TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

The pain in your quads is much more understandable, (at least to me,) given all you've been doing work-wise
I mostly sit all day.... in the car, at the office, wherever, so I can't say that I am really doing that much. And most of that time I spend wishing I didn't have this surgery!
 
*Friends* you know, long time acquaintances with whom you have much in common and enjoy each other's company? LOL. Many of my *friends* are in the medical profession, as are family members.

Hmm, the rocking and wine sounds good, but I already had some marinara at dinner; hah!

Well, THE KNEE does not like all that sitting ya know! Well...mine certainly doesn't. Your may be different.

Perhaps we 'll crate a new walking craze, The Wobble?
 
Good grief, now I can't spell or type properly. Time for book and bed!

And yes, you actually got a real smile from me, so thank you!:SUNsmile:
 
Ooo, I like the idea of the new walking craze! Maybe we can get some merchandising to go with it! And yes, Bionic Spence is not a fan of all the sitting, but it is difficult for me to view sitting as hard work! And *friends* is quite the foreign concept to me. I really have none, so trucking along through this minefield on my own.
 
hi pheebs...sorry you landed in the rabbit hole but i'm sure you will be climbing out of it soon. all i can offer you is a cute story about my "lounge doctor". every night hubby goes to bed long before me so i can finish up in the kitchen and watch my 2 soaps and the 11 o'clock news. liam usually wanders in after him. earlier in the evening i place the "lounge doctor" in place under the covers on my side of the bed so that i will be able to sleep on my side of the bed before liam claims it. well every night, including tonight, he curls up beside the lounge doctor. wish i could take a pic but too dark. i'm able to get into bed without disturbing anyone. hope your doggies are giving you lots of comfort tonight.:puppysmooze:
 
Well, I missed the entire rant and rabbit hole incident! I was in my own funk and just gave up and went to bed quite early. Could not go to sleep, but just so.tired.of. my. recliner. :gaah: My knee was more swollen yesterday than in weeks, so very tired, bored, unsettled, aggravated with DH, no appetite, absolutely NOTHING going right. :groan:
I know it's not of any help, but you certainly are not alone. Even though I've done this before, I'm ready to be DONE. Patience is not my strong suit by any means.

I hope you rested last night and today is a better day for all of us! Onward and upward, troops!
 
Hi @Pheebs et al
I just read one of your entries out loud to my DH and he said: "did you write that?"
So I'm a week after you w TKR recovery and have same symptoms and feeling. Well not exactly, my updated knee doesn't just wobble. It also clonks.
So adding tp the ministry of funny walks: the clonk and wobble walk.
Hmmm maybe the title for a spoof song.
"Let's clonk and wobble"
 
Oh, my, sounds like the rabbit hole needs to be a bunker--you are not alone @Pheebs52! I'm just catching up on all the replies. It's a cool sunny morning here--hope the same is true for you and that you had a good night's sleep and are feeling a bit brighter today. And if you're not, we're all here for you.
 
I'm with you @Fire wolf And @Pheebs52 - we try our best not to be that "old person" who's only conversation is about their aches and pains. However, after going through this surgery I have a new respect for those people and how their ouchies consume their minds. I VOW to be more patient and sympathetic with my friends and family especially those who live alone. Maybe this whole knee thing has a positive side that has nothing to do with ME!
 
Good morning Smarties, and so far, I *think* it's pretty good. The knee is mysteriously less uncomfortable this morning and my thoughts are elsewhere which is almost always a positive. That said, the very best aspect of Bonesmart is the camaraderie we all share here. It's what gets us through, again and again and again....ad infinitum. Misery really DOES love company, which isn't to say we don't enjoy positive recoveries, we do, because they give us hope. But, knowing we are not alone with our endless, sometimes petty complaints, ennui, and assorted aches and pains? Priceless, eh? Many thanks to all who responded to this hair-pulling, borderline despondent Smartie last night; you rock!:friends:
 
@VW54, my knee *clonks* a bit, clicks more and creates some other strange, mechanical sensations. I have a much heightened awareness of it versus my original issue knee, but I imagine we all do; I mean, how could we not? Since it is indeed mechanical, metal and plastic versus bone and gristle, what else can we reasonably expect, eh? Perhaps it diminishes with time or....we just get used to it. Either would be welcome!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22 Sending you some rainbows to go with that dark cloud. I feel for you! Been there, done that, more than I care to admit--sometimes multiple times in one day.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom