THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such great updates!! You are an inspiration, despite your low moments as you kept at it ... bravo to you!
 
I know this sounds like nothing & people do it within DAYS of surgery, but it is what it is.
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!
@shrinkette, this is a really, really BIG deal. When it's something for you, then it's something for the rest of us BoneSmarties. Rest up for your outing and enjoy yourself---it should be a big boost to your inner spirit. Just know that we're all standing here on your sideline rooting
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!
for you all the way no matter how long it takes.

Keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Shrinkette Has Arrived!
 
Great news, Shrinkette..thanks for the update, good to hear. You are certainly a fighter and its paying off:D Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Yahoooo! Shrinkette is out and about! Well done my friend. So glad you have finally turned the corner and are seeing progress. Long may it continue!
 
Ellen, so nice to hear you're doing soooo much better! It has been a long haul and I'm sorry it didn't transpire the way we had hoped. But in the end, you'll likely have a good result and that's what counts. And I also love the new picture. Stay well Ellen.
 
Hi Ellen @shrinkette what great news for you. I can tell you are feeling more positive too because I've seen you out and about in the forums.

You know I think about you quite often....I remember all your nerves pre surgery and all of us realign believing that after your TKR (which are usually a bit tougher and painful) you would just romp this surgery home. I remember feeling your disappointment and frustration about your recovery and your foot. You dealt with it well Ellen and are proving that we can all get there slowly and steadily overcome our setbacks with strength and grace like you have.

I'm glad to see its slowly getting better for you

Keep up the good work
 
Hi Ellen - so pleased that you are seeing tiny steps in your recovery - hugs from OZ x
 
Thank you, BS buddies, for your ongoing support & encouragement. Yup, it's been tough, but when I think about where I WAS & where I am now, I'm hopeful. Been walking around my kitchen with a cane & holding hubby lightly on the other side... Can do it, but still too wobbly to feel safe enough. Stepped down into shower today totally on my own with no assistance... Another small step for mankind...LOL! Funny how we're used to feeling a cold tile floor under our feet. & when we don't feel that, it's a bit scary.

But anyway, Sally @Vetgirl ... you are indeed The Inspiration in these parts. The way you've handled your
infection & its concomitant issues had dazzled so many of us with your attitude, grace, & spirit. Yes, It's been a big, disappointing set-back, but you know that in time you'll be where you wanna be. Same for me & same for others like @dianehelen with her wound pump. Every living being knows that stuff happens, but it's usually fixable stuff. so we persevere and all is eventually well. Or nearly well. Keep the faith!!!
 
So glad that you are making improvements Ellen...it's great to hear!! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Ellen! It is so good to read about your triumphs! You are doing everything right by taking it slow and one step at a time. Patience is a virtue, you know! I know exactly what you mean when you say you need to get back to your life, but for now your life is recovery. I haven't been on Bonesmart for awhile, but will update my story. Keep up the good work!
 
@shrinkette Ellen, so glad to get on here and read of your improvements. So happy for you!! I know it's been a longer process than you ever imagined, but you're getting there! And the pain is gone!! Love your new profile picture! Happy Easter!
 
@shrinkette Sounds like all of your small steps are starting to add up. Keep up the good work. I know it's been a long haul for you but you're getting there.:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Yes, @teakea66 & others: The small steps do eventually add up to something significant & that's always very good for me emotionally. I'm getting more patient as I realize that my main focus right now IS my recovery. I'm encouraged but not unrealistic. Fortunately... I've got time.

PT has me on a multi-vitamin... Swears it will have me feeling better in a month. Could be good for me since my diet probably lacks a lot of the essentials. GP gave me the OK, too. Hard to bring in very healthy food when you don't cook & do takeout or eat in restaurants. We do observe portion control, which is saving us, & definitely forego the fast food places. I think we're ok so far.

Wish everyone a Hapoy Easter!
 
Hi Shrinkette, you are such a hero - with all you put up with. I think the multi vit will be good. I have started a pro - biotic last few days and that is helping too. Have a Happy Easter
Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, @shrinkette: Long time no talk. I'm glad it's all coming together. Your road's been a long one but it seems like it's getting sunnier. Have a happy Easter!
 
hi ellen @shrinkette . good to hear that you're feeling better and being able to do more and more. you know, I talked to my ex roommate in the hospital who had surgery (anterior also) a couple of hours before me with the same surgeon. she has something that sounded like you, but it's her thigh that's numb and she's still walking with a cane and says she 'walks like a duck'. I felt bad, especially because I'm doing well. but I guess it's just the way it is and as you say, everyone gets there eventually. hoping the spring brings you healing. devorah
 
Hi Ellen. I was just thinking about you yesterday. My attendance here has gotten very sporadic since school started in January, and I was thinking that I hadn't seen a post from you in a while. And then I see your thread today. Hooray....I'm delighted to hear that you are making definite forward progress. I'm still waiting for the one where you say you're so glad you had the THR....in spite of the difficult recovery. It will come.

Sharon
 
@miaow27 Thanks for the very kind words! I should try those probiotics, too.
@DrToonz Yes, long time. You are special -- we share the same surgery date! Glad to see that you are doing well with your new hardware & do hope you never abandon that optimism. I think it's probably helped a lot of folks here.
@dickinson Great to hear you're doing so well! Sorry about your ex-roomie (same name as me, right?) & her numb thigh. At least she's using a cane -- I'm not quite there yet, but close. PT says my gait is actually good, believe it or not. My numb foot feels my carpet fibers, so I'm gradually getting there, & have much increased leg strength.
@sharonslp Well, hi! Hope school (is it law school?) is going well & that you're continuing to dance. Good to hear from you -- you are always so wise & sensible, smart & funny. And you know what??!!! I AM glad I had my THR -- I finally said it -- despite the nerve/numb thing. Nothing beats NO PAIN and I, in fact, have none. I am very careful with my PT, no one has overworked me, & I love resting, elevating, & reading. I'm feeling stronger in general & that light is getting brighter.

Ellen
 
That is great news Ellen @shrinkette and it speaks volumes about how much the pain can be unbearable and affect so much of our lives.

I am still glad I had the initial THR despite my own complications. The pain from my infection reminded me briefly of how I used to live.....no thanks

Keep up the good work
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom