Thank you
@Mojo333 ,
@Layla .... I have not been having a good run .... Last Friday, I started having some stomach issues. I was in contact with my dr and told him that I wanted to stop the Melaxicam (Mobic). He agreed. Over the weekend my symptoms became worse to the point that a sip of water caused pain. A small cup of jello gave me pain that lasted two hours. Yesterday, I spent 14 hours in the ER, and basically all they did was rule out the most serious things this pain could be, without an explanation of why this is happening. So after an X-ray and 2 CAT scans I learned it is not my heart, gall bladder, pancreas, liver, or a clot in my lungs (they really scared me with that one)!! Anyway, they discharged me at midnight with instructions to see my family Dr. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist on Wednesday. For now, I'm living on mylanta, Prilosec and Pepcid. Tonite I managed to eat a slice of bread, taking 10 minute breaks in between each bite, so it took over an hour to eat the one slice.
I just can't believe how I am going from one thing to another. I think that taking the anti-inflammatory and baby aspirin since my first surgery on October 9, which then continued thru the 2nd surgery on Nov 7, was just too much for my stomach. Hopefully, I'll have an answer on Wednesday.
So, since this is bonesmart, I can say that my hip is doing very well. I am using the walker, but I am doing well on crutches too and I am able to bear weight on it. So, I am certainly happy for that, but I really do need a break !