THR Layla's Recovery

Congratulations @Layla on your new position! It is very well deserved as you are always right there with comforting thoughtful posts for everyone. Good job!!
 
Thank you for your kind words @EmEm
I've so enjoyed followed the journey of the Fab Four. Seven weeks post op already, time sure does fly.
You're all doing great and it's wonderful!

Thank you @Gone again
YES! I do remember them! All I recall is the pots as you mentioned and an annoyingly
repetitive song, We are Devo...D-E-V-O......so brutal!
I don't even think they'd qualify as One Hit Wonders, haha.
Monday will come quickly. Prayers all goes off without a hitch. You know we'll be
here waiting for your recovery thread....

Thank you @GrannyC Your kind words match my feelings about you.
But you already know that as I've gushed over you a few times Lol!
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
 
Layla, I always looked forward to reading your positive comments. Congratulations sweet Layla!!!:flwrysmile:
 
That's awesome @Layla on being appointed a forum advisor; you are will do great.
Our Canadian Thanksgiving was on October 9th and that was at my parent's place; I never cooked.
I was just reading on @MyAussieGirl about your not so love of cooking a big meal. I can't say I blame you, that's a lot of work to do a turkey and all the trimmings; even with some help with clean up it's difficult. Last weekend was my husbands' birthday and I made a ham and all the trimmings and had the whole family out for supper followed by cake. I was worn out when everyone started showing up just after 3 then waiting on everyone for tea, coffee, wine, or whatever they wanted. And set out snack stuff and did refills, watching the food etc... Then washing and putting stuff away before the cake come out; more pots of tea or wine refills etc..... I was glad when everyone left around 8 or so. It was way too soon even at 5 months out for me to do all that. I was exhausted and sore the next day and limped around more than usual for a couple days. Christmas is at Mom and Dad's; at least they will have everything on the go and I can take it from there in the afternoon. I would like nothing better myself than to buy a $30 ticket and go to the Medicine Hat Lodge buffet they put on - but my Dad would never hear of that. Anyways, @Layla please try and not overdo it though that's hard when you're hosting. Really consider the going out somewhere option; it's about being together with family and being grateful for all your blessings and family isn't it? Take care, I wish you well. Cheryl
 
Hi Cheryl, @cpollock
Always so nice to hear from you. Thanks for the vote of confidence, you are very kind.

I remember you already celebrated Thanksgiving awhile back. The tradional Thanksgiving meal is a lot of work.
Today we finally nailed down a plan for tomorrow. My daughter is preparing about half of the meal at her house. I will prepare the other half here. Unlike me, she likes to cook. I bought a bunch of those throw away aluminum pans that we're both going to use so that's half the battle right there. My son, his wife and my grandson are cooking at home this year so it will only be my daughter and her crew which will amount to about 5 of us. Very tolerable!

It was nice of you to host a party for Gary's birthday. I sure hope he's finding some relief these days....and feeling better. I can imagine how exhausted you were after all the prep for his party. It IS a lot of work. I find is stress inducing also.

I'll bet you're hip is feeling stronger week, by week. Christmas will be here before you know it marking our 1/2 yr
point. Time flies. I hope you're having a good week and best wishes for a peaceful relaxing weekend!
 
Hi @Knitquilt
Thank you for the kind words. I hope you're still progressing and feeling great after that wonderful doctor visit you had last week. Hopefully your energy level is slowly increasing. It takes time. Don't know if you have big plans for Thanksgiving this year. Ours will be low key which is fine with me! I've been dragging out bins of Christmas decor the last couple days and because it's only my immediate family over for dinner tomorrow I may just decorate the Christmas tree.
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
Thankful for your kindness to all.
Super star Layla.
 
Congrats @Layla on your new position. Well deserved and you are such a positive, calming presence! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.
 
Thank's for your kind words @birder.
We had a quiet Thanksgiving. Just hubby and I, my daughter and her clan.
My daughter and I split the cooking which was nice.
All traditional Thanksgiving food with the exception of the turkey.
Hubby grilled a couple organic chickens which were good. I'm not a huge turkey fan, myself.
I put up our tree and decorated it that night and now we're onto the next holiday.
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and that your hip is treating you well. You'll soon be at that 1/2 yr point.
Best wishes for a great week!
 
Congratulations on the new position Layla.....Madame Forum Advisor. Your words are always encouraging to everyone.
 
Congrats, Layla! I've seen so many wonderful, supportive and caring posts from you on various threads so I know the new position is well-deserved! And I'll have to weigh in with you all on trivia/old shows, etc. I've had great fun going out dancing with a group the last few months (started a few weeks after my first THR as a means to continue rehab and have fun at the same time) - some of the best nights have been when we have gone to dance to disco and other 80's groups! The pain in my non-surgical hip from dancing is part of what drove me to getting the other side done so soon (that and having to sleep in a recliner).
 
Thank you for the kind words @Bumblebee
I've so loved my time here and have learned so much through others experiences and willingness to share.
It only feels right to give back. I've enjoyed your posts also as well as those shared
by @SaraK
All who take the time to share expertise, thoughts, feelings, emotions and compassion in offering up support is what makes this site great. Oh....humor too. Have to have some daily humor in life!
Thanks to both of you.

Yay for you SaraK out enjoying life and dancing with your new hip. You know we'll be here, walking along with you, in a mere few days on Dec 2nd. You're going to do great!
 
Hi Layla, saw this on GoneAgain's thread.

I was wheeled in by two nurses and saw two anesthesiologists, that's it......OUT COLD. Has anyone one else ever contemplated any of this or am I just waaay too analytical? Possibly it's a control issue? I had to relinquish control?

I had a few moments where I felt the same way. Think it's more being self protective rather than controlling and also one of curiosity. It's def a leap of faith where you hand yourself over to people you've never met before and it's a mystery (to us) of what goes on when we're under anesthesia.

I asked to stay awake for as long as possible during OR prep and watched the male techs, female nurses and anesthesiologist doing their busy work. Didn't see the sales rep and didn't know he'd be in the OR too. About six people were there. Only saw OS a few minutes before surgery. No one took notice of me lying there on the gurney. I had a huge curiosity and wanted to see it all but OS doesn't allow patients to remain awake.

After the spinal, legs went numb and I was transferred to the scary hana table by two techs. I saw two nurses re-position me and strap/force my very stiff and arthritic legs into the boots (poor legs, no ROM whatsoever!). Arms were stretched out and strapped onto the table, was in the awkward atlas man supine position. Nurses cleaned and draped the skin and hip area, inserted the catheter (not so bad) and then w/o warning it was lights out.

Noticed I was wearing a different gown when I awakened in recovery and had bruises on my elbows.. did I try to get up? Perhaps it's just me but I felt shy over this part, being cleaned and undressed while strapped to a table in a room full of upright and clothed people :blush: . Here I just had major surgery yet was worried about my modesty! They stick electrode patches on your chest area to monitor your heart, sure hope I was covered up and while it's probably just anther body to them, it's different when it's you :snork:

It was def worth it of course, this is just one of the left over remnants from having a first ever major surgery. I couldn't find any OR details online, seems it's info kept among medical people.

Today, I couldn't care less, hip pain is gone and the medical people will likely experience being a patient too at some point in their lives. It's a right of passage :)
 
Last edited:
@Horseshoe - let's just go with the concept that they changed your jonny because the first one got blood on it during the operation

I saw more of the people in my OR this time around - OS actually sitting there reviewing notes when we came in. I hadn't thought about a sales rep being in there either before a PM from another SuperPath patient that said MicroPort always had rep there. I think I picked out which person that was although no one ever said anything.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom