ad hubby is doing well Also thanks for being you, you are one of the sweetest person I have ever met,, I mean it to
 
@madinana If I can just get rid of the cotton in the ear feeling I would be good! It is getting better. Hubby overdid it a little at PT so is icing. They had him stand and roll a medicine ball back and forth and side to side with his foot on it. It bothered his hip and his knee. Won't be doing that one again.
Once again you have me blushing, I just really feel a connection to you!
 
@madinana Well, can't keep my eyes open any longer. :yawn: I will check on you in the morning:console2:and then I need to scrub my kitchen. We finally put the new light bulbs in and now I can see all the grime.:eeeuw:. You have a great night.:sleep:
 
@madinana Good almost afternoon! I stayed up late and actually slept in. Hope you have a great day today, can't put off cleaning the kitchen any longer, so I will check back when I get done.
 
@tiredwife awesome job on sleeping in that is pretty much my day sleeping elevating and icing I am ready to take nap now, but am babysitting my three grand children :yahoo:
 
@madinana Well, didn't get done all I wanted to the kitchen, but it is cleaner and I am worn out. Have fun with the grandkids at least they are old enough to pretty well entertain themselves.
 
@tiredwife and friends had an excellent report from my oa. I got my staples remove and they were so excited on leg movement they hug me. Have to do physical therapy for two weeks I am halfway on bending back the going forward was excellent according to them I go back in August and if they still like what they see can schedule for my rtkr in October I could not have done it without the help of my daughter in law who help me do exercise twice a day and walk out with a big smile as all my hard work paid off, but due to being on my feet all day so my leg looks like elephant so am off to ice and elevate. My daughter in law and grand children leave Sunday so am on my own after that. okay off t:alarm::elevate:o :ice:but wanted do happy dance :chuckmarch: for my good report
 
@tiredwife they never showed up so not sure what they are doing now. they said if weather is bad they would do the 21st but it was beautiful today okay I want to stay on but got to fix my leg!!!!!!!!!!! :sos:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom