Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

@Pheebs52, I am more than happy with a dribble, as I do not want to cause any potentially life threatening situations for anyone! The guilt would be so immense it might lead me to want to cut my leg off, in two spots!....... wait, been there done that, bought the tshirt, got the award, don't want to do it again! Ok, so I don't know what the guilt would lead me to do, but I don't want to find out!
Glad you found your way out of the woods, as I was able to cancel my one person search party just over the NY state border! Phew! Hopefully you have a restful and comfortable night's sleep!:sleep:
 
@kmak81230, if one *must* feel achy-breaky, it's far better to experience it post fun, right? Yes, it certainly is!

What, no woods or lake beaches in your part of Colorado?

@Fire wolf, I can assure you, I never would have made it as far the NY border with MA, lol. Not even pre-TKR! Not even on a bike, back in the day. Nope. The good part of this is, if I should become disoriented while out, the search party won't have to cover much ground.:snork:
 
The last couple of days my knee has been unusually achy. I had no idea why, but as I read about your frustrations, the answer came to me. This weekend I had a knit group on Saturday and today. My leg had not rebelled from being down in weeks. In all of the knitting and socializing, I realized that on both days my knee had been down for 4-5 hours each day (way more then usual). I was so excited to get back to doing the things I love without noticeable repercussions, but nope. @SusieShoes I think I did ask why aren't you better already. :tantrum:
 
@knit2dog, but....like me yesterday, at least you had some *normal* life FUN beforehand, right? :roseshwr:
 
Every weekend, my family gets together for games. We sit at the dining room table for HOURS playing board or card games, and my knees always get sore that night. It's the price I pay for having fun.
 
Me too: very, no:VERY achy knee today. Combo of dances onSaturday, coblestone touristy walk ( showing rellies nice places) on Sunday and rehab today incl 1 hour there and 1 hour back w metro. I ache like I did on week 3.
Qualified to re enter ODIC.:sad:
 
I think these NSAIDs are popular because they work...

Glad everyone got a little fun in this weekend :) :-) (:
 
THREE MONTHS TODAY!

Phew, no more counting weeks and losing track of them....counting months should be much easier.:happydance:

The Bad News: Some stiffness, some swelling, poor flexion, all exacerbated by too much of anything, including sitting! Still trying to find that "Fine Line," of balance in all activity and lack thereof; it's elusive, a moving target. Knee still feels mechanical and artificial with a fair amount of clunking and clicking. Often feels heavy. Still need to ice and elevate regularly, though not as often. Still heavily invested in Tylenol. Still dead as a doornail on lateral side of incision, still feels sunburned on medial side. The occasional appearance of a *ravioli*.

The Good News: Much more energetic! Can walk on woodsy trails for an hour! Can go downstairs in a slow, deliberate manner, foot-over-foot on most days! Pedaled a bike for 2 very slow and ouchy minutes a week ago! Morning wake-ups are much less stiff! The tight band sensation across the top of knee has almost vanished! Sleeping is back to a solid, uninterrupted 7-8 hours per night! No muscle spasms while driving! Can bring knee to chest while lying on back, yogi style! Fewer *cloudy* days, with more *sunny* days! Less brain-fog!

Now, without reading this at all, just looking at the visual presented here, it seems the Good and the Bad are equal in space. Therefore, my unprofessional and semi-creative conclusion is, I am 50% improved; hah! I've come a long way, baby!:wave:
 
Oh, and in addition to my regular Tylenol routine, I did pop an Aleve. I think it helped quite a bit, though I know it's not recommended for a variety of solid reasons. :whistle:

Did it help with the sunburny feeling at all? I'm considering trying it, too.
 
@Polkadot, no, it did not alleviate the sunburnt sensation, but I do feel it helped decrease post-walk swelling which led to more comfort in general. I believe the sunburnt sensation is a close cousin of the dead-zone; nerve stuff, but I could be wrong.:wink:
 
:goodpost:I could "ditto" much of what you reported. I guess that's one good/bad part of being twins, eh? That "fine line" is very hard for me, too. I loll around too much--my knee gets stiff, and my psyche takes a hit ("lazy-bum" syndrome! Plus, the "bum" surely aches--not a good side effect). I sit with my knees down or stand up without moving for too long, or the walk I take was a bit too much--my knee complains with aches and pains, and I have to break out that dratted ice. Some days it feels like you can't win for losing!

Then you started listing all the milestones you have had recently, and WOW! There's definite progress! I'm not quite as able on stairs as you are, and I am not yet getting a full night's rest (hence the Advil question), but, Lady--we have GOT to be happy with these very real signs that things are looking up!
I'm looking over a [Bonesmart.org] Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22 ...
 
@Polkadot, it's great to have a *twin* through good times and bad.:heehee: I may be more advanced on stairs than you, but you are light years ahead on the bike! And...you walked on sand, lol. I have not, despite a large beach just 1.5 miles from home. Color me paranoid!

@gertie, the walk was divine, and there are no negative after-effects at all this morning; yahoo!
 
@Polkadot, have you tried wearing very tight leggings to bed? I find it helps reduce the sunburnt sensation.
 
Great report! All those milestones, and you're so attuned to finding that balance. There probably isn't a perfect balance point because, I swear, it's a moving target. You can just try, and every day of recovery brings you closer, because the target keeps expanding and slowing down. One day you're just... there, in the same space. Somedays I'm there in the happy space, and other days my knees remind me they're still moving and I need to play catch up.
Nothing wrong with a little self-protective paranoia. Is there? :dubious:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom