Guest viewing is limited

TKR Almost Two Years Post Op and Still Struggling and Searching for Answers

@Jockette BUT- (pretending I am the doctor and all other people doing great) If I healed well that should be no problem. It does seem like a lot doesn't it? Clearly his assistant thinks I have issues.
 
! I just pound the pavement and do lots of stairs all day long...... So I think I might have earned that pain
Do you need to do so much? Can you take it easier for a few days and see if it helps?
Good luck with the injection for your SI .
Hope it helps.
 
Clearly his assistant thinks I have issues.
That’s something, but does the surgeon think you have issues?

I had my PKR 9 and a half years ago. I’ve had problems with it the whole time. Three second opinions took standard X-rays and found nothing wrong, therefore offered me no help. Recently I googled a question which became a long discussion with AI. AI validated every symptom I told it, and told me what was physically happening when I had each symptom. It recommended several complex revisions surgeons in my general area. I have an appointment next week with one of them. I have a lot more knowledge and confidence now going into this appointment, and new and worsening symptoms since the last appointment almost 4 years ago. I’m a bit angry that it took a machine to listen me, where a total of 4 surgeons did not. I also now know what specific advanced tests to ask for. I honestly don’t see how this complex revision surgeon can not offer me a conversion to a TKR. In general I haven’t been a fan of AI discussions, but this one sure did give me valuable information about my knee.
 
Hi Readabook,
I am really sorry you're still struggling as you near two years post op next month. I can only imagine how discouraging and exhausting it must feel, when you obviously expected to be pain free by now. The injection and testing sounded intense, especially having to push against pressure while your leg was extended. It had to be encouraging though for the surgeon to confirm all areas were firing. :thumb: I hope you're able to be gentle with yourself and remember that recovery isn't always a straight line. Your body needs more time, more answers and an extra dose of patience. I hope the injection gives your SI joint some relief and slowly your body can settle. Keep holding onto the small signs of progress even when it feels overwhelming, taking one day at a time. Many do notice improvement in their second and even third years and hopefully you will too. Here for you always!
@Readabook
 
Are you interested in changing your thread title since it's dated and you are beyond 19 months post op currently?
We can update the 19 months to 23 months, since you're almost there, or change the title completely in an effort to draw in more responses.

As an example:
Almost Two Years Post Op and Still Struggling and Searching for Answers
OR any title off your choosing...
@Readabook
 
@Jockette so sorry- And I just experimented with chatgpt and it is crazy! My xrays are perfect as well. I am a rockstar in exams. But don't you think the test I shared was kind of a lot? I will look back at your story line to see your experiences. Thanks so much.
@Layla THank-you! My body is a little stressed with this injection, but hopefully settles. I guess it was encouraging that all soft tissue was firing, until the aftermath!!
 
We can try what I suggested, but if you decide on something else, just let us know, its' a quick and easy edit.
Wishing you a great day! :SUNsmile:
 
And I just experimented with chatgpt and it is crazy!
I didn’t use ChatGPT, I just did a “google” search using Safari on my iPad. I don’t know if it’s the same thing. Most of these Safari searches seem to be in an AI form where it’s actually a conversation. I asked questions, and so did the AI. It was very informative.
 
Back
Top Bottom