Hi
@Lea61, glad to hear from you!!
I still don't have my placard...seems like it's taking forever. I called last week and they said my paperwork was still at the department of health being reviewed. Hopefully any day now, unless they deny it. The cold makes the hip a bit more stiff I think.
I rescheduled my appointment with Dr. MacCauley to March 16th. We will see what he has to say. I hope I feel more comfortable and confident with him...we shall see. I am still terrified of doing it being that it's a whole reconstruction and not just a hip replacement. I feel like something could go wrong. I read the boards of people still having complications after surgery and it scares me. Right now, I know how to manage it. It's a stiff and dull pain now...could be worse.
This week we are supposed to get weather close to 50's...looking forward to that--hope you get to get out a bit, too.
I go see Tony Braxton in concert on Thursday which will be a treat. I don't venture out that often because I hate having to walk too much. Last week I went to the short hills mall in NJ with my sister...we didn't stay long because I can't walk that long but, it was nice to get out.
Good luck with the next hip replacement, you will be having it before my next consult. I envy you for getting it done. I guess I'm a scaredy cat...lol.
How are you doing with the precautions?? Is it hard?? I wonder how I'm going to care for the dogs with that. Are you able to do the golpher's reach easily?