TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

. Other than my fellow Bonesmarties, DH is the only person that knows the true score. I dunno how he can stand me, lol.

I have this thought quite often. Poor, poor DH! He puts up with the pits and valleys and then, yesterday, he gives me a birthday card that says, "The last 28 years together have been the best of my life. I hope we have another 28 birthdays to celebrate together." What a sweet, tolerant man! He's not so strong at math, though. We've been married 18 years, not 28! (Perhaps the past 3 months have felt like 10 years??). :rotfl: Or maybe the emoticon should be this?! :bawl:

@Polkadot, what a lovely image and a great reminder that there really will be a "rainbow at the end of this recovery storm." Thanks for that.:SUNsmile: I am in a better frame of mind so far....and on my way out for a walk in the woods. The greenery is always healing for me and provides a natural head-adjustment.

@kmak81230, thanks, and I hope things are also brighter for you today! If not, you know where to vent!:yes!:

Choking on my English Muffin! Oh Polkadot, you always get me at the least expected moments; brilliant!

I'm so glad you had people around to hold your hands and give you support, and some laughs, last night. How can we not get fed up with our knees, and the changes they force upon us. Of course we did force changes on them first--needed changes!--but still... a little mercy, please? I've gotten cross with Lefty, for sure. Just get better already, and that kind of thing. It's good to hear you're in a better frame of mind this morning. Yes, nature is the great healer! I love walking around my neighborhood. It's green and pretty, and doing so centers me.

:rofsign:@Polkadot - best laugh of the day - perhaps the week! Our spouses see the best and worst in us - I feel like it's been a lot of "worst' over the past many months. My DW is so glad I have BS as my overall outlook on this recovery has improved since I joined the forum - despite the bad days here and there. I hope to try a little bike ride today on my townie bike.

Being knee-centric showed its ugly side at wedding party yesterday: nephew's wife asked: "how are you feeling now?" I honestly thought she meant my knee. She had no idea about my TKR. (nephew had not told her) She had meant 'now that your daughter had decided to marry'.
LOL.

Oh Pheebs, I wasn't really on yesterday as I was in my own funk...I'm sorry you had a bad rabbit hole day! I feel like I have had my share of negativity in my posts and have really worked hard at trying to be positive. That being said after my MUA I have had some amazing progress that I've reported. BUT the bottom line is this recovery :censored:!

I love this group cause it's okay and safe to say it like it is. I've tried not to post the negative things so much but even with my recent progress it's so hard. Yesterday I was actually sitting a good part of the day dealing with some major issues with my Mom's finances (like my brother bought his daughter a house with Mom's money). I was going through a year of bank statements, etc. My legs and feet hurt worse yesterday than on days that when I am up most of the day. I still sleep terrible and I'm terrified to go back to work next month.

What's great is we don't have to pretend. We all want to be better,positive and encouraging. Sometimes we just need to be encouraged. We know it does get better, it's just when is it! If it's ant consolation I do feel a difference in the numbness between the two knees. The first knee is just a little less numb! I'm glad today is a little better for you Pheebs! Come to Chattanooga we could have fun commiserating, but just have some fun!:loveshwr:

Pheebs, maybe it's that I am thinking about #2 so much, but I can say that at least 80% of the time I forget that #1 is not original. I just don't think about it anymore and she just does what she is supposed to. I feel really good about my 5 month old knee.

Glad today is better, @Pheebs52!:yes!: It seems as if @Polkadot may be more hazardous to you than tkr!:rotfl: This is multiple times that she has created a near choking! :yikes: probably best to establish some sort of no eating or drinking policy while reading posts, and please keep arms and legs inside the ride at all times!:loll:

Wait, @Pheebs52 went for a walk in the woods and has not returned!:sos: I shall start out on a search party, as I am not tooo far away. :hiking: I hope she did not find another rabbit hole.:sad: Perhaps she found a lovely pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and has gone to purchase several more rockers for variety?:fingersx:

You guys are killing me....softly, of course, in the best possible way! :heehee:

@Fire wolf, does dribbling my tea count as an equivalent to choking? I know it's not life-threatening, but still...it has merit, don't you think? @Polkadot is my other *twin*, so we just share that same kind of "Far Side," humor. And art. And love of beaches. And the slow-knees as well. Just enjoy the dribble, ok?

Becky, maybe I should just move to Chatt-town for retirement? I really wish you'd respond properly to all the "Special Sleeping Pixie Dust," I've sent your way. I wonder if it was a bad batch? I'll put together something new tomorrow, ok? So, that WAS you in the rabbit-warren yesterday, between Gertie and I? I suspected, but wasn't certain.

@rubyyarn, I think this is going viral, like "Gangnam Style.." I'm sure of it. Get ready, ok? You'll be starring in the video.

@kmak81230, I think becoming Supremo once again has restored my spirits more than anything else could possibly have done. *Looking for Missing Crown*

@SusieShoes, yes, "Just get better already," sums it up perfectly!" As always, you hit the nail right on the head.:SUNsmile:

@sandi4213, be prepared, 'cuz I'm gonna hold you to this "5 month miracle recovery," lol! This means I *only* have two months left of negative knee awareness, right? Just 8 L-o-n-g weeks, a piddling 56 days.....and then...I'll be...er... normal? Hahahahaha!:rotfl:

Well, the good news is, I had a great day, though it was made very clear to me that the ENERGY DRAIN is still a big factor. Yep, I had a 2.5 hour nap after our hour walk in the woods followed by a 15 minute quick trip into a food co-op. This was the longest outdoor walk I've taken, and it was all on rough trails, up and down hill, with acorns falling down. I was beaned once; hah! FWIW, acorns are really slippery; yikes! Just as we reached the parking area, my knee announce *enough!* The knee and quad began to develop that " Hey, we're really inflatable devices," sensation and it was a huge relief to sit in the car. When we got home, it was "Knees Up Mother Brown," with ice, of course. That was before the marathon nap. After the nap, it was, " It's Crying Time Again,"...well...sort of, but not quite. Just sore, not severe pain. Just....uncomfortable. What else is new, right?" Yeah. But none of this matters because....I had FUN! And so did DH. Win/Win!:heehee:

Oh, and in addition to my regular Tylenol routine, I did pop an Aleve. I think it helped quite a bit, though I know it's not recommended for a variety of solid reasons. :whistle:

Sounds like a splendid day . . .if you are going to have a little swelling and soreness might as well have some fun ahead of it. Acorns in the woods, sounds divine . . . I miss the woods, and the beach and the feeling of a pain-free knee :loll:. I've been known to pop an Aleve now and then over the past many weeks. Whatever works, in moderation of course.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back