Guest viewing is limited

Five month check up

Status
Not open for further replies.

nannyshoo

member
Joined
Nov 4, 2009
Messages
103
Age
80
Location
England
Had a check up today. Five months now, everything is great. Good range of movement and no pain.
Am allowed to do everything., Asked about dancing, we used to do rock n roll (jiving) apparently that is ok. As is running but a big no no to horseriding.
Apparently because I have a ceramic hip the surgeon is worried that I may fall off.
Have been riding for over forty years, with very few falls but he was adamant that I shouldn't.
The chance of me running is very remote, so that just leaves the rock n roll, unfortunately my husband may need a knee replacement so am waiting for his appt. on Friday.
 
I cannot believe he would say that! How many people on here ride their horses. And how many others do so because they never asked their surgeons but just got on and did it! Good grief!
 
Yep, Nanny...if the reason is the risk of falling off, you will have to decide what your own personal risk level is with the new hip. I imagine as you get farther and farther out from your surgery and you feel better and better, you'll be ready to decide what you want to do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom