TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Great three month report - though the print looks the same in terms of real estate I think the accomplishments far outweigh the challenges at this point. And you're right - while I don't have lovely ocean or Great Lakes beaches nearby, there are lovely woodsy places within a 30 minute drive out here - I need to get out of my cocoon!
 
@Pheebs52, I have worn leggings to bed--exclusively for about the first 6 weeks, and then whenever the burny feeling is driving me bonkers. However, they are not tight leggings, plus they have seams that get twisted around over the irritated part of the leg. The relief they give me can sometimes turn to :hissy:. I have liked generally how the leggings worked for me. I'm game to getting a tighter pair, and I'll look for some with NO seams--I'll let you know the results. Heck, one can always use a new pair of leggings, right? :yes!:

@kmak81230 , I'm starting to think that it would be wonderful if our cocoons were closer together! Wouldn't it be wonderful if a bunch of us could make a date to meet and walk through nature?!? We would probably scare away the wildlife, but it would be so worth it. :loveshwr:
 
I just ordered a compression sleeve @Polkadot - wondering if it will helping with some swelling during the day and/or provide a little relief at night. We'll see. And yes, I think it would be great if we could all meet at a rehab camp like @VW54 with scenic, woodsy walks, knee war story sharing and scar comparing, massages, whirlpools, healthy dinners with lots of wine and fabulous desserts, etc . . . I do know that I am secretly hoping that those of us who have to have #2 done at some point will have it done around the same time so that we can recover together . . . . (though I am far from wanting to experience this again anytime soon).
 
We would probably scare away the wildlife, but it would be so worth it. :loveshwr:

This part leads me to derail this thread to ask those of you with pets: do you think they can hear the clicking/ clonking?
 
Perhaps we can have a destination meet-up somewhere that's central with easy, airport access? Wouldn't that be a hoot? Yeah it would! This is such a great group, so, of course, I feel just as my other twin, @kmak81230 does about when to have Number Two done, lol.

Nemo, the pug, likes to put his 15 pound head on my warm knee; ugh! Pheebs is not one to snuggle, she needs her personal space, lol, so no problem there. And yes, I'm certain they can hear it. After all, I'm hearing impaired and I can hear it, although I'm not always certain if I'm hearing it or feeling it, ya know? Either way, it's happening. I can click, clack and clunk with the best of us.

I should add one more item to my Good News list: I just purchased an exercise bike!
 
@Polkadot, seams would be a definite deal-killer with leggings; ugh! Buy a pair that's a size too small or very heavy on the Spandex factor. Another option is to buy a pair of Danskin tights. They're very thick and have slight compression, unlike the ones sold in drugstores or TJMaxx. You could go *wild* and buy a pair of 3/4 length, compression capris from Leonisa. I know your DH would...er...*appreciate* them, lol! They are pricey but very well made and comfortable. Fair warning though, they may lead to prolonged episodes of connubial bliss.:heehee:
@Thesoutherncook, Helen, thank you!:roseshwr: It's really made a great difference to me to have such a caring and fun group of Smarties to travel with on this bumpy, twisted Recovery Road. In so many respects, the mental and emotional aspects of this journey are the toughest. Even on my worst days, invariably, someone from this group will make me smile, choke, giggle or dribble. Chocolate, wine and Tylenol certainly have their place but attitude rules.:yes!:

@SusieShoes, I think all of us City Slickers have an innate paranoia, lol. It just comes with the territory. I know when I visit my brother in the wilds of VT, I can get paranoid over the intense quiet; positively unnerving! Plus it's soooo dark! Yikes!

@kmak81230, I'll be very interested to see how (or if?) the Compression Sleeve works for you! Is it comfortable?
Sheesh, you have to drive 30 minutes to find some woods? Here I am, in a totally urban setting, yet...the woods are just a stone's throw from here. A big woods! I've only been to Vail, so have no idea about the rest of your gorgeous state, but just assumed the woods were....everywhere! And no local lakes or ponds with walking trails or beaches? Hmmm, I'd find that rough, but, I have always lived close to water.
 
Chiming in about compression sleeves. Head on oveer to @Dzina's thread and follow our discussion. Most of us are having great success with sleeves.
 
Well, @Pheebs52, that comment is sending me right off this site to search for Leonisa! Thank you for the other tips, too. I went to two department stores in the mall after lunch and couldn't find anything.
 
Glad to see such a great report! :yes!: In terms of *real estate* in the post, that's because you elaborated more on the cons. If bullet pointed, pros is a way longer list! You are rocking and rolling!:yes!:
 
@Pheebs52 I totally understand what you mean about not knowing if you're hearing or feeling the clicking and clanking. My DH is hearing impaired so I can't really ask him.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom