THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

I know it doesn't make it hurt less or make it any less frustrating but the majority of us are going through similar things. Tomorrow is 5 mos for me and I still get frustrated. I was very stiff this morning after work around the house yesterday. I get odd pains up high on my butt and the outer edge too. Makes it feel like it's the joint until you get moving and realize where it's at. I try and do my stretching in the morning to loosen up first.
As I said when I started with this I was all in and there's no turning back so like GnR we need a little patience! And we're all part of the 95%.

@1stSurgery
Hagen daz, Swiss vanilla almond with whipped cream!

Agree , agree. What is next?
Remember in the beginning the pride we took in getting that log leg up on the bed , unassisted?
Mastering that grabby thing?
A shower! Washing our hair?
I guess I have a longer out look now...achievements might not come as quick.
Yea , this is getting old.

Gotta keep on moving forward. No choice.
I got plans !
Mine was dark chocolate, "So Delicious", coconut milk ice cream. I started out by saying "...just a tablespoon ...for the flavor" ---and halfway through the container I realized the size of a tablespoon had greatly increased during that 10 minute sitting. The important part is the art of enjoyment...which means eating with full relish and no guilt! I'm not kidding, it did kick out the blues. :yes!:

@Eman85 - I saw my OS yesterday and was lamenting about all the things I still couldn't do - (trapeze, cartwheels, water ballet, getting the cheese out of the bottom drawer in the fridge)- he got very fatherly with me and explained that what my body had been through was akin to having the two largest bones in the body broken, manipulated, reamed and reconstructed- the femur and pelvis. And then a metal device inserted... He said the usual 3 months before the new normal with activities, but a full year till the thing settles in and is fully incorporated into the body... The idea of having those bones broken (rather than sawed off!!) stuck with me in an appreciation of what the poor healing cells have got to be busy working on as we wait. And wait. And wait some more. You sound very active and productive to me and a little stiffness is probably still the settling in phase continuing.

Glad that you are in your nice clean house, and so positive.
Life is good...and will get better.
Wishing you a peaceful Weekend!:SUNsmile:

I'm jelly, I want a cleaning lady! :tantrum: A girl can dream.....right?
Congrats on your graduation. It's a great feeling to ditch that walker.
Hope you're weekend is wonderful, @AnnieRose2
And you're right...Life Is Good :yes!:

@Bone-obo and @Eman85 - my OS would be happy to put you both to sleep - and perform his carpentry on your bones...if you come to California. I'm sure it's nothing but I did once have a dream about him where he transformed into a Beni Hana chef, wielding his knives, blades flying through the air... I woke up laughing! Did not share that with him however.

Life is good.
I had a Cleaning service today.

I went to out patient PT..I graduated to cane, again.
Spent the remainder of day icing and resting.
In a clean house :yahoo:
Congratulations @AnnieRose2! Back on the Cane gang. I have a cleaner house than earlier....as I just loaded up what seemed like 4 yrs of dishes into the dishwasher. Hubby does not seem bothered by towers of tilting plates and pots balancing on the counter, bless his heart! :heehee:
I forgive him. He is a great cook!

Were there pain meds involved!?
That's a hoot!:loll:

Were there pain meds involved!?
That's a hoot!:loll:
I found it so funny - the image- I literally couldn't stop giggling! He does a ton of these THRs every day, uncanny amounts, and I kept pondering --how you could just have some mass production line of hips and femurs all day long..?? I think that was the answer my subconscious came up with! He moonlights at Beni Hana! Learns skills! Hahaha

Good Morning My Soul Sister! Congratulations on getting off the walker! I know you will do well and keep progressing. Your positive spirit and energy will carry you through! Having a clean house sounds great!

We are still without AC and have given up trying to repair it. We have an estimate appointment on Monday for a new system. I'm so grateful this didn't happen in the first weeks post-op! I chuckle at @1stSurgery and comments about her OS as a BeniHana chef! Also, ice cream...hubby bought a bunch of Ben and Jerry's. I have no control. Also, my house is a cluttered dirty mess. I couldn't find enough available surface for someone to come in and clean! Hubby is great at floors but the kitchen is not his thing (he was a bachelor too long!). I keep up a bit but have had to let go of my desire for cleanliness and order!

I will post in a bit on my thread about me and the cane and PM you later too!

Do I need an off-set cane? I have a very basic grey one from Hospital. Looking at Amazon, I noticed handle is soft foam and I can get one in different colors. The cost is about $20. Do I need to spend more? Last thing I want is a busted cane/ busted me.
We're going to Wash, DC in September and I want to be stylin' :walking:

I'll be interested in the answer. I got one of the Amazon ones with the curved padded handle for $16. It is the Maui Flowers since I'm a Maui gal. It has been adjusted and ok'd by 3 PTs but I'm having a lot of shoulder and arm pain when using it for longer walks. I had the arm/shoulder pain pre-surgery from sleeping on that arm.

I should have asked the question myself earlier but was so anxious to get off the walker I couldn't wait for the Medicare one to get ordered by Home Health!

Having a trip to look forward to sounds good. Love to you!

Hi @AnnieRose2
Thinking of you this morning and wondering how you're doing?
Looks like you're traveling in September. Fun!
That leaves you time to continue healing and gain more strength.
Hope you've been enjoying the last few days and wishing you a great finish to the week.
Big hugs to you!

@Layla . Dear sweet Layla, how nice of you to think of me.
I haven’t been checking in because I’m not feeling so good..
I’m ok but my hip is a still a challenge.
I have an appointment with OS June 30. I hope seeing him puts my mind at ease regarding this pain in my hip.

His NP called me yesterday and confused me with her directions.. Take this medication, don’t take that. Go to PT stop PT. Maybe you have bursitis , maybe it’s your back. Walk 1 mile, walk in your house.
I wanted to scream. Leave me alone. I will stop consulting with her. It was like she was throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what stuck.

I need to have confidence in my provider/ surgeon. ( don’t we all)
I’m begining to think..the surgery is over, they did their job. And I’m on my own..
Body part medicine.. I was the “left hip in exam room 2”
What a grump I am today. :blackcloud:

@luvsibes

It is those post op blues and energy drain and frustrating cabin fever blues.
Listen to your body...don't throw down the ice.
Yes, now this recovery mess is getting old by now...but hang in there dear AnnieRose!
Healing hugs coming at you!:console2:

Hi AnnieRose, I understand why you are frustrated with conflicting info from your health care team. I know you are able to be in touch with your body and trust your self to know what helps and what hurts. I am finding that as I increase exercise and walking, I don't have the intense level of pain as pre-surgery but I am feeling twinges of pain. I believe it's more muscle than bone. Also, the nerve pain from the wound bothers me. I still am in the soft looser yoga pants. I cannot imagine pulling denim shorts over the wound area and then sitting and walking with the stiff fabric and side seam!

It's hard to pace ourselves but be a good little yogi and listen to your body, rest, ice, and breathe healing energy into that hip. Hubby reminds me that slow and steady wins the race (I do feel like a tortoise when I'm walking). Perfect your gait and balance one step at a time.

I'm sending more love and hugs today for you, Soul Sister!

Aww, Annie, I think you're suffering a bit of the Post Op Blues.
In addition you're worried and not getting questions answered to your satisfaction which = frustration :hairpulling:
I wish you could get some reassurance from someone trustworthy so you felt more at peace about all.
I'm hoping the pain hasn't become worse.

Hurry up July 30th! We want you to feel comfortable enough to move forward.
Sending some love and a warm hug your way today. :console2: I hope you find the answers you're seeking soon.
@AnnieRose2

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member