THR My journey, if only I had known<

Congratulations!! This hip marathon is an amazing process...the incredible lows and highs, the endurance through ups and downs. And in the end, triumph over feeling fragile and disabled with gratitude and a new appreciation of our incredible bodies. :yes!: Here's to you! :cheers2:
 
Congratulations @Hip4life OneYear!!! Your gratitude shines through. Very happy for you. Grateful to have shared the journey with you. Hope you do something fun to commemorate the day.

:wowspring::egypdance::happydance::loveshwr:
 
Thanks, everyone. @SaraK thank you, especially for your support with my tendon release. I hope time moves quickly again for me as well. @Fit4Family it’s been great, my dear friend, sharing our journeys. I will be continuing to cheer you on through your milestones as well. We are planning a small celebration but our big one will be the wedding anniversary trip to Yellowstone at the end of May that we had to postpone last year. The other thing I’m looking forward to is my middle son’s college graduation in May as well-walking to and from and sitting through it without dreaded pain. It’s just really amazing that I can do that, again. This is another time that it makes me feel almost like this has happened to someone else while I watched. Weird but good to be moving on.
I’ll continue to be on this forum cheering on my fellow BoneSmarties. I emailed my OS after our visit, since I kept forgetting to tell him in person, to let him know how invaluable this site has been to me and how it might help others in his care. He said he was going to check it out and have his caseworker do the same. Maybe we’ll be adding even more members in the near future. Have a great weekend, everyone. Mid 60’s here, like 20-30 degrees above normal, so you know where I’ll be :) ❤️
 
Your May celebrations will be extra sweet this year. I have felt the same about watching this happen to someone else. Missing things is what sticks with me. So happy your previous wedding anniversary trip to Yellowstone will go as originally planned. :loveshwr:

Congratulations on your middle son’s graduation. Big milestone for all of you.

Happy Sunday! xxxx
 
Hello, my hipster friends. Well, all those above anticipated fun events have been cancelled or indefinitely postponed, of course. However, yesterday was my last scheduled day of work and freedom feels great. Now I can at least anticipate many projects I have been putting off and doing them hip pain free (I just have to have a conversation with all my other joints. Lol.) After 40 years of long healthcare shifts, my body and especially, its weight bearing joints, will appreciate their much deserved respite. Yep. I’ll probably wind up in a different ODIC and be most grateful to be able to be there this time. :) Happy Spring! Stay safe and well. ❤️ Pat.
 
Congratulations on moving on to the next chapter of your life! I'm so sorry all of your lovely plans had to be cancelled or postponed! Life now is definitely much different than any of us anticipated on New Year's Day. I like the meme that asks to reboot 2020 since it appears to have a virus. I was lucky enough to get my shoulder surgery done just a few days before the hospitals in St. Louis stopped all elective procedures.
 
That meme is great! I’m so glad that you were able to get your surgery done, Sara, so that you can get healed and get on to your next chapter as well. Thanks for all of your support and good wishes. ❤️ Pat
 
Happy Retiement, Pat! Well deserved...
May all your retirement dreams come true. Enjoy!
@Hip4life
 
Happy Retirement Pat @Hip4life, much deserved, enjoy! I know it's not exactly the way you intended but tomorrow is another day! :beer:
 
Congratulations on retirement @Hip4life! :yay: Plans are definitely changing. I had planned to retire myself at the end of May but with our June trip to Ireland already cancelled and our plans to move out of country on hold until things settle I'm thinking of extending a month or two. Hard to decide what to do right now.
 
Congratulations on your retirement! I loved my 38 years as an elementary school teacher. But it is so wonderful to have the flexibility that comes with retirement. (Especially when we aren't lviing in the Days of Covid19.)

Now I can at least anticipate many projects I have been putting off and doing them hip pain free.

I just had this very same thought. I was thinking about how lucky I am to be free of the horrendous hip pain I was experiencing this time a couple of years ago while I awaited my hip replacement. Being able to do various projects in my house and yard during this time I am confined to home is a huge blessing.
 
Congrats, my hippy pal.
Hope you have many new adventures...stay healthy and happy!!!!:friends:
 
Welcome to the happily retired club! Even though we're all limited at the moment with this covid thing, you've got a shiny new hip and a new life ahead full of whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it! Yippee!! :spin::happydance::dancy:.
 
Congratulations on your retirement. I found retirement to be a wonderful time and even now with the limitations of Covid19, it is still wonderful especially without hip pain. Enjoy your well deserved retirement. :cheers2:
 
Thank you, all, for such wonderful wishes. Anytime I start feeling the least bit down, I quickly remember where I was 18 months-2 years ago: in awful pain. Yes, a shiny new hip and so many possibilities that I don’t have to sort through: no, hurts too much, no can’t bend that way, etc. Point of fact: I have found a new love! No, keeping the same, sweet hubby. Lol. The tandem recumbent trike! My hubby and I went on our first true outing, mine since IP release, down our trail near our house. We just went a little ways, per my cycling husband, 17miles and it was a blast! More fun than I have had in, well, 18months-2 years. Lol. I was so proud and grateful. There most certainly is life after THR. I will pass that along to my neighbor who just found out she needs bilateral THR. You can bet she will get referred to all of you wonderful hipster friends. ❤️
[Bonesmart.org] My journey, if only I had known<
 
Back
Top Bottom