@madinana Said hi on my thread, but forgot to say Gooooood Moooooorning on yours! So Goooooooood Moooooorning! It's been a pleasant one so far. We are home and the cats are taking turns laying on hubby's knee. Think it may be nap time! OOOOps just realized it is after noon, so change that to Goooooooood Affffternooooon! Hope you have a great day!
@madinana Going to bed early tonight, hubby is trying chamomile tea tonight to see if will help him sleep. ! You have a great night! Check on you in the morning.
@madinana you are amazing! But are you doing too much? I was in a hospital my first 3 weeks and did nothing but rest and PT. you are hopping around like a bunny! Your incision looks great; I bet your scar is barely visible. And you are going again next month. I don't think I would have the courage for that. Hope you feel better tomorrow.
@Daystar Thank you and Ginglebot Thank you I feel very blessed that I feel have not had a lot of pain and excellent results. I walk around the house with nothing but if go anywhere I use my cane. The only thing I am struggling with is the swelling the past few days so been doing a lot of icing and elevating
Also see my os next month but would not have right knee replacement until October
So happy to hear you are healing nicely! What a blessing! My doc said that the tightness I feel, and some swelling, could take up to a year to heal fully. Love, love the ice cuff! Well, tomorrow is my right knee. Left done 3 months ago. I am ready (at least every other 5 minutes!). : /
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
Wow madinana, sounds like you are doing great! I am using a walker around the house. I don't feel secure without it. (my quad just woke up yesterday) and my first trip out of the house will be tomorrow, when I go to my post op appt. How nice for you to be so fortunate in the pain dept.
@Roselover Remember everyone heals at their own pace. It is hard, but try not to compare. Hand in there every week will bring improvements. We usually compare by the week not the day. What was he doing today that he couldn't do this time last week. You see your improvements better that way. Not so discouraging.
@madinana I think we have been playing tag all over the forum tonight! Just in case the song excaped your head.......... Oh I wish I were an oscar myer hotdog.......There, is it firmly in your brain again? You can thank me later. Don't hate me! You have a great night. Sleep. Catch up to you tomorrow.
@madinana although we chatted on my thread today I thought I would say goodnight on yours. You have a great sleep tonight. Enjoy your storm. I will do a couple of quick checks on you tomorrow. Good Night!
@madinana woke up early so was able to check in for a little while! Goood Moooorning! Hope you have a great day! Hubby slept 6 hours last night! I will try to check back after hubby's pre-op appointment.
@madinanaSo happy you are doing so well. I still can't babysit my grandson. He is 2 1/2 and I can't lift him. Please take time for rest and all the good stuff.
~hopefaith
@madinana got done quick with his pre-op appointment and picked up some milk for grandson today. Anyway, actually have time before he gets here to check on everyone. Hope you are having a great day! How is your elephant leg?
@hopefaith our grandson is 3. He worries about hurting his pop pop's knee so he avoids it.
@tiredwife still have 3/4 elephant leg can not get swelling done errrrr @hopefaith I am surprised how. Things have been going for me. Finally start pt and only have to go twice a week for 1/2 hour!!!!!! Did have to tell them about pain rule they were surprised I knew so much thank you bonesmart and @tiredwife for all the tips all of this has definitely paid off for me, along with my prayers
@madinana you are the boss!!!!!! Hubby goes to pt 3 times a week for an hour each. It is quite a workout so he really paces himself (or should I say I make him pace himself so he doesn't overdo it) Often he overdoes it anyway. Grandson fell asleep so I got my computer back, his dad should be here any minute to pick him up. I'll say good night now though, have to take care of a bunch of allerts. Get some rest elephant leg girl! Maybe you can talk pt into trying to massage the fluid out and ELEVATE!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.