Recent content by Oldie

  1. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Oh Bonnie, so sorry you didn't get any answers at your dr's appt. He may be best surgeon but does lack some empathy! Sincerely hope you find some help,if it was me I would get another opinion. Don't give up!! You deserve a painfree knee!
  2. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    RunA42K @ we are wondering how your OS appt. went. Hope you found some help for your pain. Hopefully you are getting all your problems resolved. Merry Xmas
  3. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Wow Bonnie, I just got caught up on your thread, haven't been on in a long time, and I too have to express how sorry I am that you are going thru all this. Your revision should have been completely well by now. I cannot imagine how younare able to go to work taking Tramadol and Motrin every...
  4. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Hi Bonnie, haven't been on for a long time, so just getting up on your thread. First of all congratulations on your bike riding, you are doing FANTASTIC!! But I was a little disappointed with your OS, did he not take any blame for your leg coming out shorter than the other, which is probably...
  5. O

    TKR Amberpep's Recovery Thread

    Abby, just thought I would answer to your saying that revisions are usually more painful than other tkr's. Not always, I had tkr's on both my knees and then had a revision of my right knee, was not any more painful and recovery was about the same as the tkr's. Now we do have to remember that...
  6. O

    Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

    Abby, very happy that you liked your new OS. Yes it makes a difference finding someone that can help you. I remember when I went to the revisionist I was so elated, after over two years of pain, and going back to my OS many times. He would take xrays and say all was well with the implant...
  7. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Bonnie, Wow! What a difference in leg lenghth, glad you are taking care and now there will be no stopping you. Did your tendonitits get resolved? Hope so. Take care.
  8. O

    Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

    Hi Amberpep, I have been reading your posts and I feel for you needing to see a revisoinst about the pain in your knee. I know how you feel because I've been thru it also.But I differ with you in sayong it is caused by the brand of implant. I have DePuy implants on both knees. The left one...
  9. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Hi Bonnie, havent been on for some time, and just got caught up on your thread. First of all, congratulations on your new job, seems just the right fit for you and I can see even though you are tired you love your job!! Sorry, you are still having Pes Ansirimas tendonitis problem. It is so...
  10. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Bonnie, sorry to hear your still having problems. I agree the pes anserine first, are you iceing still? I had the same problem, lots & lots of ice especially the ice massages took care of it. I realize with your working and all you don't have all the time I had. Take care, wishing you the best.
  11. O

    Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

    Yes, definetly the ice massage really works. @Pumpln. My OS was the one that told me to do the ice massage after my revision and I really found it helped a lot, just don't overdue, only 5-8 minutes at a time.
  12. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Wow Bonnie, so good to finally hear from you and that you have no knee pain!! That is great!! Don,t worry your ROM will get better with time. Sorry to hear your leg is longer because of the extra wide spacer, I have the very wide spacer like yours, but because my OS had to trim back my...
  13. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Bonnie, your decision sounds good, but what about the pain you were having on the medial side, has that gone away? About the constraints on the ROM. not more than 120, I do not believe, because I have 130+ after revision with a revision system implant Wishing you the best and I' sure the pool...
  14. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Wow, bonnie, what a beautiful pool! I'm glad you are starting yhe process to see your OS. Pes Ansersine Tenditis I remember having when I was about 3-4 months with my revision. Very Painful, my OS showed me specific stretches and exercises for it and also lots & lots of icing. I would use...
  15. O

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Bonnie, can't believe your dr. said to come back in 8 yrs. He must have been kidding! my revisionist had me back at 6 wks, 3 mos, 6 mos. and one year. i can see you are concerned but Im sure you are doing everything the right way, but I also believe like Jamie said, call the dr., make an appt...
Back
Top Bottom