Hi
@Layla and
@Mojo333 ..... I know I haven't been checking in much, but I am always appreciative to this site and to you for always being so helpful and supportive. When I last wrote, I was telling you about my RLS....Not sure if I had mentioned previously, that my mom had RL and now my brother just started a medication for RLS.....so I ended up going to a neurologist. She is checking my iron levels and I also asked for magnesium and Vitamin D to be checked too. I just started taking a low dose medication that has been found to help this condition. So far, I have been getting relief and finally able to sleep (almost) through the night. I can't tell you how draining it was becoming....it wasn't just not being able to sleep, but the constant need to have to get up and move my legs....it was wearing me down. I almost hope that the test for iron proves to be the issue and will resolve this so I won't have to continue on the medication. The possible side effects are very scary and I hate the thought of being on something long-term.
Otherwise, all is going well. I started out-patient PT and it has been going well. The therapist told me that my range of motion was very good, but the right side (that I had dislocated) is a little tighter than the left (and I do feel more discomfort on that side when going up/down stairs (so weird too, that (revision) surgery was November). OS said that after the surgery on the left side, it's possible that it added stress to the right side and it will just take some added time to recover again. I am able to walk unaided (although I will take one crutch with me if I know I will be doing a lot of walking).
I read that
@Barbaraj said good bye....I will miss her posts......she always made me laugh! And
@Mersada , if you check in, write to me.....I still want to meet you at the nail salon one day........
Thanks again.....I'll check back soon.