THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

So glad your new hip is doing well @tashia......wow that month went quickly....hope it did for you too!! I can imagine how stiff your knee must be after the surgery....I think that was the worst part for me...and still is although my hip is doing nicely. Jeez, you lost 20lbs.....hoping you can make up the deficit now you are eating good food. It must have been bad in rehab to lose that much.....I need to book myself in there...could do with losing some lbs! So..you've got glue on your incision...it's strange how different surgeons do different things....although I had staples and they caused no problem at all. So glad you would rate your new hip a 10..... Success indeed.
Well Tashia over here in the UK we are having beautiful springtime weather after the storms and rain of the winter....I'm laying in bed with the sun streaming in and the birds singing ......great to be alive! Hoping the weather is being kind to you over there......loving reading about your recovery .....love Chrissie xxxx
 
Hoppy Nanny, The weather is great again today. A beautiful Spring day. Love this time of year. We are to have some rain next week, I sure hope so, My tummy is doing better but still have some trouble eating. Having some trouble with blood pressure being high. I think its just the surgrey and all the mess in the nurseing home. It so great to be home. I need to eat so I can get my strength back. Take care. Tashia
 
Every day I get stronger. My hip is doing great but still tender. Need pills every 4 to 6 hours. Before it was every two hours so going in the right direction by far. I do have some blisters on my hip were the tap was. I think its fine but Monday I might get it looked at. I am allergic to tape and now I am reacting a little. Even my body has had it. Thank God this is over. My tummy is getting better little by little. I do need to report what happen in the nursing home but not sure who to report too. Lossing over 20 lbs is too much in a three week period so that also has to be address. Also when you are in a nursing home they are not to change your medication without your ok. They changed it so much I don't even know what the one was that I started with. My blood pressure is going down so that is excellent. I am very close to giving up the walker. I find that I walk without it a couple times a day. I don't want to blow it now. I can do: Dress myself
Put my shoe ons
Get in and out of bed without any problem
Get in and out of a car without problems
Pills every 4 to 6 hours
Walk for 15 minutes at a time
Fix meals
do hair
shower
Sleep for a least 6 hours at a time
Can do all the exercises.
Very pleased with the hip
It look ok but does have some red still
scar looks GREAT
Knees are getting much better, bend coming back YES< YES,
Very pleased with it except for the red and glue that is still on the wound. Hip movement is Good.

I know everyone heals different so please don't compare yourself with me. I was hesite putting this up because I don't want to be compared to anyone. Everyone heals at there own rate. A lot of it I think is I have been here before so nothing much is new. And knowing what is coming helps so much. My first hip had so much pain and this one is controled. Also because I have been here before I am more relaxed. The first time is ruff. You worry a lot and try to get that pain control. Having the right doctor is over 60 percent of the battle. Remember I didn't have a cut in the back, I had it in the front so I don't have many restrictions. I don't have the 90 percent rule. I can bend over. REMEMBER ever recover is difference. Take your time. Do Not Rush. Go Slow. Don't push. If you swell you have over done it. Rest, Rest, Rest, Remember to take your pain pills around the clock. You obay the rules you will do ok. If you don't like what you feel or the way it looks, get it looked at. Take care you are so important. Every day that goes by is one day closer to full recover. Take care. Tashia
 
Great recovery report, Tashia. And the reminders about recovery are right on target. You definitely have this process down pat!
 
@tashia you are doing great!
My surgery will be April 10th, and I wish it would get here so I can get to where you are.
Enjoy putting some pounds back on. Maybe a yummy cheeseburger?
 
Hi @ tashia, just checking in on you. Sounds like things are moving right along wonderfully. I am so glad after that hospital expierience. Hope all stays well with you. Take care and keep on keepin' on.:thumb: Looks like we might be doing this on the east coast on Tuesday into Wednesday..:snow plough: I hope not. I thought we were finished with this stuff :tantrum:. Have a great day my friend.
 
I wish all my friends in the Midwest, and the East and South the best of luck with the weather. Our spring has been so wonderful so far. I head that Europe might be having some ruff weather too. Boy has this year been something. I do hope that all of you didn't fall this year. All the joints are happy with their new names and are now settling down. My faimily I hope and pray will do no growing for the rest of my life. I see the doctor next month for the last time. He feels like a friend and one of the family. I was so luck that he was able to do all four and have such good luck. As I said it is so important that you have the best. You deserve the best. Looking back I am so lucky. This four will no doubt keep me for the rest of my life. To say Good-By will be ruff because I have been his patient for over four years. I found out that he is almost in his fifties. What a gift to have him in your life for that length of time. Well the kids are getting tired and so is Mom so we are going to sign off and get ready for bed. Another day of physical therapy is tomorrow. The pt wants me to work on my knees so thay won't be so sore. The right hip has complety calmed down and being good. Also my right knee is also getting better. It still stiff but the left is the side that still hurts. Take care and remember that your recovery is yours and no one elses. Don't compare. Take care. Tashia
 
Today was a wonderful day with my pt coming over and giving me a exercise for the knees. My knees are bother me almost more than the hip. Right now the hip is hurting because I forgot to take my medication on time. OW. But will be ok in a little while. It so great to be almost all pain controled. I go to sleep and don't wake up until after eight hours. That is so nice. The biggest complaint is time is going so slow. I am bored already. I need to start reading one of my books. It is so nice to think this is it. No more. I don't have to wait for another surgrey. My tummy is a little upset tonight but will be better in a while. I had some dognuts today. First time in years. They tasted so good. It is so nice also not to have feet problems. This is a bonus I got was my feet got alined right by the knee and the hip surgies so I don't need the foot surgies. I really hope that I am all finsihed with surgies. I pray that all of us are finished after we get out new joints that we can go out there and have a life we all want so badly. Everyone take care and do be careful with the storms coming. Be careful. Tashia
 
Glad you had a wonderful day Tashia....hope you find something to stop the boredom....it really does get to you.....hope today is equally as wonderful....Chrissie xx
 
I find that I am feeling better and in less pain so now is my dangeours time for overdoing it. I need to get some refills tomorrow and then get back to recovery. This time is going so good but I do know that I need to pay attention or I will over due it and then trouble. My left knee is the one that is causing trouble. I think that it got hurt in the surgrey so it now must heal. I do have a apointment coming up so it can be look at and my hip. The scar is doing great. Still have glue on the skin but will wear off in time. We did have some exercitiement we had a thunderstorm and some hail. Not to far from me was a funnel cloud. We still have some more days of it. In the mintime we will keep low and heal. It doesn't seem possible to be close to April. Time is going so slow and then so fast. My hip is still swollen and tight. I am sleeping thru the nights most of the time. It think because it is the fourth time around it as it was before. Eat, sleep, ice, elavate, exercise, rest you get the idea. It is so worth it. Now that it is all over (the surgrey) I feel so free. I am findly getting interested in doing things because I can do something without saying I need to wait until after the surgrey. It really interferried in my life. But it was so worth it. The only thing I would say is listen to the doctors, get the best you can have. Do what they say and join Bonesmart so you can get a base of people to surport you going thru this. It is diffucullt. Also sometime very hard and painful. You can do this. If I did four you can do yours. Take care and make sure you go slow and make sure you take your medication. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia! Sending you a virtual bouquet of beautiful spring flowers! Your list of accomplishments is wonderful! Yes, you do need to hold yourself back a little and not overdo EXCEPT for when that spark of interest for pure enjoyment ignites. It is fabulous, isn't it? I noticed it one day when I came home from work and took my little dog for a short walk in the evening sunshine and even remarked to my husband, "I can't remember the last time I took a walk for pleasure!"

Your story about the nursing home is not uncommon. It amazes me that my patients who go there for rehab come home with weight loss and wounds. You did the right thing by getting the heck out as soon as you could. Take good care of yourself! :puppysmooze:
 
Hi @tashia, sounds like you have been doing very well. Glad you are getting enough sleep and are healing well. Try not to over do it. That's what happens when we start thinking we are feeling too good. Take good care of yourself. keep on doing... Still cold here, but at least no snow. Thank goodness for that. :yay:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!
@tashia, just dropping by to say "Hi!" and remind you to take good care of yourself! You're our very special bionic woman, and we love you!
 
Hi @tashia, we missed the stroms. I think this is it.. Spring maybe sprung. So glad you are doing so well. You are board. I was wishing for more time off. I did not want to return to work, but had no choice. Take good care of yourself. Don't over do it and pain meds.. don't forget.
 
Tonight I do have some concern. My left knee has really been iching. My skin is really dry and the knee is sore. My pain meds are taking control of the pain but the inching is really been a pain. I hope that nothing is wrong. i do get very dry after all the surgies I hope this is the same. My scar is doing great. I have been realised by the PT and the Home Nurse. I have been taking a easy today so that my trip to Cosco will be forgotten and the swelling will get better. My knee has been swollen since the surgrey so that isn't new. I am well enough to want to do something but not well enough to do it. I want to get sewing but I know I can't get sewing yet because I will sit too long. Today is surpose to be a big rain storm so will no dought stay home and maybe just go out for a quick lunch. I know I do need to walk but in the rain is another problem. Did get my hair washed so feeling to start to getting back to the everyday stuff. I did do some stuff with my sewing and looking forward to getting it done when it time. Everyone do take care and lookout for the weather. Tashia
 
The kids are happy now that they got their names on the site. Summer is having problems still but is better tonight after taking a easy today. We all did go out in the rain today and did get to have some fun. Tomorow will be another quite day and maybe all will be quite. If the rain gives a break we will get of ice cream soda. Did get to some sewing work tonight and it felt so good working on some of the ideas that I have for quilts. I think I can set a timmer and start doing some if I pay real attention to the alarms. With all the snow that is falling in the West its almost like Winter. Some of the ski resorts are trying to stay open for the bitter end. I think we are surpose to have over a foot of snow in the mountains. Everyone please be careful with all this weather. Take care. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom