Recent content by birder

  1. birder

    THR my new hips

    Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way @Gone again.
  2. birder

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    Hi @Mojo333. Hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving! Checking in with a few folks to say hello. I thought of you and how busy you must have been at the food bank. Hope all is well with you.
  3. birder

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Congrats @Layla on your new position. Well deserved and you are such a positive, calming presence! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.
  4. birder

    THR my new hips

    Just checked in to wish you well with your surgery @Gone again! Best wishes for a speedy smooth recovery!
  5. birder

    THR THR June 12th: Return to work tips

    Hi @Mojo333! I was wondering how you are doing. Hope you aren't overdoing it and taking care of you. I do miss the bird songs in the cold winter months here. I guess all the seasons have some benefit. Makes us appreciate the warm weather more! Take some time to relax this weekend!
  6. birder

    THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

    :flwrysmile:Hi@MyAussieGirl. So glad to hear you had a good checkup and you are doing well! Hope you have an enjoyable weekend. Don't overdo and get enough rest. Take care
  7. birder

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Hi@Layla I read one of your posts about feeling sad that the flowers are dying and the weather is turning colder and gloomy. I don't look forward to winter coming either. Many of my little birdie friends left on their fall migration earlier in September. The little wooded area near our home has...
  8. birder

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    Happy for you @GrannyC! So glad things are going well for you. I also have some lingering weakness in my thigh muscle but gradually it's improving. I'm starting to go down the steps normally but still working on going up! Take care and have a great weekend!
  9. birder

    THR THR June 12th: Return to work tips

    :bored::tiredwheel:Hello @Josephine and thank you for your reply. I'm just really amazed by this whole balance thing post THR. It was never explained to me by my OS or PT so I guess I'm a little surprised that it wasn't. Very thankful for this site, otherwise finding information is not very easy.
  10. birder

    THR THR June 12th: Return to work tips

    Hello All. Hope everyone is having a good week. My update. Saw my OS yesterday and we looked at x-ray. Placement of prosthesis is good and bone growth! So happy. I continue to work on left quad strength. When I went back to work on August 28th I could barely make it up our hospital walkway...
  11. birder

    THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

    @MyAussieGirl I hope all goes well at PA appointment. Sending positive thoughts your way!
  12. birder

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    You look great and so happy@dougie2016! To echo what the others have said...you are an inspiration. Happy for you that you are doing what you love!
  13. birder

    THR my new hips

    Hi @Gone again. Best wishes that all will go very well for you.
  14. birder

    THR Cpollock Surgery June 19, 2017<

    Hi @cpollock. That's nice you'll be cellebrating your dad's birthday. It's hard when they have to stop driving. I remember when I had to take my dads keys away. He passed away 17 years ago from Parkinson's disease - miss him still but good memories. I wondered about the dental appointment...
  15. birder

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    Hi @Mojo333 This recovery takes time. I read elsewhere that because our gait and posture etc where out of wack for so long, there is a lot of readjustment that takes place for many months. The pelvic area and spine and musculature are all involved. Hope all have a restful weekend. Having some...
Back
Top Bottom