Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Oh, I hope not.
Although I am not sure how they get a definitive diagnosis of that.
Almost seems like when they have have exhausted anything else they think it can be. Do they think a nerve is damaged?
I hope you have the weekend off and are able to get some relief from the pain!:console2:
 
Both legs. There is no treatment plan. Just take it one day at a time.....
 
Been off work since Wed. Go back Sun. Need to eat.
 
Just put me on steroids. God I hate them. Anything to get better.
 
Eat, Eat, you need to Eat :yes:

I'm so sorry. This has been a long journey with lots of twists and turns for you.
Hopefully they offer you options that bring some relief.
Stay in touch, it's been nice hearing from you again @Berber7227
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
 
Last edited:
I'm sure BS' filter would change what I really want to say, so I'll just say I feel for you and want you better!

CRPS almost sounds like fibromyalgia. My mom's flared up after each of her knee replacements but I don't remember anyone mentioning CRPS.

I'm sure I can't offer any advice on treatment or meds, but I can offer you friendship and support! Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way!
 
Wishing you a good day as you head back to work.
I hope you're not in too much pain.
Hang in there, hopefully the meds bring you some much deserved relief.
@Berber7227
 
Hi Berber.
Hope that you've been able to get some relief from pain.
I really hate you are having to deal with this.
Thinking of you and wishing you a better day!
 
Finally feeling a bit better... hate steroids.....
 
What great news! I hope it sticks.
Stay in touch and let us know. It would be nice to hear whether it continues to bring you relief.
I want to hear about your holiday gift preparing escapades again this season.
You kept me laughing last season with your one liners. :heehee: I hope you have a great rest of the week!
@Berber7227
 
No holiday spirit this year. Back to the grind of working 60 hours a week. The fun part of working for a mail order company. Legs still painful, steroid cloud is lifting. I am at the point, where I just have to realize, this as good as it gets, and live with the pain.
 
What?!!! Brother isn't getting any drained and booze infused chocolate covered cherries this Christmas?
Not wrapping yarn on the little sheep? C'mon, Berber, we need to get you better so you can get in the spirit, there's still time. :yes:

Sixty hrs a week? That's insane. I wish you wouldn't give up hope. I understand it's been a year, but it's only been a year. You could always touch base with, Josephine again, but I'll leave that choice up to you.
All I can do is wish you comfort and relief.
I hope today is a good one!
@Berber7227
 
Oh my stars, Berber. Those are such long hours...
I am glad you found some relief from the steroids but I'm with you on "not a fan of prednisone"
It mmakes me anxious, jumpy and short tempered along with making my skin crawl.
Hope things ease for you.
Will pray things get better :praying:
 
Put me on neurontin. I was so dizzy, I had to crawl up the stairs to bed. Lowered dose, legs were better, but felt like I was living in a cloud. Detoxed from all drugs this weekend. Now have an ulcer from Advil and Tylenol. Is there any one else with soft tissue or nerve damage. Need ideas to try. DESPERATE!
 
Aww, Berber, I'm so very sorry.
You just passed your one year anniversary and I'd wish you a Happy Anniversary, but I know it's not.
Your experience sounds so awful. It's heartbreaking. Now an ulcer on top of it all. It's unfair.
Please let me know if you'd like us to tag Josephine to see if she has any advice for you.
I'll leave the decision up to you...
Wishing you comfort and wellness.
@Berber7227
 
Oh I was so hoping that had some pain management protocol that was working for you.

My sister takes turmeric for diabetic nerve pain and also uses some topical creams with capsaicin.

I really hate you are hurting and dealing with horrid side effects.
Does your doctor know how bad the side effects from your meds have been?
Will be praying for relief for you, Berber.:praying:
 
How long did you take the neurontin? My internist put me on it for something else last summer and I had to slowly increase the dose from 100mg a day up to 900 MG per day in 3 doses. At first it created that muzzy feeling and a lot of tiredness (not just sleepiness).

I quit taking it when I had a bad vertigo attack and thought it was from the med. When the vertigo didn't go away when I stopped, I realized it wasn't the neurontin/gabapentin. Since the new med wasn't helping like the gaba, I decided to give the gaba another try.

The side effects weren't as bad the second time around. After a few weeks, the side effects improved so much and now I don't notice them.

Especially if it's helping, give the neurontin another try!
 
I started on 300 mg once a day. Then was 2 weeks on 100mg once a day. Never got rid of the foggy head. I was either sleeping or working. Did not dare to drive far.....
 
Did you take the one dose at night? It was probably about 3 weeks out before I could add a daytime dose. Then I stopped for about 3 weeks. Less of an issue when I started back. Definitely extra caffeine in the mornings those first few weeks, though.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom