THR My journey, if only I had known<

Wow! I didn't realize there was a tandem option for recumbents.. I would love that! You both look happy to be out and about.

Glad Hubby gets to stay :heehee:
 
You look wonderful on that trike and so happy. I keep looking at recumbent sporty trikes as an option to not falling. I have a crank forward bike now which is not a trike but considering 4 replaced joints and not the world's best person on balance or falling it is very tempting. Nice that you have a trail near your house.
 
Wow, that looks like fun.
I will pass that along to my neighbor who just found out she needs bilateral THR. You can bet she will get referred to all of you wonderful hipster friends.
You can bet we would love to support her on her journey back to happy and healthy.
New hips rock!:yahoo:
 
Wow, Pat...it looks like fun and it’s wonderful you and hubs have something like that you can enjoy together. Thanks for sharing the happy photo and inspiring update.
Have a wonderful weekend!
@Hip4life
 
@leejaa Recumbent trikes are the way to go. My husband has done all the different cycles and had enough injuries that he almost quit until he found the recumbent trike. He rides his regular one in the different rides across different states. The tandem is the only one he has been willing to let me ride without a significant protest. He just doesn’t want me going through anything like my hip surgery again any time soon. Lol. You can see how much I fought him on that! :)
 
Hi Pat @Hip4life Very cool ride! Love that your hubby insisted on Tandem. Never heard of those. Miss the movement from recumbent bike, gym closed. If we had room in garage, that would be on my wish list. Looks fantastic. Missing my hipster friends. Sending xxxx Hugs.
 
Hello, fellow BoneSmarties. Things are good with the hip post 19 months out. It just can get a little stiff if it’s one position for a long time. That has not been an issue for the most part except I’m having some non-joint surgery in 10 days. It is a 4 hour surgery with the leg basically in the same flexed position the entire time. I mentioned it to my surgeon and she said she would try and be as accommodating as possible. It was also offered that I could position myself on the OR table to determine the most comfortable position to start with to give the team a better idea. It was nice that they were sympathetic. Just a little side note about how we really forget about our hips unless there are extenuating circumstances. Have a good weekend everyone. Blessings. ❤️
 
@Hip4life All the best for your procedure. Yes, please work with staff on what position is the most comfortable for you. A 4 hour procedure is going to result in a bit of stiffness post op. Hope all goes well!
 
Thank you, Jaycey. I have every confidence. I feel about this surgeon the same way as I did with my OS. It is very reassuring. It also helps immensely that I had my THR fairly recently in the same facility so I’m already familiar with the surgical experience and process.
 
@Hip4life Ask if the Op Team can keep as much as your leg as warm as possible with heated blankets or maybe hot water bottles? If you keep your muscles warm, that may prevent cramping.
 
We'll be looking forward to hearing how you're feeling ... and how your hip handled things! Be well.
 
Best wishes for your surgery. It does help having surgery in the same hospital as every bit of familiarity helps decrease the stress.
 
Thanks, all for your kind words. I will keep you posted about how “we” do. Lol. ❤️
 
Just an update: I’m doing well post Non-joint procedure. I had absolutely no hip pain or stiffness post op. My surgeon explained that one of her big sticking points was to make sure the legs from ankle through the knee and hip were absolutely perfectly lined up so no pressure on any spot or nerve for the duration of surgery (about 3 and a half hours in my case.) They must have gotten it right as I never even thought of my hip the whole stay. No worries. Thanks for the good wishes. ❤️
 
@Hip4life So glad you are doing well. As for hips, I am having a fluoroscopy-guided hip injection in 2 weeks. I'm so confused with the Dr. My last appointment notes mention bursitis among other things but yesterday he said they'd done all they could for the bursa. Admittedly, it was a bad day for him but.... I'll go through with the injection and then bring it up at my 2-week check-up.
 
That's great news that you didn't have stiffness and pain after that long of a surgery! Sounds like an excellent surgeon. I'm sure they also appreciated how proactive you were in letting them know and working with them on it as well! :flwrysmile:
 
Celebrating my 2 year anniversary today. All is well. I remain immensely grateful and will always celebrate, in some way, the day I got my life back. Blessings to you all and thank you for all of your support. ❤️ Pat.
 
Back
Top Bottom