Guest viewing is limited

THR Bilateral changed to Single

:hi:@Lea61
Just been thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.
You have had such a rough few months...and I do hope all is down to a mild roar.
Hugs...:loveshwr:
 
Thinking of you too @Lea61
Sure hope you're doing okay. Leave us an update when you're able.
Warmest wishes for a smooth recovery.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
Missing you Lea, sure hope you're doing okay.
Leave us an update if you stop by. Hoping the issues you were experiencing have eased.
Warm wishes for comfort and healing.
@Lea61
 
Hi Everyone. Thank you again for your concern and well wishes. I am finally doing better. It has been a rough ride. I had my follow-up appt with the gastro on Wednesday. The biopsies that were taken showed and severe inflammation and thankfully nothing else more serious. I need to stay on medication for awhile and follow-up with another endoscopy mid-January to make sure everything is healing.
As @Alitm said, I hope "to be done with the side shows of complications" ! !
My hip seems to be doing well. I've been using crutches when I'm out, and in the house, I am able to use only one crutch. I try to take at least one walk outside every day, which is not always so easy because it's been really really cold in NYC. I have a follow-up appt with the surgeon on Monday (this is the 1st follow-up since the revision surgery). I have only one more session of home PT. He assures me that I am doing well and feels that I should continue with out-patient PT. I am going to see what the surgeon recommends on Monday.
I want to spend time catching up on everyone's threads and see what I've missed. I hope you are all doing well and thank you again for your continued support. ❤️
@Alitm @Mersada @Mojo333 @Layla @Barbaraj
 
Just reading your thread for the first time @Lea61, and oh my stars! You need some BiG HUGs ((((((Lea))))))
I will certainly be sending healing vibes your way, as you are overdo for some breaks. Hope the newly repaired hip is feeling a bit better every day.
 
Thank you so much @hiphoser .... I have had way too many difficult days, and days when I felt that I was never getting through this. In addition to everything else, it was all very scary too. Thankfully, I am feeling better and feeling more positive about my overall recovery.
Thanks again for reaching out .... :)
 
Lea, thank you for sharing your story!

Before my first LTHR in Aug, I had asked my surgeon if he would do bi-lateral for me. He refused.

I am so glad he did! After trying to rehab the first one, it occurred to me that he was right. Just my 1 hip was brutal enough...now I can't imagine having both done at the same time...not too sure I would have survived it.

My hat is off to those that took the bi-lateral route. They are certainly braver souls than I!

I would suggest everything worked for you the way it did for a reason.

Happy healing my kindred-soul brethren!
 
:wave:@Lea61! So great to see you back on the forum and making good progress after all you have endured in the last two months.:wow: You have gone through so much!! However, it sounds as if the medication for your gastric pain and inflammation is helping. Glad they will do a follow up endoscopy next month to make sure everything has healed etc.

Your hip sounds really good! Well done you with all you have been through with hip and gut! Phew! Let us know how your Monday appointment with your OS goes. Glad that you have been out walking each day. It is hard with the winter weather. We just had a spectacular sunny but cold week here in western Canada. Prior to that it had been so rainy (think US Pacific North West weather!), I didn't feel comfortable going in the weather at just one and two weeks out. My week three coincided with the sunshine and it has given me an opportunity to walk outdoors every day. I think the rest and just walking inside the first two weeks as suggested by BoneSmart stood me in really good stead. The rain is forecasted to return, but I'm stronger now, and my physio says to suit up and get out there and walk! :chinstroke:

So glad you are through all the scary stuff and are doing well and feeling better. Great to see you back here :yay:.
:flwrysmile:
 
@Lea61, so glad to hear from you. I am glad to see you are doing well. It sounds as if the hip is healing nicely and your getting around ok. I know it's cold around here, but hopefully it will warm up a bit so you can get out more. Hope you get down to using a cane soon...but, your progress sounds good. I was wondering about how you were doing the past couple of weeks. Good luck with your next appointment. Looking forward to hearing about it.
Have a great weekend...although, we will on be in the 30 degrees mark. Hopefully, the wind dies down and it won't be so bad.
 
:hi:...was so happy to see your post. (Was worried about you!)

I am glad the gastric issues aren't serious and that you are seeing progress on your hip.
The Monday OS appointment will be very reassuring and as I have no doubt you have become rather tentative over this hip thing !:unsure:

Now just need to let all slowly get well so it can be just okay if your support when you are tripping the light fandango. Okay, No Tripping...but you know what I mean.
Healing hugs coming your way!:roseshwr::roseshwr:
 
So good to hear from you Lea! Was about to send the posse to hunt you down :heehee:
In all seriousness it sounds as though you're doing well. It's good to know.
I'm glad the GI issues aren't severe and you're under doctor's care and monitoring.
I wish you well with your follow up appt on Monday and your endoscopy in mid January.
Prayers all gets on track and stays on track for you. In the interim I'm wishing you comfort,
a peaceful holiday season and a happy healthy 2019!
@Lea61

:merry christmas:
 
Wahoo, glad to have you back, @Lea61! Relieved to hear that the stomach issues are subsiding, and glad that walking is improving as your strength returns. I hope you get a big "thumbs up" from your surgeon on Monday. If you feel PT is working in home, maybe a stint of outpatient PT will be helpful as well, if your surgeon approves. I personally love PT, enjoy the structure and they've been good about suggesting realistic exercises to strengthen my left hip to put off--gulp--a second surgery as long as I can. And glad to hear you've been able to take short walks outside as well, fresh air and maybe some sunshine are definitely mood boosters for me. I agree that NYC isn't the most conducive for walking, particularly when you are recovering from hip replacement surgery, but I bet by midyear in 2019 you'll be striding with confidence around your neighborhood and its environs. Happy Saturday, and so glad to hear you've really turned a corner! Yay for you!
 
:wave: and :hi:
I'm guessing this month has been a struggle..been worried about you.

Hope you are taking it super easy and that the holiday will bring comfort and joy!:kitty chris:
 
Once again, I thank everyone for their concern and well wishes. My OS was very pleased with my progress and the x-ray showed everything in place the way it should be :) :-) (: ! After having me walk, he told me that I was ready to use only one crutch and should be ready to walk unaided when at home. He feels that I am lacking confidence in myself, but understands that with everything I have gone through, why that would be so. Overall, it was a good appointment and I will see him again at the end of January. I started out-patient PT for the first time on Thursday. It went well....I felt a little achy afterward and even though they ended the session with icing, I also went home and iced during the evening. I think going to PT will be helpful since I can't always count on being able to walk outside.....it's either too cold, snowing or raining...... so having the PT will help make sure that I keep moving !
I wish everyone a very :merryx: and my very best wishes for a Healthy and Happy New Year !
:tree lights:
 
:santawave: hi @Lea61
Glad doctor thinks all is healing well. That should be reassuring and hopefully help you regain some confidence!
I am so hoping your holidays are happy and things will keep getting better.
:snows: Merry Christmas.
2019 will be a Good Year!:cheers2:
 
Last edited:
Good morning, @Lea61! Glad to see that you've checked in and that your OS visit and PT session went well. I am sure that you are a bit tentative given all that you've gone through, but the encouraging words from the doctor and therapist should, I hope, make you feel more confident and truly believing that the end is in sight! It may be a bit far off, but you ARE going to get there--you'll be a fully recovered hipster in 2019! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, the right mix of rest and activity. Cheers!
 
@Lea61 Great to hear about your super visit with your OS and that PT is going well. I have to say it is challenging to do the walking at this time of year with the weather! My September post op walking was much easier! Wishing you and your family the very best for 2019 :)
 
Great update! @Lea61
Happy to hear things are going well for you. I hope you had a nice Christmas.
Looks like 2019 will be your year. Two new hips after March 5th...which will be here in the blink of an eye.
Then lookout....here comes Lea! :dancy::happydance::spin:
Wishing you all the best in the New Year.
 
:wave: Two months (almost) since your revision.
Wondering how things were rolling along?
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!:loveshwr:
 
Back
Top Bottom