Guest viewing is limited

THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there Sandybeach, Sorry I was not around around, but was fighting a cold and then with the tragedy yeasterday with the Boston Marathon, I was checking to see if friends I knew were ok. They al are.

Boy, you do sound just like me. When the doc, did the second one it felt like he did battle with every square inch of the leg, he actually even said it was a challenge. I am so glad to hear that you are well, the first weekis will go by quick and you will be able to start getting those muscles back that we lost due to our old hips. Slow and Steady
 
Well done sandybeach Thinkng about you and sending you all my good wishes for a speedy recovery x
 
Day three at home. I haven't left the house since coming home from the hospital and probably won't for several more days. We have snow on the ground and forecasts say more is on the way. I have slept a lot again today but I am feeling a little stronger and it's a little less pain to stand up from sitting. chisels1 You will be so happy to get a date and have your surgery planned. It's hard for me now, I will admit that but in a week or so I will be so happy I had these surgeries this close together because of the pain I was in. There were days I couldn't hardly take it and just knowing the surgery date was approaching helped me cope. zauberflöte your date will be here before you know it. This gives you the time to prepare. I do think that I'm so much more sore because my hip second hip was my worse one and the surgeon had to do a lot more tugging to get the job done. octopus The prep area was so nice and relaxing. I had a flat screen tv and warm air pumped in through my gown. That would be so nice to have here at home when we have temps that are freezing.
 
sandybeach So glad that you are beginning to felt a little stronger and having a little less pain when getting up These are positive signs and as you know you will get better each day that goes by.

The Preop area sounds posh wow TV and warm air pumped into your gown I could have done with that in recovery I remember being freezing and I had a very low temperature. Can't believe its snowing again where you live Spring has even arrived here in the frozen north. It can't last forever and it won't be long before your weather improves Its amazing to me who lives in a tiny island how vast the USA is as we are hearing from other Bonesmarties who are basking in temperatures of over 80 degrees.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.
 
Kim22 We have temps in the 30's so everything is still frozen. The lakes are typically open water this time of year but this year there's several inches of ice still on them. You live on an Island? How nice and beautiful. I live in Minnesota at state that's known for their lakes. My husband spends as much time as he can on the lakes. He loves ice fishing. I like summer fishing. Thanks for the healing thoughts....It will take some time but I will get to feeling better as the days pass.
 
[quote"octopus, post: 446176, member: 8739"]Hi Sandybeach, congratulations! Oh my, did you say your hospital bed had a massage setting? I could have done with one of those! Wishing you as good a recovery as your first hip. Best wishes. :flwrysmile:[/quote]
..... It sounds brilliant, massage bed. Wow
Glad you're home and doing great. Xxxx
 
sandybeach Just catching up and so glad your second surgery went well and you're home safe and sound, all snug and resting. Keep well and continue the good work. Thinking of you. :)
 
sandybeach Just catching up with you and see you had your 2nd surgery. Congrats! Sounds like you are going to be on your way! Rest & ice,, blah, blah, you know! :dancy:
 
You are doing so well, bet you're glad it's all over. Funny, but before I had my left hip done I had no pain in my right. And now the pain is gone, I'm starting to get some in the right hip. Hmmm. Maybe I didn't notice it because the left hip was agony?
 
ha Allycat my left was pretty quiet compared to right, but now it knows it's going to be left out, so is being a nuisance, Mommy mommy mommy can I have one too pleeeeeeeese huh?huh?huh?:rotfl:
 
bellaroma, I am so glad that all the people you know that are in Boston are all okay. What a worry when you don't know.
I am fast approaching my first week mark. My new hip is very sore and makes it difficult to move around very much. I have a walker but it doesn't have wheels, makes it even harder to get around. I think I'm gonna send my husband out looking for one with wheels. I don't think I will need it for a long time just something to get up and help me get going. I am sleeping a lot. I think I am going to back on the drugs so I'm awake more. I am icing all the time. I also have the compression socks on for another 4 days. Those make life a little harder too.
Audball, my hospital bed had a massage setting on it that was turned on, it gave me a constant massage the whole time I was there. I should have taken advantage and stayed one more day. My room was huge, it had a pull out couch, that's where my husband slept. My bathroom had a full bath with tub and shower. It was crazy how nice it all was, then I came home to reality....lol.
Allycat and zauberflöte I had pain in both of my hips from the beginning of my awareness that I had hip problems. My pain in my un-operated hip got so bad closer to my surgery that at times I couldn't stand it. It doesn't surprise me that you are getting pain in both hips, I think it's very common.
ByGosh Teacat Elosarabrab cabbageandbacon I am doing alright with my new hip. I know I will continue to get better as the days go by and I do admit it's getting hard to be patient once again. The pain I have now is surgery pain and I have quite a bit of that. The doctor had to work my hip over pretty good I think. My appetite is way down, but that's a good thing, maybe I will start to lose some of my new found weight. In a few months I will be singing my surgeons praise and be so happy I had this done now.
 
sandybeach Good to see you are doing well. A walker with no wheels has to suck cannot even image that one. Now you can look forward to NO more pain in your hips. I find it amazing that my pain is gone the best I have felt in 5 years. Today is 7 days post op and all this time I thought I had staples not so I had to remove this big bandaid that covered the surgery area and low and behold they are strips. It looks amazing considering. I wasn't looking forward to seeing the PA next week I thought she was going to take staples out that won't be the case now :yay: Happy continued healing!
 
Liveringer, I don't have staples either just those bandage strips that you're talking about. They super glued my outside cut together. I will take the bandage off next week, after 10 days. I was surprised when I woke up in the hospital, I didn't have any drains. The walker without wheels is not good....for anyone who has a walker without wheels, go get one with them.
 
sandybeach have your husband check your local Habitat for Humanity ReStore for a walker. My husband is a manager for Habitat and they get donations of those all the time. I got a nice walker on wheels with brakes from Habitat for $50 bucks.
 
Jojool, thanks for the tip...I will send him out looking. My doctor did give me a prescription for one also if all else fails. We are being dumped on with snow right now so it might be a day or so before he can get out and much of anything now.
 
sandybeach You have a wonderful, positive attitude! Can I have some of it? :) It's great to hear you feel so optimistic about your recovery. You know it'll be fine because you've done it before - you're a pro now! Keep up the positivity, it's contagious. :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom