THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@shrinkette YAY! You're going home! YAY! Such good news! You can get your hair done and your nails and pet your kitty and feel like a human being again!

Don't try to do too much when you get home, just take it easy and get better. You're in my thoughts and prays daily, as you now.

I went and signed up for that Silver Sneakers thing today and had a tour of the big Y here. The people were all very nice. I met another woman who is 86 and was just signing up, too. She is contemplating getting her second hip done (first 4 years ago) but must find a new surgeon. I think I'll go up and try the stationary bike tomorrow and talk to the expert there about the other machines, many of which I've never tried to use. Wish me luck!

Love to you, dear friend,

Milli
 
Ellen, I hope things are going okay for you. Continue to think of you and lift up prayers.
 
Hope yr vegging at home. With all the ben and jerrys u want.
 
@shrinkette Are you at home? How are you doing. Haven't had any news from you in a while and am wondering how you are doing. Please send us a post and update us! We are all pulling for you.

Love,

Milli
 
Hi, shrinkette......I hope you made it home okay. It's always better for healing to be HOME!!! Write when you can, hon. You have my prayers for a fast recovery.
 
@shrinkette. That is wonderful news. I hope you are home by now and doing well in the loving care of your husband. Just being on your own surroundings will take a lot of stress off of you. Ice and elevate and let the swelling go down. Still praying for you! Judy
 
Well, here I am -- home! Yup, arrived home on Thursday. Very glad to be back, of course. While physical therapy in rehab did restore considerable strength to my leg on operated side, I've got more to do on that end as well as wait for the fluid in that leg/foot to subside, which is putting pressure on the nerves in that foot, causing me very annoying & distressing numbness & tingling. So... They say it's a matter of time, but that I'll be fine. I started in-home physical therapy yesterday & hope the therapist is as good as he seems. He was quite optimistic.

Basically doing exercises as prescribed, elevating legs for fluid reduction purposes, drinking more water, walking around the house, and trying to be patient. Incision is a work of art & perfectly healed. I can enter/exit my bed, can -- for the first time in over 6 weeks -- flip to either side myself & sleep that way instead of on my back, and have no real pain that Tylenol can't cover -- mostly that annoying tingling.

Just saw my own doctor today for first time since before surgery, who also assured me I will be fine. Hope he knows what he's talking about. Enjoyed a lovely brunch afterwards with REAL food! This whole thing has really been far more of an adventure than I EVER anticipated!! I am using a walker because of the ongoing numbness issue, which, frankly, makes walking very unpleasant & unsteady. Really tired of this & anxious to feel normal. I think I know what the so-called "energy drain" means even this far down the recovery road because it takes little to tire me out. And I guess the "blues" have been around due to the unusual problems I encountered more than anything else, but I feel better when I see evidence of progress. Someone once wrote in a post, "THRs aren't for sissies." I second that. Hoo boy!!!

Sad to say that in my narcissistic state I haven't kept up with my BS reading, but I hope you are all doing well & feeling happy to have this behind you. What I HAVE been thinking about is just what I would say to those contemplating a THR, keeping in mind that my experience is not typical. Please know that I am always awed by your concern & interest & hope to be returning it. Love you guys. ❤❤❤
 
Hey girl, don't you worry about us, just take care of yourself. You sound more optimistic than I have heard in a while...good for you!! Enjoy your relative freedom and let your body heal. We will continue to send good vibes and prayers your way.. Judy
 
@shrinkette So glad to hear that you are home to your own bed and real food!! You sound really upbeat, which is extremely good to hear. Sending positive healing vibes your way!! Love you my friend!
 
Good to hear that you're home and doing okay. Listen to your body......okay? You will be tired and need lots of rest. It's when the most healing takes place!!!
 
You sound good- glad to hear it. Sounds like you are doing well all things considered. Sleeping sounds great- I still get woken by what I think of a nerve pains around my knee and calf and I'm 10 weeks out now. Keep on keepin on ;-)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
So glad you are back home Ellen @shrinkette and having progress in your recovery. It may take longer than usual but I'm sure in a few months time you will be back to normal and getting on with your life. Thinking of you and lovely to hear from you.... Chrissie xx
 
Hooray Ellen! So glad you've hit another milestone by coming home. Best of luck and remember, sure and steady wins the race! Peggy xo
 
hi ellen. so glad to hear you're home and resting and eating good food. I'm sure you can't wait to look back at all this from the real 'other side' but it sounds like you're making steady progress in that direction. I'm doing great, thank God. wishing the same for you. devorah
 
Welcome home, @shrinkette ! You're doing pretty darn well considering all that you have been through! It must be heavenly to have yummy food again - hooray!!!
 
Glad to read you are home Ellen! Hang in there - that energy drain is annoying but it's your body's way of telling you it needs time to heal. Take care and update when you can. We are here for you!
 
@shrinkette How are you getting on now that you are at home? Are you feeling better in general? I bet your kitty was thrilled to see you! Please let us know how you're doing.

Love to you, dear friend,

Milli
 
I am so thrilled you are home @shrinkette it has been a long road for you.

Enjoy your home, your own food, your own bed and just being home...there's nothing like it
 
I really like it when you say you can "flip" to one side or the other! YES! I remember back to the day when we were trying to get your toes to move. Keep up the good work!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom