TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

@Pheebs52 so good to hear from you. I’m so glad that you’re doing so well, even with that awful fall. I’m recovering from my second replacement, almost 4 weeks ago. While I’ve missed reading your posts this time around, I assumed that you were doing well and just getting on with life. I’m glad that I was correct in that assumption. I hope you will enjoy your new retirement home.
 
Yes @karenalberstone - the stiffness gets better. I still get it after standing in one place for a long period of time, but the annoying stiffness after sitting or being in bed overnight has gone away.
 
Such an encouraging 8 month report, my Twin! I'm especially glad that you are willing to get out there and do the research on how the knee will hold up under various conditions. That way, I can experience it vicariously from a safe spot! New learning: I won't be purchasing any Uggs for a while.

What is your next "experiment" going to be? I think a study on cross-country skiing at the N Pole, as @kmak81230 mentioned, would be a great way to further test the strength of the implant--or instead, maybe you would like to hop on a plane today and visit me in Michigan, where we currently have more than 12" of the white stuff, with some still falling? I'm sure we could set up a ski experiment here.

In all seriousness, though, I am so glad that your implant is strong and that the damage to the surrounding tissues doesn't appear to be permanent. With these accidental MWAs that you've had, you really do shine a light for the rest of us on a topic about which none of us wants to be a subject, but about which all of us wonder--slipping, falling, and other oops! moments--Will we survive? Will we make it through? Your research seems to indicate yes.
 
What a good report, that is, except for your fall. I'm so glad your implant wasn't harmed. I can relate to your soft tissues hurting! That will take a while to get back to normal. But, other than that little mishap, your recovery is great. Look at that bend! Yahoo!
 
I’m sorry about your fall. I’m still very cautious on ice or snow for that reason. But other than that what a great report!
 
Your fall sounds scary, but you handled it with your usual aplomb. :tada: It takes a lot to ruffle you. Trust the knee, right? By the sound of it, you have reached the best part of recovery. Hope your retirement abode is all you hoped it would be!
 
Hiya, Pheebs!

So glad to hear from you! Sounds like you are moving right along with life. Enjoy retirement, it is a wonderful time :) :-) (:

I cringed hearing about your fall. Nothing worse than imagining the whole business undone in an instant. It is reassuring to see a demonstration of the strength of these new knees. They seem to be stronger than the old ones.

Kneerah!
 
what a wonderful 8 month report Pheebs52, other than that fall. thank goodness the implant did it's job and you are healing. thanks for the warning about Uggs. i've been wearing my Kamik rubber boots all winter, even in the cold weather and they have been great.

your flexion at 130 degrees is fantastic and will get you to wherever you want to be. wishing you all the luck with your move. it will be great to start off fresh again, be clutter free, and newly organized so you can get out there and enjoy life. try not to overdo it and take some time for yourself.:friends:
 
Ugh to the fall that was caused by the Uggs. So glad your recovery had taken you to the "I don't think much about my knee" place. You are so right that the implant is a strong animal- I discovered that in my own fall before Christmas -- and that the soft tissues are less forgiving. If it weren't so doggone cold (even here in sunny California) - I would look forward to having an icing party with you. Well, heck, we can toast to our strong implants regardless of the weather. :cheers:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom