Recent content by braindoc

  1. braindoc

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    Hi Karringtyn ! Long time no post from me. Worked the last 2 weeks. This week full bore, including being on call. The hardest part? Fatigue. I was in surgery yesterday from 0730-4:30. Went to office and then home. Just crashed! Thought I was going to fall asleep driving! Went back to...
  2. braindoc

    TKR Braindoc recovering

    Thanks 1elisea! I am doing well. This is probably my last post! This site is awesome and has been great! But, I will be back at work soon. Once that starts, I am out! I told my hospital about BoneSmart and they are going to include it and the info in their info for total joints, we are a...
  3. braindoc

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    Hi Karringtyn! Great pics! You look wonderful! I posted to ice as well. BoneSmart has been great for me. But, I think I am done! I am heading to Memphis with my sons baseball team for a tourney. When I get back, I am back to full time work. Gonna be fun, but tough. It has been great getting...
  4. braindoc

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Hey Ice! I have been off here for a while. Arizona/Wisconsin game was a great game, must not the outcome I wanted! Kentucky game also great! I am doing well. Headed to Memphis this wee,with my son's high school baseball team. We are playing a tourney there. Should be great for the kids...
  5. braindoc

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Hey Ice! I have not been on here much. Son's baseball tourney was priority one all week. We won the whole enchilada! My ortho told me b4 surgery. You will hurt, ache and not feel right for at least 6 months. It is a year until you forget you had it done. That is what I tell SOME of my lumbar...
  6. braindoc

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    @karrintyn. Hey girl. Read thru a lot if these posts. I have not posted nor been on in a while. If it is any consolation to you, it is 12:30 in the morning and I am up because my knee aches so bad!! I know I am better than a couple weeks ago and continue to improve. But, I think the reality is...
  7. braindoc

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Conference tourneys!! Leading up to selection Sunday! I'm with you Ice! Villanova getting beat yesterday may knock them from a #1 seed. We timed our surgery well, so that we can watch some great hoops!!
  8. braindoc

    TKR Braindoc recovering

    @NuNe4Me, I am hanging in there! Drove to the office and saw some patients this morning. Honestly, it was tougher than I thought it would be. Transitioning from the exam chair to standing to examine patients and back and forth and then back and forth from exam room to my office. The trouble...
  9. braindoc

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Iceman, the Cats were brutal to Utah today!if they are shooting well, tough to beat. You will be fine on your ROM.
  10. braindoc

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    I am only working a half day. It will be fine. I am only going to see done office patients. No surgery. Lots of ice between patients. I love Toblerones also! @iceman: Alshon Jeffery is a stud! Ginormous hands. I am nit the biggest Cutler fan, though
  11. braindoc

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    Z@karringtyn, you are doing great, girl! You would enjoy my wife. She owns a store, sells home hoods, jewelry, chatzki type stuff. Check out Alex and Anni bracelets on the web. My wife sells a boatload of those. Hard to believe it is a month for me. Very little to no limp, except in the...
  12. braindoc

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Ice, glad to hear you are doing well. Golden state is a fun team to watch. Curry can shoot! That rainbow jumper. And 2 PAC 12 guts, Klay Thompson and my wildcat Igoudala. Fun team to watch. My Bulls beat the Heat a couple nights ago. LeBron got kicked in the face (unintentionally) I have a road...
  13. braindoc

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    @DogLoverx3, no designer bag for me! I may be a neurosurgeon, but I am just a normal Joe originally from Gary, Indiana! Ziplock bag with ice is right up my alley! Thanks
  14. braindoc

    TKR Braindoc recovering

    @speccybecky, I have tried so many things for hangovers over the years. The best, hydrate. Lots of water. Nothing else really helps. Proton pump inhibitors, PPIs, reduce stomach acid production and that is why they help with reflux. If you have a bad GI system after a big night boozing, it...
  15. braindoc

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    @Nana moon 27... Haha! Thanks. No offense taken at all! Wish I felt as good!
Back
Top Bottom