Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

No, Bonnie, you are definitely not old news! I always look for your thread because I want to know how you are getting on.
After all the problems you had in the past, it's easy for doubt to creep in, but do try to be patient. It really is still early days.

Do you remember Campervan posting a summary of her slow improvement in ROM? (@Campervan Margaret, please will you post it again, so Bonnie can be reminded?) As she said, "Good things take time."
 
Bonnie, can't believe your dr. said to come back in 8 yrs. He must have been kidding! my revisionist had me back at 6 wks, 3 mos, 6 mos. and one year. i can see you are concerned but Im sure you are doing everything the right way, but I also believe like Jamie said, call the dr., make an appt to have a good checkup, you'll feel better.
 
Bonnie, I read your thread and admire you greatly. What I write about has very little to do with my TKR these days but it's just so nice to share trials and tribulations after such major surgery.
Keep going for those answers and improvements and wishing you all the best.
:friends:
 
I have read your complete thread and I think you are amazing. You have gone thru a lot more than most of us. It is so helpful to read about tkr's both good and bad and i do believe all helped me in my recovery. It is great searching Bonesmart and finding answers or just asking questions to other members and getting knowledgable caring responses. I appreciate and thank you for your honesty. I agree with Jamie. I think a follow up is a great idea and hope you find some answers! We care about you and are here to support you!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
@Jozilla @Dabber @Oldie @Pumpkln @icep707 @Celle @Jamie @NightQuilter @amberpep

You all just don't know how you made me feel, so cared about that you commented on my thread.

Jozilla, I don't think you've ever commented on my thread before...and you said you've read my entire thread? All I can say is WOW! It's so long, but thank you so much for all your kind words, it really meant a lot to me.

Iceman, you opened up the door for me because I just have not been saying much of anything...I think that comes from being discouraged, so thank you.

Oldie, yes, my doctor told me to come back in 8 years! I was shocked and asked him, 8 years? He said yes, no need to come any sooner. That for the most part made me feel lime I am on my own now.

Dabber, you read my thread too? Thank you so much for the encouragement and thank you for reading my thread.

Pumpkin, thank you for the info on the short cranks. I thought of you while I peddled the stationary bike at Physical Therapy today, because I knew my form was not good. My ankle gets sore from my foot that keeps pointing down when I peddle and after 10 minutes of that my lower back hurt too from hiking my hip. I thought of you and the shorter cranks to keep good form. Guess I should start looking into that.

Celle thank you for always caring about me. You always have a way of saying things that make so much sense.

Nightquilter thank you for always stopping by and cheering me up! Do you really make quilts? I need to find someone who can make me a quilt from all of my marathon finishers shirts. I have 24 of them.

Amberpep, I hope that you can get the answers that you need soon and in the easiest way possible considering your travel concerns. Your story sounds so much line mine, I hope I can be of some help to you.

And...Jamie you always are so caring and kind your words are so welcomed and appreciated. You make so much sense! Thank you for coming to my rescue today, I needed it.

So I had Physical Therapy today...no great news to report. My ROM was only measured at 112. We didn't push it, just did heel slides until I could peddle the bike which was 10 minutes of with my hip or ankle hiking. After the bike we just worked on strengthening. They had me walking back and forth 15 yards each way on my tip toes to help strengthen my calves and the same on my heels. Meanwhile I was getting updates on my phone from my nephew in Boston about my sister. So I'm thinking, here I am doing 30 yards on my tip toes and she's running the Boston marathon... 5 years older than me! She's still living the life I used to have.

I think I should go see my doctor as some of you have suggested. I wanted to talk to my husband about that tonight but the evening got too busy and he was getting emails from work so I didn't say anything, he's gone to sleep now so here I am talking to all of you. I'll get in touch with my OS and see if I can get in to talk before 8 years is up!

Thanks everyone!
 
How is the swimming pool coming along?
Today they arrived about 9 am and didn't leave till about 6 pm. They built the rock wall that will have 3 waterfalls, cut and laid flagstone coping, and tiled. A lot was done today, still need plaster, decking, fix landscaping and grass and fill with water. I am sure that by the first weekend in May it will be done.
[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
 
Hi Bonnie, your pool is going to look awesome. Celle earlier today suggested I give you my ROM progress, sohere tis. I think its now settled at around 122 but I'm doing nothing to improve it, other than walking maybe 4 or 5 kms a day. So on my scale, your 112 at under 5 months is good but your thought on a visit to your OS sounds like a good plan to me. Take care.

92 - 8 weeks post op
105 - 10 weeks
107 - 5 months
110 - 6 months
112 - 7 months
116 - 9 months
119 - 11 months
118 - 1 yr
120 - 1yr 2 months
125 - 1 yr 8 months
 
I've emailed to my surgeon's assistant and told her everything that is going on with me, looking for advice...telling her that I can't wait 8 years to come in. I'm waiting for a reply.

Today I woke up with an even more sore medial side of my knee. It feels now like I have Pes Anersine tendinitis. I let her know that too. I had it with my first knee, so I know what it feels like.

I'll let you all know what kind of reply I get...whenever I get it. They are probably replacing hips or knees today since they only see patients on Thurdays and Friday morning.
 
Hope you find some answers to your questions, and you have started the process.
I think Campervans post is very informative about how long it can take to get our flexion back.
All the best, and hope that pool is coming along. We are all wanting to come for a virtual swim.
 
Your pool looks lovely, it's not something we in the UK see very often....a garden pool that is, nor sunshine :wink:
Hoping you get an appointment sooner than 8 years!!
 
Wow, bonnie, what a beautiful pool! I'm glad you are starting yhe process to see your OS. Pes Ansersine Tenditis I remember having when I was about 3-4 months with my revision. Very Painful, my OS showed me specific stretches and exercises for it and also lots & lots of icing. I would use a dixie cup filled with water, frozen, and massage the area for 5 minutes 3-4 times a day. As the ice melts just tear the sides of the cup down and it can reused many times. I would also go to bed with ice bag on it. It took some time but finally went away. Wishing you the best.
 
I'm glad you are going to the OS and I know you will be your best advocate. You deserve the same attention you received during the surgery and hopefully your surgeon will be willing to take the time to discuss your situation, your expectations and also provide specific recommendations with next steps.

PS: nice pool
 
@RunA42K Bonnie I am so sorry for your loss but am glad your surgery went well. We pet lovers treat and love our pets as our little four-legged children.
 
Your pool looks lovely, it's not something we in the UK see very often....a garden pool that is, nor sunshine :wink:
Hoping you get an appointment sooner than 8 years!!

I know about the lack of sun, and cool temps in the UK. My husband and I lived in Ipswich, Suffolk County for one year. When the sun did come out everyone headed for Felixstow on the coast of the North Sea...us included! I remember stands selling funnel cakes and fried potatoes with onions. I am very lucky to have lived in the UK for a bit, it's nice to see other parts of the world. During the year I was there I walked almost every square inch of London. Such fantastic history in the UK.

The nice thing about the weather in the UK is that you grow so many beautiful flowers every where!
 
I'm heading for the UK in 6 weeks' time, to visit my daughter and her husband, who have recently been appointed legal guardians of a sweet, little, 18-month-old girl. All being well, they can apply to adopt her in a year's time.
We'll be with them for 2 months, getting to know our new grand-daughter. :loveshwr:
 
That sounds wonderful Caryl @Celle. A nice long vacation and you should have nice weather then too. What part of the UK? Although we lived in Ipswich, we traveled all over England while we were there. A once in a lifetime opportunity.
 
Time for me to go to sleep now. When I wake up I'll be another day closer to swimming/rehabbing in my own pool. I didn't hear back from my OS assistant/office today...maybe tomorrow. Physical Therapy tomorrow afternoon at 3:30...Goodnight all.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom