Guest viewing is limited

THR Complex THR....has anyone else been through this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicki, had to go a searching for you,you were on page three, what you doing all the way back there Mrs :)

How are you doing, I'm just wondering how your eye is, is it better now? Of course also wondering how the hip is too, are you still biking it?

Xxx
 
Hi Anniepops Thanks for asking. I am feeling great...the hip is good and the knee has settled down to a bearable level. And my eye is healed! So, no complaints. Have a bit of work now, so I just pop in once in awhile. Have you heard anything from the charity shop? I think you'd be great at that and it would give your sexy leg a work out. I am still attempting to do some of the exercises that you do but I am rather lax.I love the bike and I love walking but that's about it. We are back to wet weather so I am rather lazy about getting myself out. I should try harder. If I had a dog I'd do it but the cats don't motivate me as neither one of them will accept a leash!
 
Glad you're doing better and got some work. Don't forget to walk when you can. I find my walks alone pretty boring too, but know thehips need to be used, and when Ican kayak, I will be happy, but that won't fix my hips
 
Good stuff Vicki, I'm so pleased to hear your eye is healed and that knee has settled somewhat. So,things are back moving in the right direction again right?

It's good that you are back to doing a bit of work too, hope you do still find time to chat to us peeps, we will miss you if you don't you know :) Your posts are always very positive and caring.x.

Still waiting to hear from the charity folk, oh, how embarrasing would it be if they don't want me...I would feel quite useless. Hoping they are just busy.

I know what you mean about the walking. I absolutely love it that I can walk a good distance again but I don't know if I would be so committed if I didn't have the dogs to take out. They give me the push I need to get out on horrible wet and cold days. It's good that you got that bike, if you do nothing else at least you are keeping that up and you don't have to leave the house to do it. Shame you can't get the cats to go on a leash though.lol

Take care

Ann
 
Anniepops No Ann, I'm not going anywhere. Ilike popping in and answering tags, gives me a break from writing. Anyhow, I think I have decided I've done enough work, so will probably stop altogether very soon. I bought a pedometer yesterday... Think it was C Mac Cardie who had one. It's now 1 pm and I've only done 2,800 steps, which is not very good. It included my half hour cycling too! Will have to do a long walk but will never get to the 10,000 'active' level. Figure I've been way worse than this for the past couple of years. It's good to keep track. Who does 10,000 when you an 8-hour desk job. Don't worry about the charity shop...non profits are notoriously badly organized and will get to you when they need someone. who wouldn't want lovely you to boost sales? Xxxx
 
Haha Vicki, you haven't seen me, They might think I will scare away the customers with my ugly mug :rotfl:

I'm pleased to hear you will be sticking around, I need to know how you are getting on :) The pedometer is a great idea, even if you don't take that many steps I think it encourages you to do a few more like my walk my dog app, I want to go a little further every day. I don't know if I even do 10000, might get my pedometer out too....see what Cardie has started.lol.
 
Hi Vicki, & Anniepops

You know it is good to have goals, they tell me... I think that 10,000 steps program has been popular for a while now. I like the pedometer because I am not a numbers/dimensions girls -- I don't have an innate feel for how far a mile is or how long 10 feet is, and the pedometer can measure that for me and then I get a better sense of those distances.

Don't get obsessed with it, at least not to the point that you beat yourself up for lack of steps because then you'll just want to drive the car over the pedometer -- or maybe that's just me...

Vicki, I can give you a dog to walk if that would help! Well, it might help me -- as the other day he was dashing for the door to go out and I couldn't manage to get out of the way, we collided and he punctured the top of my foot with his gigantic dog claw! Then yesterday he had diarrhea in two places indoors because there was a thunder storm in the wee hours of the morning. Today he has killed a squirrel and I just saw him outdoors eating the dang thing -- blasted beast!! :puppysmooze: Wishing there weren't cat allergies in my household!!

Take care,
Cardie
 
C Mac Blimey Cardie, what sort of dog is that? Must be a big fella. Hope your foot is OK. Yesterday I had a fight with my mother which put out for the rest of the day, so I didn't exercise much. Today I am almost at 8,000 and still have a walk to do, so that's encouraging. I just want to hit it once and see if I can do it without exhausting myself. But you're right, I may get sick of it. And I am more of a 'slam it against the wall' person than run it over with the car... I have absolutely zero patience.
 
C Mac Cardie, I was cruising here incognito and had to sign in as I was laughing too much not to respond. I have three cats-- have you not been following their adventures here and there? They catch and eat squirrels, moles (huge!), voles (tiny), birds (all sizes), rats (young ones anyway), cicadas, butterflies, house flies, and probably snakes. They would like to eat possums and raccoons. Often they bring their prey in the house and I have to corral them and send them out. Cats are worse than dogs in this respect, I firmly believe. Also there is the litter box to consider... the after effects of a week-long binge on the carrion under the deck are quite something. Stick with your dog says I. heh heh
 
zauberflöte I converted my 2 to indoor last year. They were not happy but the other wildlife thank me every day.
 
Hi Vicki & Chris zauberflöte

Yes, you ladies are correct on the cats as preditors. I had kinda forgotten about that since it's been a million years since I had a cat. Although, actually, we had a "temporary" cat a few years ago and he found a rabbit's nest in the yard and each night he'd collect a baby from it and kill it off. Those tiny things had the most horrible scream...

I left the big beast outdoors for most of the day yesterday and he eventually threw up the squirrel business wrapped in a pile of grass -- ACK!! I still haven't convinced my husband to go and clean that up!

Vicki, I am sorry that you had a fight with your mom and hope that things will all work out soon. I don't have a mom here any longer and there have been many times when I've really needed one in the past couple years!!

Oh, me too on the "slam it against the wall" -- no doubt!! Did you make it to your goal??? I did a little 1.21 mile walk yesterday, I keep my tiny machine on the mileage vs. steps setting. I was surprised because I'd just walked up the road to look at a little park project and hadn't imagined I'd gone that far. I did walk in a couple of circles trying to find some vernal pools in the park though and guess that added up...

Take care,
Cardie
 
I have a pedometer app on my iPhone for when I go Nordic walking.. It chats to me all the walk...

'You have achieved 30% of your goal'

'You have used 50 calories'

'Your walking speed is 4 k/hr'

Then the days I don't get to walk, it sends me a message which says 'pedometer is missing a walk! '

It even has a special Nordic Walking tab and gives appropriate stats for NW... pretty cool !
 
Poppet Could you tell me the name of the app? I told my husband and he wants one.
 
I have a similar app called "RunKeeper". It allows you to set it up for running, cycling, mountain biking, walking, hiking, downhill skiing, XC skiing, snowboarding, skating, swimming, wheelchair, rowing, elliptical and "other". Not sure how it does the tracking on elliptical. I have only tried the walking setup, but will try the hiking one on my next hike. Poppet I am interested to hear about yours as well.
 
My pedo is from Walmart and maybe that is my whole d@mn problem -- I need a sophisticated tiny machine so that I can do things like cycle, bike, ski, skate, swim & row!!! Why wasn't I told of this??? :rofsign: Cardie
 
A good pedometer can be hard to find. I usually recommend the Omron GoSmart to people who want a pedometer. Lately, it seems like most people would rather use an app like Map My Fitness.
 
Vida Vickie--Oh I read too fast-- I'm sorry about fighting with your mother... bummer, and I hope you patch it up soon! :) If I converted my three cats to indoors, we'd have one female spraying territory (STINKS) and 2 males ditto, almost scentless to a human, but just as messy. And they're all neutered so imagine what it would be if they weren't! And of course not to mention the endless fights-- no amount of Feliway can control these animals, I need a cat whisperer. LOL
C Mac Cardie oh we go through that rabbit nest thing every dang spring. The youngest hunters just turned 9, so I'm hoping they'll give it up soon-- the 12 yr old has, pretty much.
Poppet don't you ever want to throw the thing at the wall? machines that talk to me, I ain't ready for that one yet. LOL
 
Vicki, well done on the steps, you are doing brilliantly, I keep forgetting to hunt out my pedometer, mind, it was a freebie so probs isn't the best thing but I am sure it will still do the job.

Sorry you had a bit of a fight with your Mam, hope it is all back to normal now :)

Cardie C Mac hope your foot is okay now and the pooch...yucky that he ate a squirrel, how awful is that!! Mine only try to eat toads but don't get very far as they get scared when they hop off. The cat and the rabbit babies story is sad, I would hate to have to listen to the squeals of the baby rabbit. I wouldn't know when I had walked a mile either, I am useless at that type of thing so it was great to get the app for my phone.

Take care ladies
Xxx
 
zauberflöte... lol, must admit the goals I have set on it are low, so it is a false set of figures anyway... It just makes me feel good.. Fun thing more than anything :)
 
I have been using the Fitbit pedometer, it syncs online. I haven't made the 10,000 steps yet, but made it to 9,557 yesterday . Wanted to keep walking as I was so close, but my head took overandI went to sleep.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom