THR My journey, if only I had known<

I still find it fascinating that the same surgeries have some of the same and yet very unique recovery nuances. I had a little hiccup this past week with a “flare” of a chronic (20 years,) usually stable, heart arrhythmia. I think it was triggered by a virus I was fighting shortly after my surgery. After much ado (understandably) and a stress test and echocardiogram, everything checked out to be normal. Very blessed. However, I lost about a week of my “rehab” since I was restricted in physical activity. Still a bit sore but definitely can do so much more without limitations of pain and stiffness. Like the OS said: some things will be better, others worse until it all heals (up to 3 months.) Now, back to work Dec 2. Will take advantage of extra time off to catch up (within reason, of course.) Have a very Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US. I am truly grateful for being back on the road to wholeness and blessed by all the family and friends at home and on this forum who have helped me get there. ❤️
 
@Hip4life glad everything turned out normal, those weird little glitches that pop up out of the blue! Enjoy the extra time off work while you can and hopefully you're getting to go back with a phased in return? If not I hope you at least have the ability to ice and elevate if need be at work. Definitely take it easy at home after work. Happy Thanksgiving to you and well, much to be thankful for.
 
@Hip4life I have been following your journey. I am so glad all has worked out well for you and you plan to be back at work next month.
I have seen one of the advisors post a reference about a suggested, gradual, back to work guide.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
 
@Hip4life I am so glad to catch up on your thread and hear things are going well after your Psoas tendon release. Enjoy your time off and devote yourself to recovering, especially after your little scare with the heart arrythmia!
Before you know it you will be back at work!
I second Elf1's sentiment that we all have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
 
After a post op follow up appointment today, all is well and progressing as hoped. I am truly grateful. I am reminded, however, with the daunting challenges others here on the forum are currently facing, how perilous and unpredictable this journey can be. It also makes me just that much more grateful for the wonderful people and support here on BoneSmart. A very special family, indeed. ❤️
 
Absolutely! @Mojo333 Life always has its challenges but how we meet them is what’s important. I think we’ve all done remarkably well. Here’s to continued holding each other in a safe place and a healthy, hopeful 2020. :friends:
 
Hello and a Happy Friday to you @Hip4life
It's great to read your post op appointment went well. I'm happy for you!
It's uplifting for those awaiting surgery and early into recovery to read these positive post op reports as they're encouraging. While complications do occur, they are rare and thankfully through BoneSmart those struggling with an issue will find ample love, support and encouragement from the many great members we connect with here. I love your grateful heart and sensitivity toward those suffering misfortune. I hope you have a lovely weekend!
 
Hello @Hip4life Wonderful that all is well with your post op appointment. Your grateful attitude always draws me in and calms my mind. I do think the peace that comes from acceptance is transforming.

Glad your heart concerns resolved quickly. I am hopeful that 2020 will bring us all to more life through our newly improved bodies. My happy place in my mind is strolling on the beach collecting shells.
 
Good morning, Sarah @Fit4Family. Thank you for your kindness. Interesting your happy place is on the beach. Mine is also as well as floating on the waves of Mother Earth’s calm sea. The mountains of Yellowstone-Tetons are the other for me. I will continue to hold that safe sacred space for you as you move forward through yet another challenge always knowing that Spirit is the source leading us to a happier, healthier future. The other day I read a line from a favorite author: “All will be well in the end. If it’s not, then it’s not the end.” Have a peaceful weekend. ❤️
 
Yesterday I had my regular 6 month check up with my primary. He was so pleased that I looked so happy and finally had the outcome I had been working for. He said I looked so much younger now than when we had started this journey, even from when he saw me in June. It helps when you are no longer in pain. I have been able to loose at least 10 pounds with just being able to move again. That always makes doctors happy as well. :wink: Yes, it is good to feel healthy and more like myself again. I am truly blessed. Have a great weekend everyone. ❤️
 
It is a journey but it sounds like you are in such a great place now @Hip4life . I agree with much of your perspective - it is how we choose to face the ups and downs that determines our response to them and satisfaction with life in general.
 
Wonderful news @Hip4life You truly sound very happy and just as important healthy! Congratulations on your weigh loss and feeling like you are younger than last year. Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday celebration. ❤️
 
Hi my hippy friend:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
So happy you got a good report and it's been so great to be able to follow your journey.
The collective experiences and support found on Bonesmart make for a very special resource for those recovering from joint replacements.
It was certainly the case for me.:) :-) (:

Onward and upward...:tada:
 
I received a copy of my arthroscopy op report. It had an interesting finding that my surgeon had mentioned to my husband post op. He had found and removed a bone chip, just under 1cm in diameter, in the part of the tendon where he released it. The doc had told my husband he didn’t think it was causing my issue. I hadn’t prepared a list of questions for PA post op visit so I forgot to ask any details about it. Anyway, I agree it wasn't causing the tendinitis from impingement at the acetabulum (groin pain) but I’m not sure how it wouldn’t have contributed to some of my symptoms. To me, it explains the pain across the whole joint (like a vice tightening) and soreness more towards the outside that I had with it. That is completely gone now and that is what is important. However, it validates the importance of being persistent in asking for answers when something doesn’t seem right. If I hadn’t, I would be still dealing with the limiting pain. A little Divine intervention didn’t hurt either. :angel:
Finally being at this point is the best Christmas gift ever. :santa-dance:I’m so grateful for this forum and it’s wonderful support to me on this journey. I wish healing blessings to everyone this holiday season and a healthy :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4: ❤️
 
Very happy you persisted @Hip4life Even better that the solution was fairly simple and working. xxxxxxx ❤️

Wishing you a Merry Christmas Pat. You are a bright light here and have helped me immensely with your optimism and faith.

christmas-angel
 
Ahhh. A new year. One full of possibilities. We’re planning and reserving camp sites for the Yellowstone trip to celebrate our 40th anniversary that we had to post pone last year due to my hip and THR. Soooo looking forward to all the walking and hiking around that beautiful park. One of my favorite places. That’s what it’s all about though, isn’t it? No matter how quick or circuitous your journey, this is the goal and reward. I am so grateful to God for all of my blessings: family, friends, doctors and their teams, technology, and a body that will heal itself given half a chance. Thank you all, again, for your support and kindness. Wishing you many blessings in the new year! ❤️❤️
 
How wonderful to have such great plans! Yellowstone is amazing and with your new hip, think of all the places you can comfortably explore now! Amen to God for all His blessings! Happy New Year.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom