Guest viewing is limited

TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@madinana hubby's bruised down one side from ankle to knee. I think I posted a photo of it awhile back. Part of it is from the way they have to wrap your leg so tight during surgery. Some of it is from the bloodthinners. If you are worried about blood clots I believe they cause a lot of pain and swelling in areas. You can tag Josephine if you are really worried. Is there fever in your leg, remember your knee will be warm? Are you elevating high enough and long enough to drain the fluid out of your knee? Are you in TED hose? Ice all the time!
 
I dug up the photo of hubby's bruises
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana the energy drain from this surgery is profound. It is so important to listen to your body. It'll pay off down the road. If your pain is not managed,call your doc, bug them until you get your pain to a very tolerable level. This is just so important!!
I hope you are resting all that you can.
@tiredwife I have dealt with a lot of sinus issues in my past. They are miserable! I am so sorry! Take good care of yourself!
 
@madinana How are you today? Hope the swelling is going down!? Be glad when you start feeling better so you can get on here more. Take care of yourself.
 
I must say I have been almost pain free just have swelling and tightness still on meds and all I do is sleep
 
:flwrysmile:@madinana Hope today was a good day for you and you were icing & elevating most of the time.
 
@madinana hope you are starting to feel better. My pain meds were completely different. Both oxy condone and Percocet give me extreme nausea. I have had extended release morphine, with dilaudid for breakthrough pain, and regular for nausea. That has worked well for me. Believe it or not, it will start to get better fairly quickly. As for eating, the first two weeks I lived on oatmeal and ice cream. But you will get thru that too. Food still doesn't taste right to me...I think the meds cause that...but I'm eating. Put on 10 pounds I didn't need.
Please let us know how it is going when you can.
 
:)good morning! I am very familiar with interrupted sleep, as I know most on here are ! You are not alone
 
@madinana Well, survived the vet trip. Need to go in a few minutes and get a few groceries. Lungs are a little tight today, but not too bad, ear still feels like it is stuffed with cotten. Wish I was better because it is nice out today and I would love to get out but I've got to avoid pollen.:cry:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
This is week one also have. A lot of brusing on the back of knee and very swelled up due to going out to dinner and sitting so long getting ready to do some icing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom