Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Getting some weird aches this week. Don't know where coming from. Go back to doc for follow up and assuming X-ray's on Nov 7.
Even after 6 months , I guess we can still get a little paranoid.
Will feel better when X-ray's show that stem is firmly in place.
My health is still phenomenally better...and I hope my hippy buds all have a great weekend.
 
I haven't been in a boat in a few years. I've thought of getting a fishing kayak but with with the hips it was out of the question. Nothing's better than to be out on a lake before dawn. It's so peaceful. I was raised on the coast and had many fishing boats. now I'm inland and enjoy the lakes. That do take a lot of X-rays but I don't glow in the dark yet.
 
Getting some weird aches this week. Don't know where coming from. Go back to doc for follow up and assuming X-ray's on Nov 7.
Even after 6 months , I guess we can still get a little paranoid.
Will feel better when X-ray's show that stem is firmly in place.
My health is still phenomenally better...and I hope my hippy buds all have a great weekend.
I've just read through your last few pages of posts @Mojo333 and am happy to hear of your progress, awesome. I'm sure what's going on this week is normal but you will have your reassurance soon after the x-rays. The prostheses is foreign to our body and I read somewhere that it can take many years for complete healing. So some aches and pains along the way are expected. I have more stiffness than I like and occasional tenderness and the occasional zinger and am 4 months post op. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Mojo333 This recovery takes time. I read elsewhere that because our gait and posture etc where out of wack for so long, there is a lot of readjustment that takes place for many months. The pelvic area and spine and musculature are all involved. Hope all have a restful weekend. Having some beautiful weather in NE Ohio!
 
“He is in crisis about what he will do. His health not good and memory getting bad...and he is on a driving hiatus which may very well be permanent...he seems sad.“

@Mojo333 I saw the above quote about your dad who is just turning 80, in @cpollock ’s thread. I wondered if maybe your dad couldn’t still volunteer a bit at the food pantry, just so he feels needed. It has to be very difficult to loose all your independence since he can’t drive and then to not go to work either would be difficult for anyone. I’m sure some door will open so he cheers back up.
 
Leave it to Granny C's soft heart to be seeking out solutions. Great idea! @GrannyC

There is something to be said about keeping busy, occupying one's mind, feeling needed.
Hopefully there is a solution so your dad doesn't get depressed, feeling like he has no purpose.
If losing the car keys and job are happening at the same time it may feel overwhelming to him.
Prayers for your dad @Mojo333 and wisdom as a family, that you're led to do what's best for
your dad physically and emotionally.

Hope your aches are fading and wishing you a great Sunday!!
 
C'mon now.....you can have a beer if you'd like! :happydance:

I didn't even think of auto correct :heehee:
I thought you were serious and being funny. :cheers: Freudian slip maybe?
@Mojo333
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

Keepsake for reminding me to be good.
 
I WILL be having a beer day, along with putting some scallops and shrimps on the barbey today in honor of our Aussie compadres.
It will be 88 here today and then will rain for the next two.
Plan on ending day with for by pond, and hope to see some of those shooting stars from the meteor shower if doesn't cloud up.
Then, it's back to the grind:tiredwheel:
 
Wow....a matching set.
Print 1 and Print 2
Where does one purchase those? Betcha they're spendy......
@Mojo333
 
I'm quite sure I'll have a matching set one day myself....but hopefully not anytime soon.
For now.....I'm good!
Hope you have a great week! @Mojo333
 
You too, Layla. Don't wish another one on you.... we do what we have to I guess.
Knowing we have commiserating comrades does make recovery more bearable. Thanks for always being a soothing spirit.:thankyou:
 
So, my lower back on my right side started having an ache and then a pinch. Just ever so subtle for a little while. Noticebly worse when sitting or laying down. Put most off to things still getting back to kilter after years of bad hips.
But now it is starting to get noticebly worse. When sitting, it's my lower back at sacrum area and tailbone...seriously getting worse no matter if in upright sit or reclining.
Then the dreaded part, when I lay down. I have so been enjoying my new-found sleep.
Could it be SI joint? Got no idea. Have been lifting heavier items, I forget not to alot...but this is not back muscle type feeling.
Any who, hate to admit I have any issues as when I stand up straight, and even most of day when up and active, no pain, especially not hips.
Somewhat nerve wracking...like a now what? thing.
Well, OS appointment soon, so guess we will try to figure it out then.
 
Last edited:
It's going to be 80 degrees today. Have to have some of that!
Dumb baby shower to go to later...Ooh that was mean ! Sorry, but it's too nice to be inside at baby shower.
Daughter's good friend, so...
Don't invite me to showers, weddings or birthday parties except for close family. I hate having to put on my "hi, and how are you" face after a week at work.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom