Lea61
member
- Joined
- Aug 24, 2018
- Messages
- 245
- Age
- 69
- Location
- Staten Island, NY
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Hi @Mojo333 ..... thank you for checking in. The PT also reminded me yesterday that I was 8 weeks post surgery, I hadn't even realized. I guess I stopped counting. I am doing well. I use one crutch and actually hold it opposite the unoperated leg because that side is not holding up so well. Lately, in the house, I find myself walking around unaided, either forgetting to use it or just forgetting where I left it!
The PT is going well. They are very aware that I had revision surgery and are being cautious. They have also told me to not keep doing anything that causes pain. So far, the exercises/movements I'm doing there do not cause any discomfort. They found it funny when I told them that the only discomfort I feel during PT is the massage they do at the end. They told me that everyone always says that is the best part of therapy. I found it to hurt, so she is doing a more gentle massage (not that she was aggressive before but it just wasn't pleasant for me). I'll see the surgeon again at the end of the month.
I also go to the gastro MD next week and will have to make an appt. to repeat the endoscopy soon. I think that issue has cleared but I will still need to be on the Prilosec for awhile longer.
Thank you again and everyone else here, for your support.
Hope you enjoyed the Holidays and wish you a Happy 2019.......
The PT is going well. They are very aware that I had revision surgery and are being cautious. They have also told me to not keep doing anything that causes pain. So far, the exercises/movements I'm doing there do not cause any discomfort. They found it funny when I told them that the only discomfort I feel during PT is the massage they do at the end. They told me that everyone always says that is the best part of therapy. I found it to hurt, so she is doing a more gentle massage (not that she was aggressive before but it just wasn't pleasant for me). I'll see the surgeon again at the end of the month.
I also go to the gastro MD next week and will have to make an appt. to repeat the endoscopy soon. I think that issue has cleared but I will still need to be on the Prilosec for awhile longer.
Thank you again and everyone else here, for your support.
Hope you enjoyed the Holidays and wish you a Happy 2019.......
!! Haven't decided yet.


not yet, anyway...... LoL