THR My journey, if only I had known<

Thanks @NightQuilter! Also before the New Year day is over I just had to share some one liners from my husband and son today as we were recounting how much more fun we were having compared to last year at this time:
Me (running around being silly) “Look at this! I can run!” Husband: “I can hide!”
Son: “Mom, you certainly have a leg-up on this year!” Then finished with: “hip-hip-hooray!” Yes! Definitely! Hip-hip-hooray! ❤️
 
I consider today the 1 year anniversary of the start of my hip journey. That was the day, after many tries at other remedies, my PC doc took x-rays and discovered that the only thing that was going to fix that excruciatingly painful hip was a THR. Better late than never. I had a magical moment last evening (no, not that kind of magical moment :heehee:) when I was walking the track of the gym and I realized that I was striding through the entire motion of my right hip. No catching, no pulling up, no tightening to prevent pain. It was just a nice, relaxed, smooth stride. Oh! I remember that stride! How I‘ve missed you! Very apropos for this day. I’ve come a long way with a little way left to go but the small victories sometimes are just as sweet as the big ones. Feeling very blessed. ❤️
 
[Bonesmart.org] My journey, if only I had known<

Great to hear!!! Aren't new hips amazing?
 
Just had my 1 year follow-up appointment with my wonderful OS. All is well. Funny, it was exactly a year ago I had my THR. I am overwhelmed, again, with gratitude for everyone who got me where I am today-from my OS and his great team to my ever patient, loving, helpful husband and family. It has been quite the adventure. I can now look forward to many more adventures exploring and enjoying life. I am very blessed. The Lord is good. Thank you, BoneSmart friends for your support as well. Here’s to you: from a t-shirt I have but it applies to everyone who takes this journey

[Bonesmart.org] My journey, if only I had known<
We all have brains and hearts and courage. We just need to remember it! :loveshwr:
 
Happy one year anniversary. It is really something to look back and realize how far we have come and how nice it is not to have that pain. :martini: :flwrysmile:
 
@Elf1 Celebration is definitely in the plans. I was really surprised (but maybe I shouldn’t have been) by the cascade of emotions this day has brought. A final release, perhaps, of all that this last year has been. ❤️
 
:yes!: Congratulations @Hip4life on your one year anniversary and terrific check up! I can only imagine the emotions, by the one year mark. This does take fortitude.

Thank you for your wonderful support and guidance of others along the way. :roseshwr:

Enjoy your celebration! :loveshwr::curtsey::cheers2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom