Lea61
member
- Joined
- Aug 24, 2018
- Messages
- 245
- Age
- 69
- Location
- Staten Island, NY
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
United States
United States
United States
Hi @Barbaraj .... thanks for sharing your experience. The culture I came up positive to was also not MRSA (it was MSSA). I wasn't told to do anything prior to surgery, but I have read that, as well as some people having treatment on the day of surgery either with the nasal ointment or antibiotics given intravenously. I am going to call my surgeon on Monday and see what his protocol is for this. I was definitely surprised to see the result and felt like "here I go again......"! As if normal (?) worry and anxiety to surgery isn't enough, I need something else to worry about (and another dislocation is never far from my mind)!
So, I'm keeping myself busy until I speak to Dr. on Monday. Thanks for checking in. And, how are you doing? Since I had gone back to work, I really haven't been on the site much to catch up. I hope all is well with you and your hip is treating you kindly....
United States
United States
United States
United States
United States
for all your well wishes.
Of course I'm feeling hungry and thirsty and can't do anything about either one LoL ! Surgery is scheduled for 11am, so I need to be there by 9am. We plan on leaving at 6:30 which should give us enough time since we'll be in the middle of rush hour traffic into the city. I'll let you know how it all goes.....
United States
United States
United States
United States
United States
and send summed healing vibes your way before I head out for my Friday.

