Hey gang, just finished off the week from hell: Fundraising week! There were two 12+ hour days in there. Last Friday, I got to work just before 6am. put in 10hrs then drove home, changed clothes and went to a charity gala. We got home at 11:30 pm. The hip was good. We even won some swag.
Pretty much back to normal. I have been riding the bike regularly. I will be going up another 5 miles in distance this weekend. One of my cycling buddies has agreed to babysit me.
Life is good.
@labanan Oh yes! Pain free 99.99% of the time. I still have a little grab or twinge occasionally, some tapping and an occasional squeak. But only if I pick up something off the floor or put on socks. DW is going to have additional shoulder surgery. A tendon to her pec that they had to cut then repair during shoulder replacement came loose. So, back to the surgeon for a scope on Dec 5. So, if something is on the floor, Tag I'm It. I have grabbers, but I don't think so.
@Mojo333 Woo Hoo! I'm back. Felt good on the bike yesterday. The fundraising week went good. I have the stamina to go 50+ hrs in a five day week again. Not sure that is a good thing....
We are probably staying home for Xmas. DW will have her arm immobilized in a sling for 3 wks. I told her I'm dressing her funny. We really don't think driving 400 miles one-way too see kids and grandkids is the best idea. All we do is run around trying to see Everybody once we get there. Only one of us can drive, load and unload the car.
We are going deer hunting over Thanksgiving. I can't wait to camo-up and hit the woods. Doing that hasn't been much fun for the past 5 years. I'm looking forward to hiking and four-wheeling. And fishing!
Peace, Doug