Guest viewing is limited

THR AllNat’s First THR (Righty's Road to Recovery)

Glad to read you're doing well, AllNat.
The 12th will come quickly now and you'll be right back on Recovery Rd and on your way to feeling good! :thumb:
It's your choice whether you want a new / separate thread for your Left THR recovery. You can start one, or simply continue posting here. Also, if you stay here, we can change your thread title to another of your choice, if interested. I wish you comfort over the next week and look forward to following Lefty's healing journey.
Take care! :)
@AllNat
 
@Layla I think I'll start a new thread for Lefty. Can this thread please be renamed to "AllNat's 1st THR (Righty's Road to Recovery)"? Once it's renamed, will I need to adjust the link that I have for this thread in my signature?

I was up late last night and tonight getting some slow cooker meals prepped and put in the freezer to enjoy during my recovery, now that my husband is back teaching and not able to be my full-time nurse/chef (my sister has very kindly offered to work from home at our place for the first couple of weeks so that I have someone at home with me during the day while my husband's at school, but I certainly don't expect her to cook for me). I was standing for a couple of hours tonight, and my hips are letting me know they're not happy, especially Lefty. I can't wait to have this upcoming replacement in my rearview mirror!
 
Last edited:
Ok, sounds good AllNat! Here is a link for you to start a new thread for Lefty -> Start a New Thread
I hope I understood you correctly. You can start that thread today or tomorrow if you'd like since your surgery is the day after tomorrow. It may make it easier for you to already have it up and running post THR. So please feel free.

I edited the thread title for this thread, and the link in your signature will lead members to this thread.

Love that your sister is able to step in for hubs while he's at work. You won't be alone and I'm sure she'll be a great caregiver and I'm betting you'll enjoy her company. Not long to go now and you'll be back on Recovery Road. Sending love and a hug along with best wishes for surgery on Saturday! :friends:
@AllNat
 
Thanks, @Layla , for the link about starting a new thread and, more especially, for your well-wishes and virtual hug. I need to be at the surgical centre by 6:45 a.m. on Saturday, so my setting up Lefty's thread now might be a good idea, as I will no doubt be sleepy when I get home on Saturday.
 
According to my cell phone's calendar, where I am tracking the weeks passed since my two hip surgeries, Sunday will be the end of week 28 with my new right hip. But roughly counting months on my fingers, I've just passed the end of 6 months, so time for a quick update.

I'm very happy to report that my right hip is progressing so well so far that I've almost forgotten that I even had the surgery. :happyfeet:Unlike in the spring, when my rehabilitation from my right THR was feeling stymied by the increasing pain in my left hip, I'm now in the throes of recuperating from my left THR and finding it very easy to NOT think about my right hip and to simply do a move with it without planning any choreography for it. :catdance:It's early enough in my right hip's recovery that I still have moments when I think to myself, "Oh hey! I was able to do that without thinking about it!" Such an improvement in my quality of life. :egypdance:
 
my right hip is progressing so well so far that I've almost forgotten that I even had the surgery
Wonderful update!

One of the major milestones in hip recovery is when you start to forget that it isn't your natural hip. In another six months, you won't be thinking about either hip. Life is good with two functioning hips!
 
Back
Top Bottom