THR Glad to be in this side<

Happy for you @GrannyC! So glad things are going well for you. I also have some lingering weakness in my thigh muscle but gradually it's improving. I'm starting to go down the steps normally but still working on going up! Take care and have a great weekend!
 
Hi Layla and hi GrannyC - so glad things are great for you.

I underwent total hip replacement surgery in late June. Since then, I have had some pain - according to some knowledgeable people, due to excessive exercise; nevertheless, I have decreased my exercise and, therefore, my pain.

It has been some months now, and I have much less pain and I walk only with a cane. I am planning a trip in a couple of days, also. Overall, I am doing well. I hope to get even better at the six-month mark.

Anyway, thanks to all of you and, please know, that you WILL get better even though, in the early days, you feel scared and weak.

Denise.
 
Good report! I still get stiffeness, in part because they could replace hip but not the rest of my bones! I have heard healing can continue for two years, and I still notice small changes. So worth it not being in pain (which is why I a getting right done before I am in tears (unless it gets really bad over the next 2 1/2 months). Keep posting--you make me smile!
 
MammaT - I still get stiffness, too. We can look forward to small improvements along the way. Great, good luck to you, sweetie!
 
MammaT - you will NOT suffer pain for two years. I am over four months out and already my pain is lessening. You will overcome!
 
Hi - I went on my trip and walked a lot with my cane. Amazingly, I suffer little pain after almost five months now. I went to a casino and walked and walked but, afterwards, I suffer little pain. Yay!
 
Hey @GrannyC
Hope you're having a good week.
Missing your easy breezy, common sense posts on the forum.
So helpful to many. I know I loved when they showed up on my thread.
Sending a flower :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @Layla . Just getting rid of a cold and have been keeping very busy. I really should be on the forum more. Thank you for the flower! I hope you are continuing to do well.
 
Sorry you've been under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.
We have been inundated as is the norm thus time if year and everyone had been coming in coughing and sniffing....I have gone through two industrial cans of Lysol this week.
Don't have time to be sick.
 
Grateful for you...and all you did to encourage me through my toughest recovery times.
Bless you this Thanksgiving, @GrannyC
 
Dragged you up to the front of the line to say :hi:
Hope you're doing well.....busy time of year.
:window: :santawave: :box: :reindeer:

Wishing you a great weekend @GrannyC
 
Good morning GrannyC. Hope all is going well with you.
Do you make Christmas gifts? I am so uncrafty...but I told you my mother was a prolific seamstress.
Have fond memories of every Christmas getting a new flannel gown and a new baby doll with matching gown. Last one I remember was red and white striped, called it my candy cane gown with the mandatory rick-rack sewn across chest and bottom.
I'm sure I didn't appreciate the work that went into our homemade clothes as we had very modest means and I was envious of people who had tags in their clothes.:heehee: We didn't think "custom"
Hope you after getting the Christmas spirit.:tree lights:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom