nerdgrrl
graduate
Scary on the stairs! How's your hip feeling today? And the rest of you? I went to a gym one time that had a special glute machine that didn't require weight-bearing on your feet. I wonder if you could find one of those to help keep your hip strength up, but not set off your ankle?
I am doing well, but my left knee is being a pain in the...well,... knee. It was sooo achy yesterday. I was about ready to just call my knee doc right then and there. They aren't open on Saturday, though. I hope it is just a combination of some overuse, and this big change in the weather. This sort of thing has happened in the past, but I am more paranoid about joint pain now. I have been laying low with ibuprofen, Tylenol, and ice. I did walk the dog yesterday,and today, but nothing else. Knee is feeling quite a bit better today. OTOH, my hip is doing great! I have to remember sometimes that I still am not 100% on the hip, but really, I am feeling pretty normal almost all the time now - like I forget to ice after working out. That is still a mistake, I have discovered, but I don't need to ice or do anything special from just normal walking around and stuff. Not the hip anyway. The knee is being a brat.
I am doing well, but my left knee is being a pain in the...well,... knee. It was sooo achy yesterday. I was about ready to just call my knee doc right then and there. They aren't open on Saturday, though. I hope it is just a combination of some overuse, and this big change in the weather. This sort of thing has happened in the past, but I am more paranoid about joint pain now. I have been laying low with ibuprofen, Tylenol, and ice. I did walk the dog yesterday,and today, but nothing else. Knee is feeling quite a bit better today. OTOH, my hip is doing great! I have to remember sometimes that I still am not 100% on the hip, but really, I am feeling pretty normal almost all the time now - like I forget to ice after working out. That is still a mistake, I have discovered, but I don't need to ice or do anything special from just normal walking around and stuff. Not the hip anyway. The knee is being a brat.
United States
Hope it's just a blip rather than any gremlins trying to surface. If so, beat them down with the mantra - ice, elevate, BS cocktail! I don't feel the weather in my joints, per se, but I am feeling a bit worn down by all the pollen we're dealing with (dang trees, but we are known as the Evergreen State for a reason).
my legs start going spaghetti on me. Do you know what causes yournerve problems, is itbecause of a pinch?
(
I felt obligated to call them today to let them know as I know I wouldn't want someone else getting my films. They were a bit shocked as well. So they are going to order another copy for me (of just my films) and I have to take the other one back to them when I pick up the new one. I'm not taking it to them unless I get the others first since I have my 2nd opinion appointment next Wednesday.
![[Bonesmart.org] dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed [Bonesmart.org] dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/9/9752-3b91dd89bf8e54ebf6c539426ef04dd2.jpg?hash=O5Hdib-OVO)
Ah, it'll get better, eventually!