Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the needle info. Not something, I know anything at all about. And I promise I will not let go of the "dart". :)
 
I had the injections for 30 days not wonderful but certainly not the trauma I expected. The nurse who showed me how to do it joked I could play join the dots after I had done a few:rolleyes:
 
Branluc I'm thinking of you all the time, I think you are a trooper and doing great considering what you have been through. Keep it up, if you are still in pain tell them. That is how I have stayed ahead of the pain take it when I'm suppose to whether in pain or not.
 
Hello dear Branluc I have just read your story and feel so badly for you! But thank goodness they diagnosed you quickly and you're back "on the other side" again. The advice you've gotten from these lovely people is so true, especially about taking your meds and not letting yourself be in pain. And if you're feeling anxious, ask for that Xanax, too. It also helps take the edge off of the pain.
You'll see, after these first few days, you'll find yourself coming around and feeling better. Just concentrate on taking care of yourself for now, and leave the wondering and worrying behind.
We're all rooting for you and sending all good wishes your way.

That was a lovely virtual bouquet you received, by the way. How sweet!
 
Great news! You'll feel much better being in your own home. Just be careful, rest, take care of that leg with lots of ice and elevation, and don't let the pain take over. Hope you have someone with you at home now. Good luck.:)

A member named TeeEm had a trochanter fracture that was just wired during her replacement. Maybe you two can chat and keep each other company when you feel up to it.
 
Hi Branluc Just been reading your thread ! What an awful thing to happen three weeks post-op :sad: Mine happened in theatre, but although its not something I wanted to happen, these things do and I can live with it, because I havent got that bone-on-bone pain anymore which I am grateful for :yay:
 
Thanks and agreed. Almost home. Afraid of the stairs but hopefully it will go well. Keep u posted.
 
You will be fine with the stairs, take your time. Is someone helping you in? X
 
Great news thar you're on your way home. I hope you have some good rest, hospitals can be so noisy. :)
 
Glad you made ithome, things will get better and you will be simply amazed at what you can do and all the trouble you can get into with weightbearing restrictions:) Take your meds and you will get less pain in time
 
Branluc, I am so sorry to hear your news, my heart goes out to you! I can only imagine how you must feel but please don't dwell on it, the worst is now over so time to look ahead. Please keep in touch, I'm thinking of you! :)
 
Made it to bed . Feeling anxious . Every little pull or tug scares the Bejesus out of me. I can't forget what the feeling was on Monday when my femur cracked. I'm so afraid to move and so afraid it will happen again. I'm sure it's normal but I'm not enjoying feeling like this. Any one with a femur fracture after surgery have any advice for a nervous by nature person going through this?
 
I'm glad you made it home and into bed safely. I think I would be extra cautious too. Maybe just take things carefully until your confidence returns.
Maybe Josephine can offer some advice?
Take care
Ally
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom