THR Trying to recover Post OP Feb 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Valinda...yes you hang in there! We will hang in there with you. I'm sure it will improve....hoping your trip to Hawaii will be able to lift your spirits...can I come with you? Do you see the surgeon again this week? Thinking of you...Chrissie xxx
 
Give yourself some time, 6 weeks is not very long. You will start to improve .... Hang in there!!
 
Well, I am sorry to hear this! Make sure you are the squeaky wheel when you see the doctor and ask him how he feels you are doing. Ask what the next step should be. People heal at different rates and your body may need extra time to process this new joint /heal nerve pain from hematoma. Total healing for a hip is 12-18 months, so don't allow yourself to get too discouraged ( although I do hear and understand your disappointment ). Distraction is an excellent coping skill so use some of this down time to catch up on movies and books. Also, you can pass the time researching Hawaii! I don't get to go this year because of my hip surgery, but my husband will be going at the end of April. ( his reward for taking care of me ) Recovery is such a trying process as it is basically a hurry up and wait affair. People can try to help, but ultimately you are the one who had to do it and feel it. Don't let that hip get you down! I'm thinking of an old Moody Blues song (On a threshold of a Dream) where inner man thinks back:
There you go man
Keep as cool as you can
Face piles of trials with smiles
It riles them to believe
The web they weave...
And keep on thinking free.

Oh, my gosh, I just proved my age. LOL

Rest, ice, elevate and medicate! Baby steps. Thinking of you and wishing you sweet success.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom