Recent content by Healthyhip12

  1. Healthyhip12

    Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

    Happy Birthday! Life gets incredibly good when you can move! I have struggled with my weight for years, but finally reached normal BMI with low carb diet, especially wheat, portion control and stress control. You have always been a go for it all kinda guy, so I suggest, even though you didn't...
  2. Healthyhip12

    Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

    Hello Dr Toonz! Your Father-in-law needs a Kindle for Christmas. Good to hear you are doing so well. I haven't been walking or biking like you, but I did take up line dancing. To go from barely being able to walk with a cane to scootin' about the dance floor is a miracle ( and wonderful fun!).
  3. Healthyhip12

    THR Good day sunshine

    Good to hear you are doing so well! And yes, my new hip is great, but the wound still gives me a little trouble. Good to know.
  4. Healthyhip12

    THR Hip, Hip, Hooray! There is joy in every day!

    Good morning Bonesmarties! Yesterday marked my seventh week post op and seventh wedding anniversary! I must say that weeks five and six of recovery were the worst! I overdid it one Sunday afternoon and woke up with severe hip pain the next morning requiring the return of a cane to get around...
  5. Healthyhip12

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    Hi Ellen! It is so good to read about your triumphs! You are doing everything right by taking it slow and one step at a time. Patience is a virtue, you know! I know exactly what you mean when you say you need to get back to your life, but for now your life is recovery. I haven't been on...
  6. Healthyhip12

    THR Hip, Hip, Hooray! There is joy in every day!

    Yesterday was 4 weeks since surgery and all is well. I am wearing an UP band and find I do best if I limit my walking to 0.5 miles daily. If i do more than that I have leg pain and exhaustion. I am cane free and my limp is gone. My insurance company decided I only needed 6 visits of PT, so...
  7. Healthyhip12

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    Glad to hear you are feeling better! It sounds like you have made amazing progress! Yep, those PT guys get paid to be extremely optimistic. And, it doesn't hurt them a bit when they strap a weight on your ankle and then demand straight leg lifts. I went to therapy yesterday and was sharing...
  8. Healthyhip12

    THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

    Hi Tashia! Sending you a virtual bouquet of beautiful spring flowers! Your list of accomplishments is wonderful! Yes, you do need to hold yourself back a little and not overdo EXCEPT for when that spark of interest for pure enjoyment ignites. It is fabulous, isn't it? I noticed it one day...
  9. Healthyhip12

    THR Hip, Hip, Hooray! There is joy in every day!

    Greetings! Today is my 3 week birthday and I am doing fairly well. I can walk in the house without a cane, but do have to watch my form ( no limping! ). I have started real PT and was glad that I only have to do 2 sessions per week instead of 3. My PT says that everyone should do their pre op...
  10. Healthyhip12

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    I really like it when you say you can "flip" to one side or the other! YES! I remember back to the day when we were trying to get your toes to move. Keep up the good work!
  11. Healthyhip12

    Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

    Hi Dr Toonz. Whoa! I take a week off and all of this happens. OK, did you convert to normal rhythm? Are you taking a blood thinner to prevent stroke? (Aspirin works well). My husband has lone atrial fib and goes in and out of it all the time. I am forever reading his pocket heart monitor. I...
  12. Healthyhip12

    THR Trying to recover Post OP Feb 10th

    Well, I am sorry to hear this! Make sure you are the squeaky wheel when you see the doctor and ask him how he feels you are doing. Ask what the next step should be. People heal at different rates and your body may need extra time to process this new joint /heal nerve pain from hematoma. Total...
  13. Healthyhip12

    THR Feb 25 Birdlady moving to recovery side

    I don't think you should feel bad about taking hydrocodone 10/325 every four hours. It is a relatively weak pain med when compared to oxycodone. More convenient though because it can be called in.
  14. Healthyhip12

    THR Feb 25 Birdlady moving to recovery side

    Hi Birdlady! Coumadin is such a pain as it requires frequent blood testing and dosage adjustments to get therapeutic levels. It's effects last 2-5 days which makes dosing even more complicated. A lot of doctors like to use it though because it has been around forever and is easily reversed. How...
  15. Healthyhip12

    Bilateral THR Put2pasture is now garose2hip in recovery!

    Good morning! Hopefully you are allowing yourself the luxury of many naps and lots of ice. Gentle movement. Getting up to the bathroom is a workout! No pushing! The first week is all about sleeping off the trauma of the major surgery you just had. $25 is a very good price for a blood test (my...
Back
Top Bottom