bellaroma
graduate
Well 9 weeks today for my right hip and am at over 5 months on my left. This healing has been alot about getting my strength and endurance back after 2 years not being able to do anything. I am now up to a 2 mile walks each day and am going over 10,000 steps on my pedometer. I WENT ON MY KAYAK YESTERDAY
for a short paddle, but this was something I sooo... much missed. Sitting down was a little more difficult then I would have thought, as when I straddled the kayak, I could not lower my self down slowly, but had to plop down, getting up was like I thought it would be. I couldn't rise from the yak, but had to go into the water on my knees and then get up holding the yak, but who cares I was so glad to do it. I will be fading out of here, as I return to work on Monday, but if anyone needs anything please pm me and I will answer. This site has been a great support and I will always come back to check the site and help in anyway I can.
for a short paddle, but this was something I sooo... much missed. Sitting down was a little more difficult then I would have thought, as when I straddled the kayak, I could not lower my self down slowly, but had to plop down, getting up was like I thought it would be. I couldn't rise from the yak, but had to go into the water on my knees and then get up holding the yak, but who cares I was so glad to do it. I will be fading out of here, as I return to work on Monday, but if anyone needs anything please pm me and I will answer. This site has been a great support and I will always come back to check the site and help in anyway I can.
United States![[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins [Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/9/9768-54c774b210d869ff487961d56fa585c5.jpg?hash=VMd0shDYaf)
It has been such a rocky ride for you over the last 5+ months after surgery and it is sooooo wonderful to know you're well on your way to doing the things you love! Things will only get better from here! I am so excited for you (can't you tell?)!!!!
I'm really going to have to head over to FB to see what everyone's up to!
WooHoo! I actually did a little fist pump in the air for you when I read this at work.