TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dogwheels ah yes that is the comfy couch...though that is where the queen bed is right now lol.....thanks...lol I LOVE pictures.......

here is one I just made for our year anniversary...and yes that is our wedding pic from 8/17

[Bonesmart.org] Almost 8 months later...the aftermath
 
@Nana moon 27 Mine use to be about work. Some how I got a handle on that. The thing is my OCD and eating go hand in hand. I battled anorexia as a child (which led to bone density problems) and well now that I am on the opposite end of the spectrum....old habits die hard...and it is easy to just stop eating and control that part of my life when every thing else is out of control. I have hibernated from all my friends today. Four wanted to come see me.....I made up every excuse in the book....one came by with dinner and one came by with a bag full of Victoria secret and Body Lotions from bath and body works and sprays. All the stuff that just makes me happy. I have gotten so many gifts....so many beautiful things. I know I am loved. I just want my life back now. I want to be the me that is running all over the place, helping others....dropping off goodies for other people..baking dinner for others....I don't want the attention on me....I want to be dressed up....looking pretty and hair done...makeup done. Maybe that's what I need to do tomorrow....I just talked to hubs on his dinner break....he said I should go to my favorite craft store....it always perks me up...he is right.....maybe I will put on jeans, a smile, some makeup, and try to be me.....It's a goal.
 
Hi @Karringtyn it takes a while to get back into the world you know. I have found it really hard up until recently. I did all that putting people off reclusing into my room. Pretending to be asleep,when people rang every trick in the book. I think I needed time out to lick my wounds, feel sorry for myself and talk and communicate with people when I was ready. I can assure you though that if you do your hair and make up tomorrow it will give you a boost. To visit your favourite craft store sounds wonderful! This has to be about you for a while now. You have to try and accept that you cannot do the running about. Dog lover x3 and me know all about this one. We've learnt loads. For me it's about not being able to control things, not having my right personality. Being a miserable old bat at times. I don't know whether it's no because I cannot stress over work because it's all been covered out of my control which is weird and not normal. I'm finding I'm doing strange things like I went off on one about the shoes on the shoe rack not being in order, I moaned at his nibs today when we were making the bed because the deep turnover on the bottom sheet was at the bottom and not the top! Xoxoxoxo have a fabtastic day tomorrow, you'll really appreciate it x x x x x(hugs)
 
Hey Karringtyn:yay:, my you have really grown on a daily basis during your recovery . First off your hubby looks like a coworker of mine ! Mark. You guys really make a beautiful couple :friends:. You certainly are a picture person . Like my beloved sister. It must be a girl thing. I bought a camera at work and a cam corder that I never used. I never capture great memories. Ill have my Gf take picture of me tomorrow on my phone and email it to you . GF doesnt live with me so I dont see her everyday:happydance: . Went to pt today , I had a different guy today and he was pretty rough.:tantrum: I have been doing nothing for about 5 days. Flexion improving, thank God . I took your plea to heart ! Thank you very much:puppysmooze: . I still have 8 weeks off work . Thats along time . Ill start back to the gym in 4 weeks . I lost 20 lbs most of it muscle . As I lifted weights till surgery day . Im also so pale right now , weather warming up big time this week . I m gonna hit the park with my phone , listen to music and catch some rays . Ok kid , hope all is well. How are you feeling , movements and pain levels , appetite etc . Bye little sis :angel:
 
@icep707 hi big bro...yes I am definitely very photogenic! I too have lost close to 20 pounds.... I have at least 8 more weeks off and it kills me!!!! I can't wait to start back at the gym. Hubby is a body builder so I am excited to work out with him!! Thanks, I think we look great together...never been with a younger guy before! :) He is my sweetheart that is for sure. PT kicked my butt today....but te leg is getting straighter and straighter. Appetite is gone......hubs is getting Subway on the way home as I really haven't ate today.....I did quite a bit around the house today, but took it easy this evening working on all sorts of things. Watching "the Bachelor" finale right now....
 
Hi @Karringtyn - loved the photos. You are such a lovely couple and look so good together. Certainly a match made in heaven.
Enjoy your day. I agree wholeheartedly, a visit to a Craft shop would be perfect. My craft shop trips usually have to involve a bit of subterfuge as I never fail to buy too much stuff and have to sneak it indoors and secrete it away before my husband catches sight of it. I don't think my recovery is quite up to that level of speed and sneakiness yet! I have so much stuff stashed away here that I haven't used yet, he just doesn't see why I need more. But I do! That is something that all crafters will understand.
Your husband must be very special to actually suggest you visit the craft store.
Take care and have fun today. NM27's correct, a bit of makeup and some 'normal' nice clothes will make you feel great.
X
 
Hi @dogwheels LOL! My ex was like that. He cracked me up....after a few years he knew that I was hiding stuff and he would be like "OK fess up where are the goodies??"

Yes, my hubs is pretty amazing. He truly GETS me. I should explain what the craft store is...It's 3 levels of peoples crafts. They rent space to sell their stuff. It's like the heavens open up and the choir sings when I open their front door....ooh I love it.


Actually though I have decided today won't be the day that I do the store. I wasn't planning on doing all three levels....but just the main one....but I had a rough day of PT yesterday and then today....tomorrow and Thursday is PT again and then Friday is our anniversary....with our BIG date to the Mexican place and a little shopping. Today I need to rest.

Yes my friends reread that! I am learning. I am going to listen to my body. I have changed SOOOOO much in this.

It's been a month today. I am 1/3 there to the first phase of "partial recovery." The plan is at 12 weeks to gently glide back into work. I will only waitress 2 days a week....then 3...and then 4. That will be the most I will work ever. 4 days a week...about 18 hours brings in the same amount as a full time job.....yeah waitressing is lucrative....especially where I work it is a BUSY place. That's why the whole 2 days/week ease back into it.

Pain meds. I am taking Percocet 10-325 every 6 hours. I use ibuprofen a couple times a day. What a difference! I also take Xanax for my anxiety/ocd and it works great in combo. I finally feel like it's leveling out.

Knee is very stiff today. Hubs just got me a bottle of water and an ice pack as I wait for kiddos to get here from their Dads. Hubs will get them off to school then we have til 1 to chill till he goes to work for the day.

Plans for today? (One must always have goals....no matter how small)....

Watching some more of a series on Netflix and to work on my scrapbook some more. I do have more coupons to cut and a shopping trip to plan for hubs.


So..... how is everyone else doing? @icep707 @RickSt @Foxmyster1967 @Nana Mo @dogwheels @Nana moon 27 @Mimi2u @braindoc @Bluetechseeker and everyone else...catch me up! How did your Monday go?
 
Well what ever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy it. I know from experience that PT totally wipes me out for the rest of the day and a bit of the day after, so it's sensible to be sensible!
I'll tell you a funny story about my craft stash hording tendencies. A few years ago we lived in the Middle East. We only took 2 suitcases each out there, and when we left 3 years later we had a lot of stuff. We donated most of the furniture and a lot of my clothes, and had the estimator in to assess the freight for the container back to UK. What neither my husband nor the estimator had reckoned on was the vast amount of wonderful crafting stuff that I had squirrelled away in the time we were there. When the packers came there were so many cartons of fabric, trimmings etc..... and no way that I could hide it. Every carton had a great big label on that said CRAFT. OUCH!

X
 
Hello @Karringtyn you sound so chirpy and happy today it's infectious and lovely. It's spreading right across this site! I'm still feeling good. Knee played up a bit earlier but it's ok now. I didn't take quite enough meds at bedtime so I know tonight to adjust that accordingly. I'm on my own today, so I'm going to have a nice shower, do my hair, touch of makeup and walk round the corner shop. I need some envelopes I cannot believe there is not one in this house. However, thinking about it I do so much electronically emails, texts etc I suppose I've just not replaced them. I'm glad you've got such a positive outlook and making plans, it definitely helps. On the rare days out we plan I actually get excited now problem is husband can't walk far as he had pilonidol abscesses in between his bum cheeks which he refuses to have done. He's had them done three times. I keep saying to him get them done now while I am not at work and can help look after you. He will not go and this ruins things for us both but he will not listen x x x stubborn and foolish x x x any way enough of that you have a fantastic day you deserve it x x x such a beautiful couple x x x
 
thanks ladies!!! LOL @dogwheels labeling CRAFTS...a little obvious...hmmm next time....TOOLS!

@Nana moon 27 thanks.....I LOVE how we look together...I love how that man looks at me.....I just melt. When we first started dating my friends were like "YOU ARE A COUGAR!" and the age thing was like hmmmmm..our connection was strong I KNEW age was nothing. He is 14 years younger than me....but you would never guess it. He is more mature than my ex who is 20 years older than him..... I love him. Simply said. I LOVE THAT MAN!
 
And you know what @Karringtyn I am over the moon for you. You look fantastic, he clearly makes you happy and that's what life should be like about. Happiness,love and security. Age is simply a chronological number that means nothing. Love will always cross ages without discrimination, older, younger it doesn't matter as long as the people involves are truly happy x x x well done you were truly blessed x x x x I would also say I think at the outset your friends were a tad envious!!! Xxxx
 
Z@karringtyn, you are doing great, girl! You would enjoy my wife. She owns a store, sells home hoods, jewelry, chatzki type stuff. Check out Alex and Anni bracelets on the web. My wife sells a boatload of those. Hard to believe it is a month for me. Very little to no limp, except in the morning. I went to an office meeting last night. Felt good to contribute (other than paying the overhead) I am going to see 4 patients in the office Thursday morning. 3 other physicians have called me with their own Neuro issues. They wish to see me, that is good for my ego. So, I will drive in, work 3-4 hours, the nice and elevate!
I actually see some light at the end of the tunnel, finally. Have a great one fellow knees
 
Hi @Karrington, your pictures are just so lovely, you are beautiful, and you both certainly make a good looking couple. It is so wonderful to read about a happy marriage, we are truly blessed when we achieve this in our lives. I hope you have a fantastic anniversary. Our next anniversary will be our 36th, and now we are retired together it gets even better.
Tobelerone is a wonderful chocolate,do you have it over there? It has almonds and honey in it, ooh, I wish I hadn't started this conversation, I want some now.
I'm resting now, it's nearly supper time, but as usual I'm staying out of the kitchen. We had a walk this afternoon, and combined with the Pilates class this morning I've probably overdone it again, my knee is very painful, but, hey, I expect it will recover soon.
Take care xx
 
@braindoc you are ONLY at 4 weeks? Why are you returning to work? Now I am worried.


Yes I think we have that chocolate here,,it's weird shape......

My stomach hurts today. Been twisted with nerves and emotions today. It's near 60 degrees here in NY and I am stuck in this stupid house. I should get out....I should try a walk....but honestly I have NO desire. If I could drive, that would be a different story. I was told yesterday I am overdoing it greatly...I am really trying to take PT orders and resting as needed. Today involves lots of resting.
 
Toblerones are AWESOME!!!! They come in a triangle shaped box. Now I need to get one next time I am out! Just got back from a very brief trip out. Went to my fav store and bought a nice springy colored sweater. Can't wait to actually go somewhere where I can wear it!. I am loving the silent perk of weight loss with this surgery. I may need to shop before I head back to work......I am NOT complaining about that one. Of course if I get too many Toblerones I won't need to.
 
I am only working a half day. It will be fine. I am only going to see done office patients. No surgery. Lots of ice between patients.
I love Toblerones also!
@iceman: Alshon Jeffery is a stud! Ginormous hands. I am nit the biggest Cutler fan, though
 
I feel somewhat responsible for this Toblerone craving .... it spread from my post. Sorry all :heehee: X x x x
 
Hi @Karringtyn that anxiety is the pits. The gut twisting, wrenching black hole...yuk! I hope to goodness that you are feeling better today. Did something trigger it off? Please let me know. I am concerned about how that final post sounded. It was in complete contrast to others you had posted in the day. It rings alarm bells. Sorry but I've been there x x x x x I just need to know that you are okay please? X x x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom