Guest viewing is limited

TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats my granddaughters puppy, the puppy's name is Oscar, We got like 4 family members to chip in to pay for him . My granddaughter will be 4 this year and her name is Sophia . She adores the pup like a baby brother. I peeled the glue off the incision just now . It looks great. Oh , im sorry to hear about your dogs fighting the otherday. It was costly , which is not cool . I had a gorgeous Alaskan Malamute a couple of years ago that bit my friends German Shepard, she almost bit off his ear. Im still taking it easy and feel its benefitting my flexion . Its only 80 but im happy . I did way to much , way to early . Weather is warming up over here this week , may start going to the local park and start pushups and situps . You a fan of the Premier League ? How about major sports in USA. ?? Hows PT ? Well its late here , ima try to go to bed . Take care , have a great day .
 
Looks like a French bulldog?
I'm a west ham utd fan I'm an east ender mate " cockney".
No not in to American sports.
Over done the PT yesterday I'm training my knee to kneel again on a soft surface!!
Just off to the gym now for a chat, then vets with Monty, then hydro pool.
Talk later mate. Foxy.
 
Ice, glad to hear you are doing well. Golden state is a fun team to watch. Curry can shoot! That rainbow jumper. And 2 PAC 12 guts, Klay Thompson and my wildcat Igoudala. Fun team to watch. My Bulls beat the Heat a couple nights ago. LeBron got kicked in the face (unintentionally) I have a road trip today. Our son's high school team playing 90 minutes away. They got shelled yesterday, 7-1. Fortunately, he was not on the mound. He may pitch today. That is my stress test!
 
@Karringtyn yeah thats what I thought, but it was my son who was too young ,17 years old , plus his mom is now turning 41 and her mom is 56. A great grandmother at 56 !!! Hey I peeled my glue off off my incision. It looks great , last night I rubbed lotion on my knee and wrapped saran wrap around it . I slept better and knee wasnt nearly as creepy feeling . My pt was rough with me yesterday, im gonna have a talk with him . However my knee is sore today but flexion much much better. I jumped out of bed to double check and loosen it up, sure enough my bend is better. im stretching my calf nowadays and massaging my quads alot more recently as they are tight . You sound happy !!! @braindoc , will D ROSE play this year in playoff ,?????? bulls need him to go deep in playoffs. did I read your from Gary Indiana? Are you the 6th Jackson ? Lol. Anyways that would explain your affinity for da bears and bulls . Alshon Jeffery hooked me up this past year in fantasy football. Hes a stud with Marshall and Forte. Free agency today ! Hey take care , dont overdo it . @RickSt hey sir , hope all is well there in Florida, I got a few things to do today but nothing to strenuous. Im going to pt , just to pedel bike , I wanna swing by my work to say hi to the guys but the more I think about the more I dont want to go . I see their ugly faces every damn day for years. Plus everyone will want to talk and blah blah blah. It will be like Elvis walked in the building . Ok sir , take care .
 
You still have glue on your incision? I didn't have any glue just staples and they are all healed up.......scar looks amazing....sexy I must say lol. Do NOT let that PT be rough with you. I tell them straight up. I will not stand for it (hell I wouldn't be able to stand after it!)
 
My OS said to use cocoa butter on the scars . I looked it up on the internet and it agrees along with massaging the scar as you apply it .

Rick
 
Well , Today I went to PT to talk to the Brut . But before I left the house , I took a fine point marker and drew a unhappy face with the words OUCH ! HANDLE WITH CARE ! IM HEALING! on my knee. Plus we had a good talk . Than he started talking scar tissue and MUA and blah blah blah . I told him that he hurt my knee and that it still hurt 2 days later. He apologized and promised he wont do it again . I told him that I will work my butt off to get my bend , I aint lazy and want to eventually get full flexion . I proved that by going to PT everyday to peddle bike and do other exercises since I started OPT. They gave me the OK to come as it want , as im scheduled 2 times a week . Thats pretty cool . im feeling real good , other than that one incidant with the Brut my recovery has been ....its early but ill say great so far .

My OS assistant Nicole is great , she pretty much answers the phone , when I need a refill. More celebrex and tramadol. No questions asked. I wonder if they get a commission. Anyone know ??????


Well got to go , hope everyone is doing fine , staying safe and warm
 
Hahaha, glad you get your meds refilled when needed. That is certainly one stress that no TKR patience needs to deal with. When I asked for another Tramadol refill yesterday (only my 2nd) as I apparently still need to take them to sleep, my OS's PA said 'okay *sigh* but this is the last time' .... uhm, wth?!? It's not like I take them for fun or sell them on the black market for heaven's sake.

I'm glad you had a talk with your PT and I'm very glad that you're not stressing over your ROM. It will come - you're just 4 weeks out. Keep up with the great attitude and remember not to overdo! Just 'cause you can, doesn't mean you should. ;-)
 
Yo @icep707 ! I know you're in the midst of PT and I recall you having some concerns. This publication just came out talking about the guidelines for knee flexion after a TKR:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24602550

Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2014 Mar 3. pii: S0003-9993(14)00142-7. doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2014.02.015.
Guidelines for the Early Restoration of Active Knee Flexion following Total Knee Arthroplasty: Implications for Rehabilitation and Early Intervention.


Basically, they looked at 108 patients who had a TKR and evaluated their flexion pre-PT and after 7 weeks of PT. What they saw was 90.4° at initial to 110.0° after 7 weeks. That was the average.

Anyways, it's some interesting reading...I think it's important to not only get personal experiences/testimony (ie, Bonesmart) but to also review the scientific literature and research as well. Plus, I'm a bit of a nerd at heart so it gives me an opportunity to get excited about dorky scientific stuff. Peace out!
 
@DogLoverx3. Hello, hope all is well , Do you have any offers in right now regarding the real estate. Is the market booming in Arizona. ? Politically with immigration and Top Cop Joe and all the Cartel activities , I would be frightened to move there . Heck I just described California . HA! From what I read on your thread, you could very well be on the ODIC committee . God know my first 3 weeks I was, however I dont recall catering a event ! What are your daily activities like nowadays ? Give belly rubs to your furry pets !!

@RedRider, Wedding must be getting pretty close. I bet you must be excited . Thanks for the info . These PT are brain washed . No doubt about it . They should all given a TKR and I bet their philosophy will change overnight . I really havent done any research on why some people get adhesions and some dont, activity levels and such . As for me reading , I dont do much . In fact ive read more on bonesmart than anything . Well take care my friend, keep us posted on your knee . !
 
Hiya Ice, well I put an offer in on a house over the weekend and it was accepted. I can't put my current house on the market until me, my pups & my hospital set up ;) are out though. Our market is picking back up and is very competitive in the price range I was looking in, so I was happy to find a house that I like so much even though it's tiny compared to where I am now.

Yeah, not all that proud to call myself an Arizonan these days. Joe is a nut bag and the whole 'right to refuse service' is absolutely horrifying.

Yes, I could absolutely chair the committee on the ODIC. Sadly it's a factor of my circumstances though. I do wonder how much better my recovery would be had I been afforded the opportunity to actually follow the mantra :(. I think @mcirish and I both kinda wonder about that. Darn self employment. ;) The wedding was unavoidable as I had committed months in advance and I could never let my clients down on such an important day. I just hope I haven't done any permanent damage having to be up on my feet so much. I am truly scared that my pain and swelling will be chronic....

Anyway, enough of my whining. Aside from PT, how are you doing? I like your avatar picture. Your granddaughter's pup is adorable!!! I think it's great that you go to pedal the bike each day however at just four weeks, that takes a lot of effort to get yourself ready and to the car and then to PT each day.....
 
Oh whoops, you asked about my daily activities. Is I've got catering events (usually 2-3 per week), I'm shopping, cooking, schlepping equipment, etc...I'm usually in pain and my knee swells big time. Even if I'm not catering, my knee swells and hurts. :( I'm almost 12 weeks, so I'm not sure if it will ever go away. I worked very little last week and took the week off from PT even, but my knee still gave me issues. Hopefully it will get better one of these days. . I went to Costco today & waved at the guys in the butcher shop in your honor :)
 
I tried uploading a pic of my scar weeks ago . But it kept saying pic too big . How do I make pic smaller . @Karringtyn . Any help would be appreciated .
@icep707 ...not sure if you were able to upload the picture yet, but here is a monkey brain solution from yours truly, McMonkey Brain:). If you open an email program, I think gmail would do, attach the pic. It should ask you what size you would like to send. Chose a smaller file size and just send it to yourself. Works perfect.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh whoops, you asked about my daily activities. Is I've got catering events (usually 2-3 per week), I'm shopping, cooking, schlepping equipment, etc...I'm usually in pain and my knee swells big time. Even if I'm not catering, my knee swells and hurts. :( I'm almost 12 weeks, so I'm not sure if it will ever go away. I worked very little last week and took the week off from PT even, but my knee still gave me issues. Hopefully it will get better one of these days. . I went to Costco today & waved at the guys in the butcher shop in your honor :)
@DogLoverx3 How much pain and swelling are you having? I am 11 weeks out and still have pain and swelling and I am sitting at a desk most of the day, so the swelling and pain, in and of itself, is not a concern. I do push it a little with my workouts, but nothing crazy. If you look at the surgery photos (I know, they are pretty disgusting) they are quite different from the computerized images in the brochures which show the implants fitting into these perfect little cut outs in our knees. There was some pretty rough work done in there, not to mention these large foreign objects that were hammered and wedged into your knee joint. Your body is still working on dealing with all of this and will be working overtime for several more months trying to normalize everything. I was concerned about the same things, but my PT and OS reassured me that this is normal (some continued swelling & pain).

That said, can you get a temporary assistant to help take some of the load off you as far as prep work? If anything, all this activity and workload could be prolonging your recovery.
 
Iceman, the Cats were brutal to Utah today!if they are shooting well, tough to beat. You will be fine on your ROM.
 
@braindoc I love this time of the year , march madness. I probably will do 2 brackets this year. I had a favorite team to win it all but I just forgot what team it was . Brainfart big time. My ROM is not great but its going up , today I made it to 87. From 50 last week. Pt is tough but in hindsight its working. You know your limitations with work so proceed with caution . Pain is very minimal , so im very grateful for that . @mcirish. How you doing my friend ? Hope all is well. Im gonna start lifting weights after week 6. Ive been going to the local park, putting on shorts and doing situps and pushups. weather is great and the scenery is green all over. Did you ever accept that job ?? Or you still a lone wolf . Best wishes . @DogLoverx3 I read some of your thread yesterday. Congratulations on the house. As for that unpleasant odor I hope it wont be there this Saturday. You are going Saturday ?? Maybe its her furniture and carpet or rugs or curtains. I doubt it soaked through the wood floors. Open windows and fresh paint should do the trick and a thorough wash. I had a similiar situation 20 years ago . Does she have pets ? Well keep up the good fight . Goodluck this weekend
 
thanks Ice! It's a long COE so I won't be taking possession for another 6 weeks! That's why I'm concerned. I'm hoping it's her furniture, but it's so odd that it wasn't there 3 days prior! she doesn't have pets and it was a human smell. Ick. Painting and flooring certainly weren't in my budget, but I still do love the house, so i'll do what is necessary.

My goodness you're out and about a lot! sit ups and push ups in the park?! please be careful not to overdo. so glad your ROM is progressing! slow and steady wins this race! keep up the good work and great attitude!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom