THR Merrimay's on the other side now THR

I developed bursitis on my good side...used Voltaren, seemed to help, having another little flare up but not as sore as before.
It's strange cause two weeks ago (before holiday), I was 100% fine. surgical hip (right along scar) feels like might be developing bursitis as well. Almost feels "bruised." I'll try some Voltaren but that stuff makes me nervous cause you have to be so careful how much you use.
If I still have issues by mid week I'll call OS and go in and see, from what MoJo says maybe a cortisone shot or draining it will make it feel better.
My massage therapist probably should be my first stop. It's such a busy time of year and so much to get done but if you are in pain difficult to get anything done. Two weeks from Tuesday my Texas son and family arrive and I want to be ok.
This Is a rough time of year to work in appointments. Sure hope you can see someone so y

I'll tell you, I'm bad to click "post" by mistake! Need to slow down...was saying, before I so rudely interrupted myself, that I hope you can be seen and given some relief before your family's festivities begin! Re: Voltaren. Read somewhere that it doesn't get deep enough into the hip to help, but if you do have bursitis, it may ease your discomfort a bit. Unfortunately I'm off nsaids after 2 years of constant use. Tore up my stomach something awful. My pain meds now are tylenol...and ice...and rest. No shopping for me. Thank heavens for online shopping or I'd be Scrooge!
Let me know how things go.

@Mojo333, you know, your most recent post on post op bursitis and its treatment is so great, and since, as you say, it's not an uncommon bump in the road to recovery, i'm wondering if it isn't worthy of its own link? You may have already posted an article about T bursitis but, if so, I'm not seeing it. What valuable info!! :yay:

Hello Merrimay, I'm so sorry to read about your setbacks. I can imagine your disappointment and anger having to deal with all the pain and other issues.
I do hope you get some answers when you see your surgeon and I send you lots of healing hugs.
Take care...x

Shadowstar1951, I need all the healing hugs I can get. Thank you! :gaah: :hugzz:

Here is the article We have in our library.

Hi gang! Saw the OS yesterday about the pain I'm experiencing in the rear-outside and lower back area of my nonoperative hip. I suspected tronchoteric (sp) bursitis, but after he poked around, had me do this or that to identify trigger spots, and studied the nonop hip's x-ray, he said he suspected a sacroiliac flare. So the sports injury expert gave me an SI injection. I swear when he walked in, I thought he was 12, but he's been practicing for 16 years! :heehee:

I'll return in Jan if the injection doesn't remedy the problem. Meanwhile, I monitor for thigh and groin pain. If that kicks in, I'll get surgery #2 asap.

One positive: OS thought I'm walking well unassisted.

But he wasn't too pleased with the continued swelling in my lower legs. Oh well. Ice and elevate.

I purchased some Terry Naturally curcumin in the hope that it might "replace" the NSAIDS that tore up my stomach. Do seem to feel some pain relief. Have any of you tried it?

What a coincidence. Just this morning I read a couple of articles about golden milk, which I hadn't heard of before. It has curcumin in it and is supposed to be good for what ails ya, including inflammation. But the articles warned about too much curcumin, because it can cause diarrhea and stomach cramps. I don't recall how much is too much but I'd venture to guess that it wouldn't be hard to figure out if symptoms appear.
I hope it all works out for you. And how great to hear about your positive visit with your doc!

Thsnk you! Curcumin supplements do warn about potential side effects, especially on the stomach, and since nsaids became impossible for just that reason, I'm taking it slow. They suggest 3 pills a day, taken together or one at a time. I only took 1 in the a.m., and will take one later this afternoon. Full stomach. Fingers crossed!

Hi gang! Saw the OS yesterday about the pain I'm experiencing in the rear-outside and lower back area of my nonoperative hip. I suspected tronchoteric (sp) bursitis, but after he poked around, had me do this or that to identify trigger spots, and studied the nonop hip's x-ray, he said he suspected a sacroiliac flare. So the sports injury expert gave me an SI injection. I swear when he walked in, I thought he was 12, but he's been practicing for 16 years! :heehee:

I'll return in Jan if the injection doesn't remedy the problem. Meanwhile, I monitor for thigh and groin pain. If that kicks in, I'll get surgery #2 asap.

One positive: OS thought I'm walking well unassisted.

But he wasn't too pleased with the continued swelling in my lower legs. Oh well. Ice and elevate.
I really hope the injection works for you

Thank you. So far, no difference that I can tell, but the follow-up instrux say it can take from 3 to 5 days, even longer. One thing this surgery is demanding of me patience, never one of my virtues, unfortunately.

I ,too, hope you get some relief from the injection...
Hope your Sunday is sweet:flwrysmile:

Hello everyone! Looks like I finally have some positive news to report after 3 weeks of setbacks. The SI injection kicked in late yesterday afternoon. The pain relief is immeasurable, and the ROM has returned on my nonoperative hip.

Most amazing is that I realized this morning that something has "clicked." Meaning that my operative hip is much stronger. It occurred to me around 10 last night that my body was telling me to just walk unassisted. This morning I easily did so as well. I only used poles thus far today when I walked outside.

I know this seems sudden, but it's very real. Wondering if being a day shy of week 8 plus the SI injection was what it took to get me here.

I've learned that recovery is best taken a day at a time. I'll still deal with plateaus and setbacks. But at least I'm not as worried that I'll never improve! My thoughts went dark, and I'm hoping this experience will give me a better perspective.

Thanks for sticking with me during the past few weeks of doubt and some despair.
:fingersx::flwrysmile:

:wave:So happy to see things are getting better.
Hope you have a great week.:flwrysmile:

Happy to hear things are getting better. I think we've all experienced those great days and then not so great days which gets us thinking that something must be wrong.
And usually it's just part of the healing process.
Then all the hippies here calm us down and life is good.

Oh I’m so glad to hear your pain has eased and you’re doing so well.

Last week I noticed one day I could walk unassisted (9 weeks post op). I thought it would never happen.

Overdid it today though and in pain but couldn’t be helped. I got a pair of boots out a couple of days back and they’d gone mouldy. I don’t know what’s happened here but I’ve spent the last couple of days throwing loads of stuff out and cleaning mould. I’ve bought a dehumidifier which will hopefully work it’s magic. I’ve never had anything so gross in my life.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom