Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Happy Thanksgiving @Berber7227
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Gooble gooble to you too.:rotfl:
Wait til you get off the big meds and look back at your posts.
Mine were a stack of typos and auto-correct catastrophes.

Had lightening bolts down both legs last night. This morning, both heals are painful. Turkey reaction??

Maybe turkey and that little surgical procedure you had on both hips 9 days ago! I found weird shots and pains happened, especially first couple of weeks as everything started waking up. Heels can come from laying in bed and if you are pushing yourself up in bed with them. lotion on them may help feel better.

Yep, lightening bolts...had them....holly prickles later on....all normal.
You are one tough chick. As I was once told, bilateral isn't for wimps (although I was pretty wimpy)

Last edited:
It's Totally The Turkey! I like that :heehee:
Also Mojo's Holly prickles since ''tis the season" how timely of her!
I recall those weird sensations, there are many. They seem to come and go,
one day here, the next day there. How is the escape plan for today coming along?
Wishing you a great weekend whether it be at mom's or home :flwrysmile:

@Berber7227 Odd prickles, twinges, aches, etc are par for the course! Considering what your hips and all the muscles around them (and down your legs and every thing is connected to everything else) be glad there isn't more of the weird sensations! These too will pass. And yes the heel thing - I think that too is pretty normal - but of course that turkey played a significant part too :snork:

No escape this weekend! Dr office closed, so no med refills until Monday. Can just make it, if careful. Bandages are now off. Need to take it easy until Monday!

I like that you're there. It's safe. Especially if you're going to be alone once you leave.
Being only one week out of a major surgery (bi-lateral no less) and getting TLC
at moms is a good thing unless she's trying to get you to run laps, climb ladders or do jumping jacks :yikes:
Then I'd say RUN...if you could...but ha-ha you can't! Oh my, what a brat I am!

Mom wants me doing laps, and on 2 canes. Visiting nurse said another week of sitting!!Then full steam ahead!!!

A couple of more days of rest can make a big difference. And since I think you said you live out in the country, better to have a refill on meds before you go out there. Too ironic that your name is Holly!

Honestly, you are doing well ....super star Holly.:thumb:

One thing that has me concerned. This AM noticed swelling under left jaw. Very sore! Visiting nurse thought it may be pulled muscle?

Under your jaw...pulled muscle?
Not swollen gland?
Don't know about how you pull that muscle....hmmmm.

She thought I was staining while sitting up! Will contact PCP, Monday morning. Am I the only one to have things go funky on weekends and holidays?!?

@Berber7227 Nope weekends are the prime time for things to go wonky! Sigh and of course docs are not on duty and some places are closed. I do like my HMO though as they have 24/7 advice nurses and back up coverage for all doctors. Sure hope you can get some answers on Monday!

Don't know about the swelling under the jaw - that does sound odd. I had a day or two of hoarse voice and mild sore throat that came up a week or so after my BTHR that my home health nurse and later the surgeon said was probably related to having had a breathing tube down my throat during surgery - and/or snoring cuz I was having to sleep on my back post surgery. Hopefully there is an easy and benign answer to your situation!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom