Recent content by bellaroma

  1. bellaroma

    Bilateral THR My post op journey has started

    Great report, Glad you are enjoying life. I also still have stiffness, but it will pass
  2. bellaroma

    THR Could be better, hope it's not worse

    Cookie, Suva... glad your puppy came home and I am sorry I have not been around for your second surgery. Each surgery is different and soon you will be touching your toes to your nose. :) :)
  3. bellaroma

    Bilateral THR My post op journey has started

    Wahoo, Puddlefish. You worked hard to get where you are and I am so happy you can return to your loves. Beautiful photos
  4. bellaroma

    THR My Journey begins

    Well 9 weeks today for my right hip and am at over 5 months on my left. This healing has been alot about getting my strength and endurance back after 2 years not being able to do anything. I am now up to a 2 mile walks each day and am going over 10,000 steps on my pedometer. I WENT ON MY KAYAK...
  5. bellaroma

    THR dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed

    Wouldn't it be nice, just for once to get a clear answer and solution. I am sory you are going through this, but glad you are going to keep the boot on till you see the next doctor. I didn't feel overly warm and fuzzy over his information or approach.
  6. bellaroma

    THR dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed

    That stinks,:hissy: I wishI could majically fix you. Don't pick on your 1.5 miles, today was the first time I was able to do 1.46. After which I look like a drunken sailor,:martini: my legs start going spaghetti on me. Do you know what causes yournerve problems, is itbecause of a pinch?
  7. bellaroma

    THR Complex THR....has anyone else been through this?

    I have been using the Fitbit pedometer, it syncs online. I haven't made the 10,000 steps yet, but made it to 9,557 yesterday . Wanted to keep walking as I was so close, but my head took overandI went to sleep.
  8. bellaroma

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Having had a fracture also, every little bit counts. Listen to your body and walk as much as you can, it will help start restoring muscle strength . Can't believe you have no weightbearing restrictions . I was 50% for 8 weeks.
  9. bellaroma

    THR dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed

    Dede, hope you scheduled that second opion and that your hip is not compalining too much from the adjustment from the foot boot. I agree with Sissy, wish you were not going through this, but there is noone I can take a whack at :hissy:
  10. bellaroma

    THR My Journey begins

    Thanks, dede62 and Poppet. I did not go to the marathon and did not run in it yet and very fortunately those I knew who went and a couple who ran are all okay. I live about an hour from Boston, but when back at work I go into the city two to three times a week. I can not believe that it happend...
  11. bellaroma

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    Hey there Sandybeach, Sorry I was not around around, but was fighting a cold and then with the tragedy yeasterday with the Boston Marathon, I was checking to see if friends I knew were ok. They al are. Boy, you do sound just like me. When the doc, did the second one it felt like he did battle...
  12. bellaroma

    THR Sissie's recovery

    Nature Warrior, you are a true inspiration. I will soon be following you in my kayak.
  13. bellaroma

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Glad you made ithome, things will get better and you will be simply amazed at what you can do and all the trouble you can get into with weightbearing restrictions:) Take your meds and you will get less pain in time
  14. bellaroma

    Bilateral THR bilateral THR 10/22/12

    Glad you are doing great and getting your hockey in. I hope that the weather is finally getting warmer,
  15. bellaroma

    Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

    Hi Branluc, Sorry to hear you are going through this. I had a fractured femur when they did my left hip at the end of October. They wired it and I ended up with 8 weeks of 50% weightbearing. I was luckier than you as they noticed during the surgery and did not have to go in again. To me the...
Back
Top Bottom