TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RickSt I too was married to an alcoholic! I met hubby online almost a year ago...he in TX me in NY. Congrats on almost 11 years!

@chestnc I LOVE scrapbooking....it does keep the mind busy and it can be so beautiful when done! Even if it's not it's still special! Are you working on one now?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Almost 8 months later...the aftermath
 
Good morning sunshines! @RickSt & Karringtyn, I'm glad you both found your 'better halves' after having gone through such difficult 1st marriages. I've not been married, but I dated an alcoholic so I know it's not a pretty thing and very very tough on the ones that love them.

Awesome pic sweetie! Love the new bike! xoxoxoxo
 
Hi @Karrington, I have not done scrape booking since last year when I made a nice graduation one for my cousin whose graduation occurred over a year ago. She thanked me for it, but I don't think she knew the magnitude of the amount of work that went into the project. A wedding one should be so exciting. Congratulations to you. I actually am in the mist of crocheting a blanket for one of the ladies at work for her retirement. I should be completing my taxes as well. So much to do so little time.
 
I don't know what it is about your posting/writing but I shed tears. The long post about your husband your angel really got me in my heart. The one you sent me on my post about how your brain works that could have been me writing that. I have never ever known anyone who could write down how my brain works but my goodness you so achieved it @Karringtyn! It's made me feel heaps better that I'm not going round the twist it is simply the way I am made! Thank you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
@Karringtyn just read your post on meds. My doc is the same. He will not change mine because they work but unfortunately it's morphine which means still not driving. You take what you need and when you need it. Not all of us can manage on bare Tylenol/UK paracetamol !!! We are all different and my doc has told me NOT to compare myself to others. He said I will make a full recovery but it will be in my own time and not before. He also said that I have to try and relax with all this and focus on getting well not getting back to so called normal!!!
 
@Nana moon 27 writing is the ONLY way I can express myself. I do public speaking/teaching also for a living, but my real talent lies in my writing. Thank you.......And I agree about the whole med thing and comparing to others. I truly am realizing this is MY journey...no comparison.
 
Hi @karrintyn just popped in to say hi! I hope you're ok? Xxxx

broken link removed: https://www.graziadaily.co.uk/win/archive/2010/07/06/win-a-beautiful-bouquet-of-flowers-from-flowe-red--every-month-for-a-year.htmEspecially for you x
 
I slipped yesterday using the stupid LOW toilet upstairs. Been hurting a little since. Pain is about a 4 now...very stiff as I just woke up. I Have to get ready....PT is at 11..
 
@braindoc I bet your wife was SOOOO happy to see you looking so spiffy!! Very nice. I bet the pant legs drove you crazy....they would me.......only thing I live in is shorts/sweats...
 
I've worn long pants on what few cold days we've had and they don't bother me . But then I wear relaxed fit jeans anyway . Down here long pants are seasonal so they last a long time . Shorts are the norm . I'll bet we didn't use our furnace but 4 or 5 days all winter .

Rick
 
So I went to PT. The receptionist (if you remember from previous posts...is an old friend of mine)...says..."Oh Luce you look great. I start to cry. I don't look great right now. I look exhausted, pale, and quite weak. It sucks. I see so much grey hair and sadness behind my eyes. Long story short...PT chatted with hubs and I.


This is a journey. There will be good days and bad days. The recovery isn't steady uphill....there will be setbacks....there will be dips down and dips up. I have to embrace it. PT went well....got all stretched out....says my bend/extention/flextion has improved quite a bit...she doesn't focus on numbers and I LOVE THAT!. Had to do that stupid exercise where my legs hang off the end of the bed....oh dear GOD I feel like I am going to FLIP when I do that one. IT HURTS. Afterwards I had TENS therapy and ice. OK I am in love with that whole thing now.

Hubs and I had quite the "tiff"....I blew up. I know it was misdirected anger. I am more mad at me right now. For not being over this for taking so long to recover. I PROMISED myself I would be back to work at 6 weeks. Now they are saying I won't be. I am disappointed in me. I need to be stronger. Handle the pain. Buck up and deal.

OCD is bad. We talked about it today. I HAVE to do the dishes....I HAVE TO vaccum and do laundry. No one gets it....but if I don't do it, I am a failure. A failure as a Mom and as a wife. The house has to be perfect. Though it isn't....because I have a freakin bed in the living room......

Anyway for fun....here is my NORMAL Living room....
[Bonesmart.org] Almost 8 months later...the aftermath
 
@Karringtyn whatever happens please make sure that your husband knows it's not him you're mad at but the situation. He needs to know. You have been lucky enough to find the love of your lifetime. Please don't blow it by a bad tiff and bit admitting when anger is misdirected. It is not worth it. Please don't let him sit there feeling that whatever he does for you isn't enough, because believe me that's how he is going to be feeling right now. When a man broods it's not good for him or you and resentment builds up very quickly. I don't want that for you two x x x

I've been told I more than likely won't be back at work at twelve weeks and I'm like this is too long. However, my doc has clearly said he's not sending me back until he thinks that I am fit and well, physically and mentally. He has told me to not even think about going back In a couple of weeks time like I thought I had to. That's twelve weeks then.
I hope you can get sorted Karringtyn xoxoxoxo (big hug for you) xxx
 
Hi @Karringtyn - hope you are OK. Just catching up with your thread and all the lovely photos.
I think @ Nana moon 27's thread is the 'Stop by, put your feet up and have a coffee and a natter' thread - I think yours is going to be the lovely (for the nosey ones amongst us like me) 'Lots of photos' thread. I think your living room looks SO comfortable. Is that the famous, really comfy couch????
Also, is your current avatar a wedding photo? Bit different from the ancient one I put on today! And, many thanks for the Anniversary wishes. XX
 
I've deliberately avoided your OCD but the only thing I'll say is this. A good wife and mother isn't measured by the cleanliness of her house. It is how much love you give to your husband and your children and give them all good emotional stability, good food and a loving environment. You are someone they can come to in times of trouble and know you are there to comfort them. That is the true measure of a mom. That has always been my personal priority and but my OCD is more work related because I have this need to prove myself, so it's different to yours. Mine is crazy. Yours manifests in the home. It looks beautiful. I can honestly say that my three kids now all grown up are decent, hardworking, loving, respectable adults who people love to be around. They are all in their thirties and still give us hugs and are always there if we ever need anything and vice versa. We always will put ourselves out for each other to support each other.

However, what a dream to live In such a lovely clean home x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxo (another hug)
 
Hi @Karringtyn I just reread my last post. I apologise if it sounds harsh or critical. What people do not understand is that OCD controls the person not the other way around. Unfortunately for you with yours it make you feel a failure as a wife and mother even though that is not true but it's what your brain screams at you and makes you feel. Mine does it to me at work it's horrid and drives me up the wall. Colleagues are used to my ways now but it irritates my husband when I sit up tweaking lesson plans, schemes of work and all the paperwork because my brain is screaming at me that I am a failure if I don't do this! Yet ironically, truth be told that is not necessarily a measure of a good teacher.

So please do not take offence at my last post it did read a bit harsh but was not meant that way. I was not saying there is anything wrong with your mothering skills at all. I wouldn't dream of it. Not ever. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom