Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good news. Glad to hear you are not pushing it, just do what you can and then rest up.
 
My surgery partner Branluc that is definate good news, I knew you had it in you to march onward. You are doing so well, so proud of you "YOU GO GIRL". :goodpost:
 
Thanks everyone. It's an on going challenge but one that I will get through . Apprehension still exists but getting better. Thanks liveringer . I'm marching on. It's still so unbeleivable that just a week ago I had no idea I would be facing a second surgery. You never know what lies ahead. That being said, I guess I have accomplished a lot in a very short time
 
Branluc, I am trying to catch up with your news, what is the second surgery... Have I missed something here, if so I apologise, but I am interested :)
 
Well here goes. Had a total left hip replacement on march 28th. All went well. Approx4 days later took a step , felt something odd, like a crunch followed by a sharp pain. Got in bed , elevated it and iced it. Felt better but not better than before that episode . On Monday the 8th took 3 steps with my cane , another crunch and a pain so severe it took my breath away , literally. Called the dr. Asked that i come in the next day for an X-ray. I live an hour and a half from my dr and it was already afternoon at this point so it had to wait. They took an X-ray and then informed me that my femur was broken/cracked. I had my second surgery last Thursday. They removed the first stem and replaced it with a longer one and wrapped the bone with titanium cable. Just a reminder I had put surgery off for over 10 years due to fear. Ended up with 2 surgeries in 2 weeks. Almost a cruel joke, and still unbelievable but moving forward. Thanks
 
branluc it sounds like you are headed in the right direction now!
wishing you continued success with the recovery!
 
Branluc... I am so sorry, but we will help your through this..

I hear you about putting the surgery off for years, I did the same for 8 years, and had complications as my signature block indicates.

Yes, moving forward is all we can do, being in the moment... Hugs from Australia
 
And they will just keep coming your way... :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Branluc has moved over!
for healing are being sent your way, Branluc. We want to keep that forward momentum going for you. Stay as positive as you can---it does help. You've got an extra challenge, but you can handle it.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Branluc has moved over!
 
Branluc, you are sounding a little bit more positive. I hope things are getting better for you.
Ally
 
Thanks all!!! Slow but sure. I need to buiłd up a little more confidence and hopefully graduate to the cane. Because both of my incidents happened while walking with the cane I'm taking it very slow. PT is coming shortly so hopefully she can help me through this. Keep you posted.
 
Having had a fracture also, every little bit counts. Listen to your body and walk as much as you can, it will help start restoring muscle strength . Can't believe you have no weightbearing restrictions . I was 50% for 8 weeks.
 
In regards to the weight bearing, on Monday when the pt came I told her what (I thought) the dr had said about it and she was equally as surprised. So then considering all the meds I'm on perhaps I misunderstood him. She called to confirm and it is indeed 100% . I'm not all the way there but I am using it more an more putting more weight on it daily .
 
Branluc, it's great that you can bear weight. That's probably the hardest restriction for those who aren't allowed, even in a completely uneventful recovery. You have endured enough; it's time for everything to be uneventful from here on.

Sharon
 
Glad you're doing better, Branluc, especially your outlook. It's so helpful not to get too down! I can't blame you for feeling apprehensive, though. But we all just have to go with what's going on and try to recover the best we can, just like you're doing. Baby steps at first...

Did I read someplace that you're from Conn?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom