TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Black clouds be banished! I'm huffing and puffing......are they gone yet? You can lean on us!
 
Thanks all, you're the best! Keep puffing, 'cuz nothing has improved yet. Late day, out of the blue, for no particular reason, I just fell into the rabbit hole of "I'm really tired of dealing with this knee." I want it to stop...just go away. I'd like just a week with a normal knee for a change of pace, ya know? There's been no progress this week, if anything a backslide. I know that's how this works, but...that doesn't seem to help. It's tight, stiff, swollen and somewhat achy. It still feels totally mechanical.....unnatural. And heavy. I'm sick of the numb side and sick of the sore, sunburny side. I'd like to swap sides for a change; that would be lovely. I'm so tired of icing and elevating, icing and elevating, into infinity, with no apparent changes. If icing and elevating worked, I'd feel more content, but honestly, I see no effect whatsoever unless I've been in the ODIC. I haven't been there, so this is just another typical day at the Bionic Knee Ranch; pffft.

Ok, rant over...howz dat?
 
Oh, and did I say my quad still wobbles at least 3x a week when walking? It does. Pffft!
 
@Pheebs52, I certainly feel for you, and really wish that I could wave my magic wand and make things better. Alas, wand is in the shop for repairs, and I am told that the wizard in charge of wand repair had a tkr and will be out for awhile, so I don't think that I will be getting it back anytime soon. :gaah: I have times like you describe quite frequently, just so over it. I have had numbness on the lateral side of knee since my meniscal allograft transplant in 2014, and have sadly become accustomed to it, although now it is warm, swollen and numb. There is an area on my knee that has been swollen for almost a year, and I wonder if it will ever go away.:shrug:
I can't tell you when things will get better, but I firmly believe that they will, for you, for me, and for everyone else suffering through this ridiculous journey. The good thing is you don't have to go it alone! :console2: There are so many people here who clearly care about you a great deal, as I am sure you have many more in real life, so to speak. :) So for now, we will just hang with you at the ranch and throw you a few lines to help you get out of the hole!:realing: Hopefully you sleep well and tomorrow brings a better day! :sleeep:
 
Oh, and I am working on rigging up an industrial fan to help blow those clouds! I started to get way too lightheaded with all of the blowing! :swoon:
 
I have pain in my quads today and I slept most of the day! No rhyme or reason to any of this!:tantrum2:
 
Make the lines a double @Fire wolf! TG for all the other TKR's here who KNOW exactly what we are all going through, eh? Honestly? I try not to bore the people in *real-life* too much with the specifics of recovery. For one, I don't want unsolicited advice, lol. Two, this has just been going on for too long. I don't want to be THAT person that no one wants to sit near; hah! I'm fortunate to have several R.N.'s in the family and as friends, and they get it more than most, but even they have limits and their own health issues. One of them has an arthritic knee but hasn't gone for TKR yet. I think she's been put off by my recovery, so now I'm just trying to share my little victories with her. Other than my fellow Bonesmarties, DH is the only person that knows the true score. I dunno how he can stand me, lol.
 
Right you are on *no rhyme or reason*, certainly none we can necessarily see. As for the wobble, well, I don't think it *should* still be doing this? Obviously, I'm wrong, but it's disconcerting.
 
The pain in your quads is much more understandable, (at least to me,) given all you've been doing work-wise! I don't have much pain at all, phew, but a whole heap of miserable, petty complaints; pffft! I don't particularly like this version of myself, so she'd better be gone in the morning!
 
Oh, and ditto on the numb area. Mine's been numb since my arthroscopic surgery in March and was still that way going in for TKR 2 months later. And, here we are, even more numb! I wish I could say I was used to it, but...I am not. I find it quite annoying.
 
Hmmm, perhaps bc DH loves you? Maybe that is the reason? Just saying!:eyebrows: I do understand about not wanting unsolicited advice, although at this point I would take the unsolicited advice just to have someone to talk to about all or some of this! I don't know what this *friends* thing is that you speak of!:scratch: In any case, that is why you have us to talk... Hmmm.... I mean write to!:wave: I am neither doctor, nurse, nor medicine man (woman), so I don't know if the wobble us normal or not, but my guess is that it is as the muscles have a lot of strength to regain. And that will take...... wait for it..... wait for it...... the dreaded t word --- time:headbang:
 
Just because I am used to the numb area doesn't mean that I like it! :bignono: I would like for it to go along it's merry little way and take the swelling with it!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom