You never complain @cpollock. You might explain what's going on with you but it never sounds like griping.
I wish I had some of that...I can get high strung at times.
It's what we love about you.
Things are continue to get better, I believe!
Hope tomorrow is a good day.
You have a good weekend too @Mojo333 I just finished work now til Tuesday and have a good book to read from the library and may watch a movie. Tomorrow I am baking a cake for my Dad's 84th birthday on Sunday and a few little projects around the house to do. I will do a little and read and do some more. Sunday I will head to town and spend time with my parents and we're all going for supper then having cake. Monday afternoon I go to the dentist for fillings and not looking good forward to that. My OS said it was OK after 4 months and I have an antibiotic to take an hour before my appointment. I have another appointment November 20th for fillings on the other side too then my teeth cleaned in December. More antibiotics for each go but it's just 2 pills before the appointment and that's it. I guess this will be protocol for 2 years then after that I won't need to take antibiotics for dental work. I'm still feeling the stiffness in my hip and limping around and I expect this will last a while yet, being patient about it now that @Josephine reassured me on this last week. What a blessing to have her. I wish you all well. Cheryl
Hi Cheryl! @cpollock
Hopefully Josephine's reassurance gives you peace of mind. While we are four months out, it's still pretty
early in the recovery process. Many mention it takes a full year. I've even read up to two years, so you're doing okay! I hope your husband is suffering less with his RA these days. It has to be tough on both of you.
Lots of dental visits coming up. Not normally on the list of Fun Things To Do.
Wishing you a peaceful weekend as celebrate your dad's 84th birthday.
Hey @Layla I agree it's still early days for us both yet. And yes Josephine has reassured me and offered advice on numerous things. My husband is not improving, I think the specialist might be changing the biomedical drug again. His white blood cells count which needs monitoring because of the drug is dropping which isn't good. I hope that things begin to turnaround for him soon. Thanks for asking. I wish you well. Cheryl
I'm so not domestic. Can't bake, my daughter told me when she was in 5th grade she would prefer I send store bought cookies to her school party.
What kind of cake are we baking?
My father turns 80 Dec 1 and I'd retiring from 30 years of directing food bank along with retired from Air Force and Postal Service.
He is in crisis about what he will do. His health not good and memory getting bad...and he is on a driving hiatus which may very well be permanent...he seems sad.
Hope your Dad is doing well.
I'm making a chocolate cake and mom will bake a kind also. With my sons and brother etc there will be 12 of us at supper then we will go to mom and dad's for cake after. That's funny @Mojo333 about your baking skills. I've had some doozy flops myself but generally now I'm ok. My dad has been retired since 65 and keeps himself busy. He shingles his garage roof last year himself with some help hauling the shingles up. My son hauled the old ones to the dump for him. I didn't sleep well last night, was awake from 1 til about 330 so didn't get up til 830. I went to bed at 10 though so I got the hours, just disruptive. My hip is stiff but no pain. I'm going to get on with my day. I wish you well.
Chocolate. My favorite. I've got SD one unexpected glitches going on...stiff today too. Hope he has a good birthday. Enjoy, bake your cake and eat it too.
Hi @cpollock. That's nice you'll be cellebrating your dad's birthday. It's hard when they have to stop driving. I remember when I had to take my dads keys away. He passed away 17 years ago from Parkinson's disease - miss him still but good memories. I wondered about the dental appointment protocol with taking the antibiotics. Sorry to hear your husband is not improving. You have a lot on your plate Cheryl. I agree we are early in recovery @Layla and @Mojo333. It's amazing when we start noticing little improvements though so don't get discouraged. I'm still stiff too at times especially when I've been on my feet too long or siting too long. Icing still helps! When I've overdone I still use the cane at times..,I figure it takes some stress off of my hip. @MyAussieGirl hope you are coming along well and feeling better. Have a great weekend everyone!
Cheryl my hip is still stiff at times also. Mostly from sitting. Laying down doesn't bother it.
Enjoy your dads birthday. It's awesome you still have your parents. Cherish the moment.
@cpollock it's unnecessary to quote a post just to reply to it. Just scoot on down to the bottom of the page and start typing! Unless there is some specific phrase you want to address, of course - like I just did! Then do it like this How to quote a post.
The get together for my Dad's birthday was fun. It was a 6 hour outing and Dad enjoyed the attention surrounded by family.
I just got back from the dentist, 3 fillings done on the top right. Next appointment is with fillings on the bottom right. Final appointment is 2 fillings on the left. Then my cleaning.
My hip is still stiff and the last couple days I haven't been using the cane much. I remember my OS saying he preferred me not to sleep on the operated side but the last few nights I have been for a short time. I thought he said 4 months and that's where I'm at, pillow between my legs of course.
Is there any harm in sleeping on the operated side @Josephine
Happy all went well for your pop.
I slept on mine a little art that time but wasn't as comfortable as I thought it would be.
We always want what we can't have, I guess.
You are so right @Mojo333 we want what we can't have or do, hehe, it's natural I suppose. I'm not sure what the reasoning is or if it would do any harm sleeping on the operated side. The freezing is out and I just had a little to eat. Another hour and it's bed time. I wish you all well. Cheryl
Hi Cheryl,
Great to hear your dad's birthday went well.
I'll bet you're happy to have some of that dental work behind you!
It took me a long time to attempt sleeping on my op side. I can now
and I'm thankful because I find it difficult to sleep on my other side due to
a touchy shoulder. I'm telling you....this getting old biz is not for sissies!
Best wishes for a great rest of the week! @cpollock
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.